Main Event Day 6 Thread

Allen Kennedy Doubles Through Phil HellmuthAction folded around to Phil Hellmuth in late position and he raised to 90,000. Allen Kennedy called from the button and the two took a flop heads up.The flop came Jd9h2d and both players checked. When the 8h hit the turn, Hellmuth bet 60,000 and Kennedy called.The river fell the Ad and Hellmuth bet 175,000. Kennedy moved all in for 510,000 total and Hellmuth made the call. Kennedy showed QcTc and Hellmuth mucked in disgust.BWUH???

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty sure its very revelant at the current moment..... but you know.... your entitled to your own opinions as well i guess...
I was meaning the fact that the tournament director over ruled his penalty shows zero about PH's character. Even if he asked the ruling wasn't his to make. To insinuate that this shows him as a shady character when to the best of my knowledge nothing has pointed to him at all in the UB scandal is a tad uncalled for but whatever just my opinion. There are tons of legit/proven reasons to dislike the guy anyhow.

Official Statement from the WSOP on Phil Hellmuth's PenaltyThe following statement was just released by the World Series of Poker regarding Phil Hellmuth's penalty, which was overturned at the start of play today:"This morning Phil Hellmuth met with Jack Effel, WSOP Tournament Director, Howard Greenbaum, Harrah's Regional Vice President for Specialty Gaming, and Jeffrey Pollack, Commissioner of the WSOP. Based on that meeting and an official review of the situation, it was decided that the penalty imposed on Mr. Hellmuth at the conclusion of play last night was excessive.""Warnings and penalties are intended to correct inappropriate behavior and our rulings should be as fair as possible, given the circumstances," said Pollack. "In this instance, the punishment did not fit the crime.""Phil has now been warned and put on notice in a way that he never has been," Pollack added.

Cantu On the ClimbBrandon Cantu just took down another big pot when his K :club: Q :D bested the K :D J :3h of Dennis Phillips. The board was K :D Q :ts 5 :4h 9 :5c 2 :D and Cantu managed to trim about 1,100,000 off of Phillips with his flop and turn bets. Cantu is now sitting on about 6,200,000 while Phillips commands a stack of about 3,680,000.

Thomas Keller just busted out KQ<76Hellmuth Takes a HitKelly Kim raised to 90,000 from early position and action folded around to Phil Hellmuth in the big blind and he called. The two went heads up to the flop.The flop came {K-Hearts} {6-Spades} {5-Diamonds}. Hellmuth bet 90,000 and Kim called. Hellmuth immediately stood up to survey the situation and the dealer put the {Q-Hearts} on the turn.Hellmuth checked and Kim bet 150,000. Hellmuth thought for almost a minute before finally calling and then checking dark.The river fell the {Q-Diamonds} and Kim bet 250,000. Hellmuth called and Kim showed {A-Clubs} {K-Spades}. Hellmuth mucked and Kim stacked the pot.

Official Statement from the WSOP on Phil Hellmuth's PenaltyThe following statement was just released by the World Series of Poker regarding Phil Hellmuth's penalty, which was overturned at the start of play today:"This morning Phil Hellmuth met with Jack Effel, WSOP Tournament Director, Howard Greenbaum, Harrah's Regional Vice President for Specialty Gaming, and Jeffrey Pollack, Commissioner of the WSOP. Based on that meeting and an official review of the situation, it was decided that the only things we care about are ratings and money.""Warnings and penalties are intended to correct inappropriate behavior and our rulings should be as fair as possible, as long as they don't **** with our bottom line," said Pollack. "In this instance, the punishment did.""Phil has now been warned and put on notice that he can do whatever he wants ," Pollack added.
FYP

Jeremy Gaubert Eliminated in 58th PlaceMike Matusow has again been pretty tight today but just before the break he found a good spot to gamble, getting all his chips in with against the short-stacked Jeremy Gaubert who held .The flop came and Matusow jumped from his chair and screamed "Did I tell you? Did I tell you? They can't beat me!!!"The turn and river bricked , and Matusow takes down the pot to move up to 2.4 million chips and eliminate Gaubert in 58th place.After the hand, a fan from the rail yells out "YES! I got money on you Mikey!"Matusow's reply: "Go bet more!"WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i belive number 1 pen is still alive and well too. His name is Peter Neff and as a matter of fact I think he has an acct. here and has posted a couple times.
Probably all those 25 hour days.
After the hand, a fan from the rail yells out "YES! I got money on you Mikey!"Matusow's reply: "Go bet more!"WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Pls let it be him
Phil is moving his way to to about 750k. He's no longer the short stack.Mike the Mouth now has 3.5 or so.
a couple dozen high stakes online cash players have boners right now.
not if they are playing horse against him
wldnt that be something mike cashes for a few mill in the ME then goes on a high stakes tear lol his head wld be as big as the good year blimp LOLps: how bout tiffany michelle ? hanging around all the players def rubbed off seemd like shes playing really aggro and good
Jeremy Gaubert Eliminated in 58th PlaceMike Matusow has again been pretty tight today but just before the break he found a good spot to gamble, getting all his chips in with against the short-stacked Jeremy Gaubert who held .The flop came and Matusow jumped from his chair and screamed "Did I tell you? Did I tell you? They can't beat me!!!"The turn and river bricked , and Matusow takes down the pot to move up to 2.4 million chips and eliminate Gaubert in 58th place.After the hand, a fan from the rail yells out "YES! I got money on you Mikey!"Matusow's reply: "Go bet more!"WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Holycrap, I know that guy. What is he doing in the final 100 of the main event? wow. Was in a poker group with him back in the pokerroom.com days. I was better than him then :club: I guess he kept getting better.
blinds/antes really start to get crazy today. 1 mil gonna be a short stack in a few hours.24 15000 / 30000 4000 Sun Jul 13 2008 12:15 PST 25 20000 / 40000 5000 Duration: 120 min. 26 25000 / 50000 5000 Duration: 120 min. 27 30000 / 60000 10000 Duration: 120 min. 28 40000 / 80000 10000 Duration: 120 min.
That is true, but at the start of the next level the M of an average stack is almost 26! And it will go up as people drop.