I read this earlier. I'm guessing Raymer took a series of beats/coolers, one of which would have made him the chipleader. Just some built up frustration in one of the biggest tournies.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raymers response:Matusow had nothing to do with it. Prior to this pot, I had been bad beat out of 3 pots with over 300K chips in them, so I was a super-short stack instead of being the chip leader. Mike happened to win the hand that eliminated me, but my reaction was simply the result of frustration after entering 25 WSOP events, and getting bad beat out of 24 of them. While it is no excuse for tearing up the card, I'm basically 100% sure that everybody reading this would have a negative reaction if they had been subjected to my run of beats for the last month.If you were offended by what I did, my apologies. But it's really not that big of a deal.Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Raymers response:Matusow had nothing to do with it. Prior to this pot, I had been bad beat out of 3 pots with over 300K chips in them, so I was a super-short stack instead of being the chip leader. Mike happened to win the hand that eliminated me, but my reaction was simply the result of frustration after entering 25 WSOP events, and getting bad beat out of 24 of them. While it is no excuse for tearing up the card, I'm basically 100% sure that everybody reading this would have a negative reaction if they had been subjected to my run of beats for the last month.If you were offended by what I did, my apologies. But it's really not that big of a deal.Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Obviously someone can't handle a downswing.I've had such a terrible downswing in the past two weeks I've had to drop down a 2 limits.
You call Raymer an idiot in a thread that includes Matusow? wow
i love douchebags like you that think raymer is better than matusow. that, good sir, just isn't the case.
Source? Link?Any poker player that rips a card in half is destroying private property (that of the specific card room) and drops below the crud on a mustard jar's cap in rankings of human beings, let alone poker players....
wat
On about a 22 buyin downswing right now, starting at the $10 NL, then moved down to $5 NL, and now playing $2 NL and $2PLO.This is my first real downswing, and I don't really like it.
On about a 22 buyin downswing right now, starting at the $10 NL, then moved down to $5 NL, and now playing $2 NL and $2PLO.This is my first real downswing, and I don't really like it.
you're supposed to move up in stakes when on a downswing.But seriously I don't know how any can grind $10 or $5 without going insane

$5 dollars makes u go insane just spent the last hour grinding a table that was tight as tits man made 2 dollars, they folded to every pre flop raise , every bet on turn, i just couldnt take no more so :club:

you're supposed to move up in stakes when on a downswing.But seriously I don't know how any can grind $10 or $5 without going insane
I can do it without going insane because at the moment it's just a hobby and a way for me to get better. For too long I've made deposits and taken shots and gone broke. I guess I was sick of it all. A poster on here (who I won't name) sent me a small stake and that got me started, of course the downswing didn't help much.I still take shots every once in awhile, but now they're a bit more calculated. For example, if I have a good couple of days and make like $15-$20, I might play a higher SNG or MTT than I usually do, and still leave myself with some profit.
I can somewhat understand it when Raymer, Hachem, Gold, etc. complain about running bad/taking bad beats cuz they are human, but at the same time nobody REALLY wants to hear it when they previously ran like god for 5+ days to take down a tourney that's become the biggest donkfest this side of the 100k.Oh, and I used to try to grind $2 NL, and can't do it anymore. Grinding on the micro mtt's/sng's until the roll gets big enough to play higher cash.
Source? Link?Any poker player that rips a card in half is destroying private property (that of the specific card room) and drops below the crud on a mustard jar's cap in rankings of human beings, let alone poker players....
LOL, I'd say you are taking that a tad too far there.

Okay now you're making me have to check on My Space and see what Mike has to say in his bulletin about it. Maybe you all would be happier if Raymer just ate his last chip instead,lol. At least then the table would still be playing with a full deck.

Hey all, here's a shot of Raymer at the table from my photo-journalism/interview/donk-off-half-my-roll trip to the WSOP this year...http://www.flickr.com/photos/runtcake/2602470565/I think this also makes the point that there is a finite amount of add space on a poker player...even a large one.enjoy the rest of the photos too at http://www.flickr.com/photos/runtcake/

over dramatic much? I think you have an unhealthy respect for private property, particularly since the rio goes through, or, about 10 K decks of cards a day. I'm not saying what Raymer did was mature or acceptable behavior, but to " drop below the crud in a mustard jar's cap" for tearing a card in frustration is just absurd. It's not like they lost the formula for decks of cards, and that was the last known deck or something.
over dramatic much? I think you have an unhealthy respect for private property, particularly since the rio goes through, or, about 10 K decks of cards a day. I'm not saying what Raymer did was mature or acceptable behavior, but to " drop below the crud in a mustard jar's cap" for tearing a card in frustration is just absurd. It's not like they lost the formula for decks of cards, and that was the last known deck or something.
Granted it's all obvious stuff, but the fact the we have agreed about 4 different things across multiple threads is variance at its finest.
Hey all, here's a shot of Raymer at the table from my photo-journalism/interview/donk-off-half-my-roll trip to the WSOP this year...http://www.flickr.com/photos/runtcake/2602470565/I think this also makes the point that there is a finite amount of add space on a poker player...even a large one.enjoy the rest of the photos too at http://www.flickr.com/photos/runtcake/
show me a bigger goof than that