• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who Joe Posnanski is. I think most of the voters will look at wins, k's, era, and how good their respective team is. I think a lot of them will say that the 20+ wins Webb gets plus them probably making the playoffs outweighs the era and k advantage lincecum has. Now some of you will probably say, "hey there's tons of other stats (and more meaningful ones)." But, these are probably mostly 50-70 year old writers who've been doing this for 30+ years and they've done it this way every year. Actually they'll probably throw in walks as well and that's advantage to Webb. As of now, I think TL is the candidate but I think Webb will get the votes.
I don't think anybody here is suggesting Lincey will win. Unless something outrageous happens, Webb has this thing as good as locked up.

The NL candidates are all really strong this year. Santana, Webb, and Lincecum are all great picks and then you have some great secondary choices like Dan Haren, Cole Hamels, and even C.C. Sabathia. It's really a pretty great race (or at least it would be if these things were voted on fairly and/or meant anything.)BTW- Sportsmack I see that you were quoting Giants/Lincecum fans with the bias comment, but the irony of you pointing out the biases of others in this thread of all places is no less relevant or hilarious even given that fact.

Yawn, had a shutout going into the 9th but 126 pitches! He and Cain are 1-2 in pitch counts this year in a season that doesn't matter.I really hope that Lincecum is a freak of nature and stays healthy for a long time as the sky is the limit for this kid!

Yawn, had a shutout going into the 9th but 126 pitches! He and Cain are 1-2 in pitch counts this year in a season that doesn't matter.I really hope that Lincecum is a freak of nature and stays healthy for a long time as the sky is the limit for this kid!
I'm not even a Giants fan, but I was SCREAMING at the gamecast last night. Just yelling. "WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING BRUCE ****ING BOCHY?!" That is criminal. When I saw him batting for himself in the bottom of the 8th, I was certain there was simply a mistakeBochy should get the ax.
  • 2 weeks later...
Really rough game. :club:
I love listening to Giants fans after games. On Saturday night I listened to his last start while driving home from way up in Northern California, and then listened to the post game show. If you heard that, you would think that the GIants were going to win the WS next year based off fan reactions. ZOMG PABLO SANDOVAL!@!@@!#@!#!@! One day Giants fans will realize that (like with Bowker), major league pitching adjusts very well. Last year at this time they thought Raje Davis was going to be the 'answer' this year.Also, well played on that line drive Velez. I hope the idiot Cy Young voters ignore everything except the # of wins and rob Lincecum, just so I can be entertained by retarded callers on KNBR.
I love listening to Giants fans after games. On Saturday night I listened to his last start while driving home from way up in Northern California, and then listened to the post game show. If you heard that, you would think that the GIants were going to win the WS next year based off fan reactions. ZOMG PABLO SANDOVAL!@!@@!#@!#!@! One day Giants fans will realize that (like with Bowker), major league pitching adjusts very well. Last year at this time they thought Raje Davis was going to be the 'answer' this year.Also, well played on that line drive Velez. I hope the idiot Cy Young voters ignore everything except the # of wins and rob Lincecum, just so I can be entertained by retarded callers on KNBR.
QFMFT!!!...LOL, I actually heard Brian Murphy say on the Murph and Mac show that he "can't wait for spring training." Ummmmmm...I guess he can't wait for the beginning of another losing season lol. Then I heard on caller say this morning that Bruce Boche should be fired for putting Velez in the outfield last night. Not because they've had a $hitty year mind you, but because the move caused Lincecum the game. The fan base in large part is a joke. Apparently a sub 500 year = a great season as long as your star pitcher has a chance to win the CY Young. Unbelievable.
QFMFT!!!...LOL, I actually heard Brian Murphy say on the Murph and Mac show that he "can't wait for spring training." Ummmmmm...I guess he can't wait for the beginning of another losing season lol. Then I heard on caller say this morning that Bruce Boche should be fired for putting Velez in the outfield last night. Not because they've had a $hitty year mind you, but because the move caused Lincecum the game. The fan base in large part is a joke. Apparently a sub 500 year = a great season as long as your star pitcher has a chance to win the CY Young. Unbelievable.
God you're stupid. If you think that all the sheep that call KNBR represent all Giants fans then you really don't know what you're talking about dude. Some reason you have a ****ing hard on for hating the Giants. Go back to the shitty east bay and cheer for the A's.
God you're stupid. If you think that all the sheep that call KNBR represent all Giants fans then you really don't know what you're talking about dude. Some reason you have a ****ing hard on for hating the Giants. Go back to the shitty east bay and cheer for the A's.
Hence I said "a large part of the fan base" you douche. I didn't say all, or even most...I said "large part." What is your definition of "large part?" And my hard ons are absolutely none of your business, but thanks for caring :icon_biggrin:You mean go back to the East Bay where all the Championships are located? Okay, I think I will.
Hence I said "a large part of the fan base" you douche. I didn't say all, or even most...I said "large part." What is your definition of "large part?" And my hard ons are absolutely none of your business, but thanks for caring :icon_biggrin:You mean go back to the East Bay where all the Championships are located? Okay, I think I will.
Lol, even though I find you annoying you crack me up. :)But I must admit that Giants fans are probably the dumbest in baseball.
LOL, I listen to KNBR daily, and as a Giants fan agree that 90% of the callers are idiots. But I mean what are they supposed to do? You have to be optimistic to enjoy sports. Plus Giants fans have reason to be happy about the team, the way this season has progressed it looks like a 5 year rebuilding process from scratch is only gonna take 2-3 years. Yay for 2011!As for the last week of the season, the only two things the Giants have going for them is Timmy's Cy Young and keeping the Dodgers out of the playoffs, a game which the DBacks don't seem to wanna participate in.
LOL, I listen to KNBR daily, and as a Giants fan agree that 90% of the callers are idiots. But I mean what are they supposed to do? You have to be optimistic to enjoy sports. Plus Giants fans have reason to be happy about the team, the way this season has progressed it looks like a 5 year rebuilding process from scratch is only gonna take 2-3 years. Yay for 2011!As for the last week of the season, the only two things the Giants have going for them is Timmy's Cy Young and keeping the Dodgers out of the playoffs, a game which the DBacks don't seem to wanna participate in.
Like I told all my friends that are Giants fans, if they kept their expectations to the minimum then they would enjoy the year. Anytime you have good young pitching you have reason to be optimistic. Now, if you get rid of Sabean and that big headed freak Boche (not that he is to blame with the talent he has, I just like making fun of his head), you might be on to something. Then again, both the Dodgers and Dbacks have a ton of young talent themselves, and they most likely will only be getting better as well.Last night might have been the end of the Lincecum for Cy Young run. I still think he deserves it over Webb, but I doubt he will get it with 18 wins max.
Like I told all my friends that are Giants fans, if they kept their expectations to the minimum then they would enjoy the year. Anytime you have good young pitching you have reason to be optimistic. Now, if you get rid of Sabean and that big headed freak Boche (not that he is to blame with the talent he has, I just like making fun of his head), you might be on to something. Then again, both the Dodgers and Dbacks have a ton of young talent themselves, and they most likely will only be getting better as well.Last night might have been the end of the Lincecum for Cy Young run. I still think he deserves it over Webb, but I doubt he will get it with 18 wins max.
I think the Giants will be good if we make the Cain for Fielder and Hardy trade and when Posey and Gillespie (SP) Come up. We will have Lincecum for at least two years, so I hope it can get better.
  • 1 month later...
What a great day! A victory for Reason over superstition. Grats, TL, you deserve it.
:club::ts :)I wonder if Sportsmack thinks that A's pitcher is still better. I don't even remember his name he fell off the radar so quick.
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

+20 wins for tiny Tim this year? I think it's very possible with a stronger bullpen. Hopefully we can score him runs (sigh Cain).

LOL, this thread is a gem. And I wouldn't bet on Tim getting close to 20 wins. Its pretty ridiculously hard and too dependent on things besides how well he pitches.