So who's going to have a better year? Duke or the Freak?This thread should be mandatory reading before opening day every year!
I'll take Timmy, but I wouldn't be surprised of Duke had a better year. He has a better team around him.
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take Timmy, but I wouldn't be surprised of Duke had a better year. He has a better team around him.
Duke is hurt again and even if he was healthy, the freak would be the choice every time (at least until the Giants burn out his arm)
**** the cy young , Tim L for MVP.
+3489257I laugh and cringe every time I remember how close Sebean was to trading Lincecum before last season. THAT would be the worst trade in baseball history. Even more than Ernie Broglio and Bobby Shantz for Lou Brock. Good one there Cubs! :club:

no pitcher should be MVP. Cy Young award for pitchers. Pitchers get too much credit the same as QB's. GGW, the majors are littered with former cy young award winners that amounted to nothing after. but your in luck cuz you have sabean on your side.

Until they change it to Most Valuable Position Player it shouldn't matter what position you play. In terms of the MVP award pitchers are way way way underrepresented so im not sure how they get too much credit. Cliff Lee was probably the best player in the AL last year and if the MVP always went to the best player that year Santana should probably have one by now.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
:club::ts no hitters aren't over after 7 innings, nice try tho...(sw)
:PI forgot his name, but the A's pitcher that two hit shut out the red sox at fenway. he looked pretty good. :4h
:PI forgot his name, but the A's pitcher that two hit shut out the red sox at fenway. he looked pretty good. :club:
That was Anderson who looks like he is turning the corner. Braden has been solid all season and Outman looked fine before he got hurt. Cahill has looked good at times although he's not as far along as Anderson. If the A's are patient, they have the makings of a decent staff next year - now they just have to find some hitters (Holliday will be gone, Giambi and Garciaparra have disappointed, Chavy always hurt). I think that the Duke will be let go - gets injured too much. Gio Gonzalez looked good in an earlier start so maybe in time, he could be another good one.
That was Anderson who looks like he is turning the corner. Braden has been solid all season and Outman looked fine before he got hurt. Cahill has looked good at times although he's not as far along as Anderson. If the A's are patient, they have the makings of a decent staff next year - now they just have to find some hitters (Holliday will be gone, Giambi and Garciaparra have disappointed, Chavy always hurt). I think that the Duke will be let go - gets injured too much. Gio Gonzalez looked good in an earlier start so maybe in time, he could be another good one.
iirc, didn't the A's start out the season with 4 of their 5 starting pitchers being rookies? if the A's and Billie can keep them together, they could grow to be a pretty sick staff.and responding to Chavy, will he ever play again? this is the third straight year that he has been done in from injures? he was such a great player.
  • 4 weeks later...

Cain isnt even close to Tim in anything but ERA and Wins. Tragically that's all the voters seem to care about.Lincecums K/BB is 191/41Cains is 117/54Im pretty confident that by the end of the season Tim will have broke away from Cain in ERA and Wins though so it shouldn't be a problem.Carpenter and Haren are deserving though. They have both been great and seem like they will continue being great for the rest of the season.While I don't think Vazquez should win the Cy Young, he is very underrated and he has been great too.Also Hopefully Tim gets to 300 strikeouts. That would be a great feat in this day and age of low pitch counts and increased reliance on the bullpen. He is currently on pace for 287.

• 2 months later...
Say a thread on another forum titled ' Cy young winner busted for weed" and knew 100 percent before I clicked on it who it was. Tim is godhttp://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4627319
lol I am a degen for loving timmy even more now.
The only thing I said "WTF?" to from the story is why does he have a 2006 Benz. Time to update the car, IMO!
giants are cheap. he is making 600k a year. (which is a lot of money, but not for a cy young winner and the face of your franchise.)
basically an 1/8th is the size of a thumb? giant thumbs or some dense dank there.
The guy added that he was describing a "whole thumb." Imagine if you cut your thumb off all the way down to the wrist, with all that sort of thumb-meat from your palm (it would be like a drumstick). That's about the size of a big one-nugget-eighth, dontcha think?drumstick.jpgThat, or maybe this (big thumbs):200px-EvenCowgirlsGetTheBlues(1stEd).jpg