Seenms faiurLakers are showing thatthey dont want to go down without a fight. That is good.
They're also showing they can't put this Celtics team away in the 4th qtr. That is good.
  • Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus, what a terrible performance by the Lakers in the 4th quarter, but I guess it was just enough to hold off the Celts for the win. I guess that's all they really needed tonight, but after what's been shown IN LA the last 2 games, I'd be shocked if this goes to a 7th game.

Jesus, what a terrible performance by the Lakers in the 4th quarter, but I guess it was just enough to hold off the Celts for the win. I guess that's all they really needed tonight, but after what's been shown IN LA the last 2 games, I'd be shocked if this goes to a 7th game.
I agree. Aside from coming out strong in the first quarter in two home games, they haven't shown anything in this series. As a fan I still believe they can somehow find their game, but I haven't seen any signs yet.Can't think of any color guy ever that's better than Van Gundy, he's spot on with everything and then some.

All this "LA can't come out and win like this, Boston outplayed them" is trash. The Lakers beat the Celtics and they beat them while playing poorly. Garnett choked down the end, Pierce was stripped twice by Kobe, but nobody stepped up for the Lakers. And they still won!!!!!(Insert Odom played good lines here)I don't know why Celtics fans would feel good about this loss. Kobe's bitchmade right now. If he comes out of this and gets on, the goddamn Celts are gonna blow this series. If you get 1st quarter Kobe for 4 quarters (it can happen, it wouldn't be strange) then the Celtics could be stuck in a game 7 just hoping Kobe doesn't do it again.Also, I watched PJ Brown hard today. To do what he's doing is hilarious. It's seriously like he firmly believes the refs won't call him for a foul every play and just rocks people. I find it amusing because I don't give a fuck about either team, but man they play some dirty ball. I hate the Lakers and I'm sticking up for them just because I think it's garbage. I would like to see KG, Pierce, and Allen get a ring though. I'd also like to bump my post stating that the Spurs and Manu have never lost when they got to the Finals because they close when they get there and that Kobe has lost in the Finals. Please let me bump that, Celtics. Let me have something.

I agree. Aside from coming out strong in the first quarter in two home games, they haven't shown anything in this series. As a fan I still believe they can somehow find their game, but I haven't seen any signs yet.Can't think of any color guy ever that's better than Van Gundy, he's spot on with everything and then some.
I also just wanted to add with this post that Van Gundy said he has a Man crush on Manu. And that he'd always want Ginobili on his team and that no one competes harder. So yeah, he knows his stuff.
All this "LA can't come out and win like this, Boston outplayed them" is trash. The Lakers beat the Celtics and they beat them while playing poorly. Garnett choked down the end, Pierce was stripped twice by Kobe, but nobody stepped up for the Lakers. And they still won!!!!!(Insert Odom played good lines here)I don't know why Celtics fans would feel good about this loss. Kobe's bitchmade right now. If he comes out of this and gets on, the goddamn Celts are gonna blow this series. If you get 1st quarter Kobe for 4 quarters (it can happen, it wouldn't be strange) then the Celtics could be stuck in a game 7 just hoping Kobe doesn't do it again.Also, I watched PJ Brown hard today. To do what he's doing is hilarious. It's seriously like he firmly believes the refs won't call him for a foul every play and just rocks people. I find it amusing because I don't give a fuck about either team, but man they play some dirty ball. I hate the Lakers and I'm sticking up for them just because I think it's garbage. I would like to see KG, Pierce, and Allen get a ring though. I'd also like to bump my post stating that the Spurs and Manu have never lost when they got to the Finals because they close when they get there and that Kobe has lost in the Finals. Please let me bump that, Celtics. Let me have something.
Bolded #1 - Nobody that I've seen has said that Boston outplayed them, just that LA hasn't shown they can close a game and, even LA fans admit, they haven't played well at all in the 4th quarter.Bolded #2 - For somebody who has a Spurs avatar, I find this comment laughable. The spurs are probably the "dirtiest" team in the league, but I see it as good, hard-nosed defense that finds a way to not get called alot. If anybody would understand that, I'd expect you to (by your, apparent, team.)Bolded #3 - Nice comment. It's too bad Manu & Co. are relaxing at the pad right now or maybe they could've shown better. -shrug-Ok, that's all.
You want to come hang out for a couple days until Game 6 to make me feel better about myself. Only person I've heard other than Laker fans say there's a chance. Thanks man. Also love how it's still about the Spurs.

I don't think they have a real chance. I think Kobe has got to go for 40+ both games. But I think Boston should be pissed they let one get away. The Lakers haven't played their best basketball and more importantly Kobe hasn't played his best basketball. As for Freak you don't really make much sense with anything you've responded to. Except the Spurs relaxing I guess. I thought they had a good season and a good run in the playoffs, it's an even year. We win in the odds.

I don't think they have a real chance. I think Kobe has got to go for 40+ both games. But I think Boston should be pissed they let one get away. The Lakers haven't played their best basketball and more importantly Kobe hasn't played his best basketball. As for Freak you don't really make much sense with anything you've responded to. Except the Spurs relaxing I guess. I thought they had a good season and a good run in the playoffs, it's an even year. We win in the odds.
LOL @ me being the one not making sense. I fail to see how "Boston let one get away" when they were behind the whole 1st half, came back to tie it/take a slim lead in the 3rd, went down by double digits in the 4th, and then almost completed another comeback for the win, but fell just short. Your logic confuses me, but to each their own.
except with his knowledge of celebrities... calling Nick lachey, lachy, and confusing his gf for alysa milano...l
Also, I watched PJ Brown hard today. To do what he's doing is hilarious. It's seriously like he firmly believes the refs won't call him for a foul every play and just rocks people. I find it amusing because I don't give a fuck about either team, but man they play some dirty ball.
This is what I have been saying. The Celtics are fouling so much that the refs just cant call them all or they'd all fould out in the first half. Therefore they get away with mugging the lakers. And pj brown has been the worst. It saddens me that no one has thrown an elbow into his face.
This is what I have been saying. The Celtics are fouling so much that the refs just cant call them all or they'd all fould out in the first half. Therefore they get away with mugging the lakers. And pj brown has been the worst. It saddens me that no one has thrown an elbow into his face.
Usually the team crying about this is the one that has no real inside presence or post up game. I bet you weren't saying this when Shaq was manhandling people in the lane for LA. Learn to play in the paint.
Usually the team crying about this is the one that has no real inside presence or post up game. I bet you weren't saying this when Shaq was manhandling people in the lane for LA. Learn to play in the paint.
Im not crying about it. I said earlier that it was good strategy. It is obviously working for them and firmly believe that you do what must be done to win. The Lakers are down in this series because they have not responded to the Celtics tactics. Which is why I would send out Turiaf to lay the beatdown on someone. Send a message. And it gets the refs quicker with the whistles to keep the game in line and that benefits the lakers.

FWIW I don't think the whole Celtics team fouls a bunch. Cassell rarely is close enough to someone to foul them. Garnett is a good defender, his first foul on Fisher was Fisher being uncoordinated and running out of bounds. Pierce plays his balls off. Ray Allen pretty much fouls Kobe on every single play. You often see Kobe passing with one hand on the ball and his other arm trying to get out of Ray Allen's body. Posey is a good defender that gets under your skin, he fouls sometimes, but he plays good d a lot of the time.The true exception is PJ Brown. He doesn't even try to play defense. He is literally two arm shoving, smacking, grabbing, just about everything. It's sooooo dirty.

LOL @ me being the one not making sense. I fail to see how "Boston let one get away" when they were behind the whole 1st half, came back to tie it/take a slim lead in the 3rd, went down by double digits in the 4th, and then almost completed another comeback for the win, but fell just short. Your logic confuses me, but to each their own.
The Lakers were on the ropes and their confidence was/is shot. I hate Kobe and he hasn't imposed his will on the Celtics yet. I hate him, but I respect/fear the shit out of him. I don't want to extend series against a player that is as talented as Kobe. Sasha has played like shit two games in a row, he's not going to have another 9% shooting day. Somehow if you're losing the whole game and make it close you're given a free pass on your efforts? This is what Jackson and Van Gundy were saying too, I don't understand. The Lakers should be upset because they were winning all game? They didn't even play well and were winning allllllllllll game. They shouldn't feel bad, they should feel great, play like crap beat the Celtics. It's stupid to say well the Celtics really played their hearts out, they just barely lost and came back. Nice free throws Garnett, you look like Duncan out there. Nice turnovers Pierce. They had the game and gave it away.I'm done defending the fucking Lakers. I hate every player on their team and they all suck.
Posey is a good defender that gets under your skin, he fouls sometimes, but he plays good d a lot of the time.
LOL, 'oh let me see if I can grab his ankle and see if they call it...nope, didn't think so.':kobedunk.jpg
So you should be allowed to grab someone's ankle on the way up for a dunk?
Obviously not, what I'm saying is that call is never happening unless he completely alters the flight path of an opponent which is fairly unlikely since he is trying to keep it on the DL and not make it blatant.Looks where the ref is looking during that play, it's pretty obvious why it would never get called.
Obviously not, what I'm saying is that call is never happening unless he completely alters the flight path of an opponent which is fairly unlikely since he is trying to keep it on the DL and not make it blatant.Looks where the ref is looking during that play, it's pretty obvious why it would never get called.
LOL, my point isn't the lack of a call, it is the way Posey plays, which I love ftr. I posted the picture in response to what I quoted, and partly re: the PJ Brown talk. Like Van Gundy pointed out when Posey and Lamar got in each other's faces late, Posey fouls after the whistle all the time, and does little things that don't get called.

Yeah, Posey is one of those players that you love if he's on your team, and hate if he isn't (or if he did something dirty to your teams, like the Bulls). Kinda like Sasha Vujacic, except we hate Sasha for being, well, Sasha.So that being said, I love the guy (Posey that is).

The Lakers were on the ropes and their confidence was/is shot. I hate Kobe and he hasn't imposed his will on the Celtics yet. I hate him, but I respect/fear the shit out of him. I don't want to extend series against a player that is as talented as Kobe. Sasha has played like shit two games in a row, he's not going to have another 9% shooting day. Somehow if you're losing the whole game and make it close you're given a free pass on your efforts? This is what Jackson and Van Gundy were saying too, I don't understand. The Lakers should be upset because they were winning all game? They didn't even play well and were winning allllllllllll game. They shouldn't feel bad, they should feel great, play like crap beat the Celtics. It's stupid to say well the Celtics really played their hearts out, they just barely lost and came back. Nice free throws Garnett, you look like Duncan out there. Nice turnovers Pierce. They had the game and gave it away.I'm done defending the fucking Lakers. I hate every player on their team and they all suck.
Ugh, ok last response to you as you're making little to no sense to me...The Lakers were playing at home in a game they HAD to win. They were leading almost the whole way and almost let the game slip away AGAIN. Coup de grace. (if I spelled that right) It's what my high school basketball coach used to always say to us. Step on the other teams neck and put them away! The Lakers have failed to show that this entire series. Nobody has said anything about a "free pass" to th Celtics. Sure, they could've fought a bit more and completed ANOTHER great comeback to close it out, but being in LA, in a game that the Lakers had to have, it's not a bad loss at all. If Boston has proved anything these playoffs, it's that they play so much better at home, so needing one win out of 2 at home, IMO, would make them feel quite comfortable right now. And sure, Kobe's a great player who you don't want to just let hang around, but he's been shut down by great defense for 4 out of the 5 games this series. Sure, he could snap out of it for the final 2, but I'd still bank on what's been the norm this series: The Celtic's D shutting him down and closing this out in game 6.