So I'm closing in on 1,000 posts so as is normally customary I think its only right for a stake...I have decided to do something a little different with it though...I was thinking of some sort of longer term stake for a micro grinder...It will be interesting...I'm sure this wont apply to 99% of the players here though so if your not looking to be a super micro grinder you can stop reading now...Ok so heres what I'm thinking...A stake of around $50 to grind the lowest levels on Pokerstars...either .01/.02 or .02/.05 to start off. The first goal of the stake will be for you to grow a bankroll and be able to move up limits following a sound bankroll management system. (Probably something like the Chris Ferguson rules) The second goal is to become a better player. I should be able to help you improve your game enough to beat the lowest of limits...but, granted I wont be able to take you that far because I currently stink lol...But I'm sure there some good players with no money in their account because they cant get it online, ect...I would probably prefer someone who is looking to play cash games rather than sit and gos to start off with. But, if your making money that can change easily...So here is what I want:1) A respectable person who is going to follow all of the rules that we decide on before the stake takes place...This means playing within the limits we decide on, paying up when we decide...oh, and becoming the champion. :club: 2) Someone who is looking to build a bankroll on the stake and most likely move up levels well still on the stake and pwn bigger games...(I want this to be more of a long term investment than a quick hit and run for myself)Who I'm looking for:1) Someone who is passionate about the game (Even if your new to it)2) Probably a poster that I either recognize or has a decent number of posts (Mainly for credibility reasons) but I can be flexible depending on who applies because I'm sure most of the people who have a decent number of posts also have bankrolls.Right now this is all I can think of. If I add anything to this I will prob put it at the bottom. I am not how many people I am going to pick yet. It all depends on who applies.So just post in this thread why I should pick you. If yur not comfortable doing that send me a PM, and hopefully this will all work out well.

Well I apply, and not because i have been running bad and need the stake. I apply because I am sort of 'starting over' and will be grinding micro cash games alot and i could really benefit from the coaching part of your offer.GL to whom ever you choose.PM sent also!!

So I'm closing in on 1,000 posts so as is normally customary I think its only right for a stake...I have decided to do something a little different with it though...I was thinking of some sort of longer term stake for a micro grinder...It will be interesting...I'm sure this wont apply to 99% of the players here though so if your not looking to be a super micro grinder you can stop reading now...Ok so heres what I'm thinking...A stake of around $50 to grind the lowest levels on Pokerstars...either .01/.02 or .02/.05 to start off. The first goal of the stake will be for you to grow a bankroll and be able to move up limits following a sound bankroll management system. (Probably something like the Chris Ferguson rules) The second goal is to become a better player. I should be able to help you improve your game enough to beat the lowest of limits...but, granted I wont be able to take you that far because I currently stink lol...But I'm sure there some good players with no money in their account because they cant get it online, ect...I would probably prefer someone who is looking to play cash games rather than sit and gos to start off with. But, if your making money that can change easily...So here is what I want:1) A respectable person who is going to follow all of the rules that we decide on before the stake takes place...This means playing within the limits we decide on, paying up when we decide...oh, and becoming the champion. :club: 2) Someone who is looking to build a bankroll on the stake and most likely move up levels well still on the stake and pwn bigger games...(I want this to be more of a long term investment than a quick hit and run for myself)Who I'm looking for:1) Someone who is passionate about the game (Even if your new to it)2) Probably a poster that I either recognize or has a decent number of posts (Mainly for credibility reasons) but I can be flexible depending on who applies because I'm sure most of the people who have a decent number of posts also have bankrolls.Right now this is all I can think of. If I add anything to this I will prob put it at the bottom. I am not how many people I am going to pick yet. It all depends on who applies.So just post in this thread why I should pick you. If yur not comfortable doing that send me a PM, and hopefully this will all work out well.
would love to take you up on this opportunity as i aspire to play poker as a profession but feel as if i have just gottan a lot of bad breaks recently always getting sucked out on. I have no problems playin 2/5 and i can definately tell you this for a fact, you will make money off your investment if you decide to chose me, i play all the games so i can play w/e you want me to and congrats on the 1k posts, also name is se7enth_bok on stars

I'd be interested. I haven't been online in a while, cashed out the last of my roll two months ago off FTP after a -4 digit drunken night (obv brag). I'm willing to start all over at 0 dollars and grind it back again. FWIW, I made most of my money playing .25/.50-1/2 LHE and up to 25NL and micro tourneys. I have PT and am about a 4BB/100 winner at 25NL. I'm just not that good at multitabling 400NL when I've eaten mushrooms and drank all day. That being said, it sounds like I'm some drunk who blows through bankrolls. This was a one time thing and that is why I cashed the rest of my roll out when I did and haven't been online in two-ish months. If I'm chosen cool, if not it's totally cool also. Good luck. I think this is just what I need though to get back in my mindset.

I would really like to give this a shot. I am mainly a Heads Up player. I have played up to $10 HU SNG with good success. I have played and won a few HU SNGS that cost much more. I can be a very good player when I play focused. I just moved so I won't have the distractions that have hindered me in the past. PM me with question and other rules so we can discuss. Thanks

:D Thanks. Hopefully we can get that ball rolling again in the near future and get some REAL pwnament going on! :ts:club::D P.S. Enjoying a few brews tonight, so disregard any obnoxiousness from me for the next few hours, k? thx.
Im doing the exact same thing, good times. oh yeah, and playing poker. which is good and bad at times.

I've grinded up from $4 since around the start of the year following bankroll management and advice, strongly. There are momentums of my progress scattered all around the forums. I successfully worked that up to $400, and then had to cash out down to $100 to help me through the end of the academic year. Still, the achievement and sense of myself becoming a better player was there.I'm now going back up, using all I've learnt in the progress. I consider myself to know how to do this, and I happily give advice to people doing the same thing. I used to keep a blog of my progress but that died out. I have every intention of getting that up and running again in the imminent future.Having said that, I'm someone who could do this alone. If you're looking to guide someone, then I'm probably not the right person for it. If you're looking to invest, then perhaps I am.I'll leave it there for now as you'll have dozens of replies very soon, I'd expect. If you want to ask me anything, just let me know.Thanks a lot.Zach.

I'm sure you would want someone with a higher post total than I but what the hell, I'll throw my name into the mix.I would love to take a shot at this for you. I suck at tournies, SNG's, etc. so I would like to grind on the micro cash tables.I as able to sell play chips for $10 and grind that up to ~$120 once before. Moved some of the money around to buy some chips for my home game, couldn't buy a pot after that and went busto.loopy22 on stars

Not looking for a stake as I don't like the micro cash games (although I do play them) therefore would not have the focus needed to try and make you money. I love playing the micro sit n goes and have been having decent succes at the 45 man micro turbos. I just wanted to say that this is one of the good things about this community. Guys giving back. I hope to have enough BR to one day be able to offer some stakes to the community. Well Done Jariso13.

Hi, i would like to apply :-) not many posts but i am a sound person and i need a challenge and i need a mentor, will send a pm.gl to who ever is picked.

I'll play! I love these type of challenges. I always start these but when I run it it up I stop. Since I have to follow the rules (its not my money) I think I can do well. Pick me.