You Know You're An Alcoholic When

post the got you laid song... much better imo :club:
FYPand imo it wasn't, just from charts positions and overall feedback I got from it. Artists are commin at me left and right looking for collabs after promoting that in the soundclick forums. There's even a version of Breathe I haven't posted here where my fav unknown singer got on the second verse: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6593971But if you really want to hear that trashy love song (which had worse vocal quality btw): http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6558469oh, also, you know you're an alcoholic when you wake up not being able to motivate yourself to go to work, but then you vomit and all of a sudden you're good to go for the day. (I pulled that one off this morning =\)
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but I just do not see the humor in such a horrific and debilitating disease. alcoholism kills millions of americans each day and can lead to the complete destruction of families. and I take exception to your asking me to ignore this thread. should I ignore the aids epidemic in africa? should I ignore the earthquake victims in china? when someone attempts to make light of such a serious subject as alcoholism, I feel it is my duty to do whatever I can in order to spread the word of its horrible, life altering effects. it is my duty to those who suffer daily from the disease.
I'm going to act like the ignorant dick of the piece and state my opinionsAlcoholism is not a ****ing disease. It kills millions of American's vbecause millions of American's don't have any kind of will power to stop themselves from drinking, so of course to make themselves feel better all of a sudden drinking becomes a 'disease' which they obviously have NOOO control over. Anyone who destroys his family because of alcohol is not a ****ing victim, hate to say it but alcoholism is a choice, there are millions of people who drink alcohol and are not 'alcoholics', the few who are have not got some overwhelming disease, they just like to drink and ignore the consequences of their actions, sure there may be mitigating circumstances that make this option seem more reasonable, but that doesn't in any way take away from the fact it's not a disease.The disease concept strips the substance abuser of responsibility. A disease cannot be cured by force of will, therefore, adding the medical label transfers the responsibility from the abuser to others. Inevitably they become unwilling victims, and inevitably they take on that role.It's ridiculous that you can even compare alcoholism to earthquake victims in China, ask yourself how many dead Chinese people are dead because they chose to go down to the store and buy a ****ing earthquake.
I'm going to act like the ignorant dick of the piece and state my opinionsAlcoholism is not a ****ing disease. It kills millions of American's vbecause millions of American's don't have any kind of will power to stop themselves from drinking, so of course to make themselves feel better all of a sudden drinking becomes a 'disease' which they obviously have NOOO control over. Anyone who destroys his family because of alcohol is not a ****ing victim, hate to say it but alcoholism is a choice, there are millions of people who drink alcohol and are not 'alcoholics', the few who are have not got some overwhelming disease, they just like to drink and ignore the consequences of their actions, sure there may be mitigating circumstances that make this option seem more reasonable, but that doesn't in any way take away from the fact it's not a disease.The disease concept strips the substance abuser of responsibility. A disease cannot be cured by force of will, therefore, adding the medical label transfers the responsibility from the abuser to others. Inevitably they become unwilling victims, and inevitably they take on that role.It's ridiculous that you can even compare alcoholism to earthquake victims in China, ask yourself how many dead Chinese people are dead because they chose to go down to the store and buy a ****ing earthquake.
I am sorry but it is pretty obvious that you and your entire country are in complete denial about how sick you truly are with this disease. I don't blame you, because it actually is a disease and has taken over your and your countrymen's minds and lives, but I do wish you luck in treating yourselves because with that, we all win. did you know that in england, an alcoholic murders his family on average once a week? I don't think that is something to be taken lightly, or to try to look for someone to place the blame on. and what do you mean a disease cannot be cured by force of will? apparently you do not know very much about science. look at magic johnson. he cured his aides just through meditation and exercise. I'd say that counts pretty handily.and I also do not appreciate you making light of the dead chinamen. I am tempted to report you to a moderator for that insensitivity, but I am not that kind of person.
[1]I am sorry but it is pretty obvious that you and your entire country are in complete denial about how sick you truly are with this disease. [2] I don't blame you, because it actually is a disease and has taken over your and your countrymen's minds and lives, but I do wish you luck in treating yourselves because with that, we all win. [3] did you know that in england, an alcoholic murders his family on average once a week? [4]I don't think that is something to be taken lightly, or to try to look for someone to place the blame on. [5] and what do you mean a disease cannot be cured by force of will? [6] apparently you do not know very much about science. [7] look at magic johnson. he cured his aides just through meditation and exercise. I'd say that counts pretty handily.and I also do not appreciate you making light of the dead chinamen. I am tempted to report you to a moderator for that insensitivity, but I am not that kind of person.
What? You're attacking my country now are you? That's not something that should be taken lightly and i am tempted to report you to a moderator for that downright sensitivity.1. My country does not come into this, at all, how you can call it pretty obvious that my country is in complete denial about this is beyond me. I am not in denial about how sick 'we are', because it is not a ****ing sickness, if the country of Britain is infact wrapt with alcoholism it is because it's citizens like to drink a lot of alcohol, not because they are in any way 'sick'.2. You're an idiot3. By your logic, this person is absolved of all blame because he has a terrible sickness that he is not responsible for. This is not the case, and alcoholic murders his family one average once a week because he is a pathetic waste of a human life.4. The person i'm placing the blame on is the alcoholic himself, and too an extent mitigating circumstances in his enviroment, though I do not take those factors very highly.5. I did not say a disease cannot be cured by force of will, you made that up yourself, and FWIW that is a very complicated issue in which most likely you are overestimating the part 'will power' plays in curing a disease.6. Apparently, you're an idiot7. My suspicions are confirmed. Magic Johnson never had AIDs you moron, he was diagnosed with the HIV infection that did no progress to the AIDs virus, he is termed a 'non-progressor'. There are many people who live with HIV but are perfectly normal as it is kept under control by their immune systems. The reason Magic's HIV did not progress is because he takes regular medication. The fact he does not have AIDs is not because he meditated, the fact you believe shows you are both a massive tool and drastically mis informed.I feel kind of stupid writing all of this as i'm guessing from the standard of your posting that you're a huge troll/

...you search Amazon.com for Hangover Remedy books...you sneer at the pot smoking hippies because all they are doing is mesing up their heads with that dope shit. Don't they know it's illegal?

That doesn't make you an alcoholic, it makes you a dumbass.
Yeah, I've never "intentionally" done this, but I know many people who have.
well done Sheiky.Alcoholism is not a disease, its a function of being stupid and weak.Cancer is a disease, you don't have a choice.
I agree, Alcoholism at face value doesn't really seem like it should be a disease. It'd be more "correct" imo to call it a condition or something to that effect. Having seen it first hand, I can see that drinking becomes somewhat out of the person's control. For some, it may be a lack of discipline and self-control, but for many others, it's much more than that.back to the thread...... when you don't remember how you got where you woke up.

... when you wake up and log into stars' cashier to see if you went busto last night... every.... single .... morning( and by morning i mean afternoon.)

... when you don't remember how you got where you woke up in a pile of dead soldiers.
FYP :)Also, Sheiky, you are 100% correct, it is not a disease. I choose to drink just as I choose to smoke just as I choose to play poker.Lack of willpower is not a disease, it is a weakness that can be overcome.Damn... knowing it's my fault for drinking is depressing me... I need a beer to cheer me up :club:
I am sorry but it is pretty obvious that you and your entire country are in complete denial about how sick you truly are with this disease. I don't blame you, because it actually is a disease and has taken over your and your countrymen's minds and lives, but I do wish you luck in treating yourselves because with that, we all win. did you know that in england, an alcoholic murders his family on average once a week? I don't think that is something to be taken lightly, or to try to look for someone to place the blame on. and what do you mean a disease cannot be cured by force of will? apparently you do not know very much about science. look at magic johnson. he cured his aides just through meditation and exercise. I'd say that counts pretty handily.and I also do not appreciate you making light of the dead chinamen. I am tempted to report you to a moderator for that insensitivity, but I am not that kind of person.
Somebody should stop that guy.

Has anyone here thought that maybe alcoholism has affected this posters life in a very negative way, and he is offended that someone would make light of such a serious issue?

Has anyone here thought that maybe alcoholism has affected the OP's life in a very negative way, and he is offended that someone would be a complete pansy about it?
FYP
Has anyone here thought that maybe alcoholism has affected this posters life in a very negative way, and he is offended that someone would make light of such a serious issue?
YES.Have you ever thought it might have affected one of us who are being critical in some way?

They reject your blood donation because the sample had a head on it.EDIT: Oh yeah, the best depiction of alcoholism ever:http://www.southparkzone.com/episodes/914/Bloody-Mary.html"Daddy's very sick"

INSENSITIVITY ABOUNDS
Damn you. I was just going to post that we need to combine this thread with the CAPS LOCK ONLY thread, and there you are, ruining my post and day. Thanks a lot jackass.
and what do you mean a disease cannot be cured by force of will? apparently you do not know very much about science. look at magic johnson. he cured his aides just through meditation and exercise. I'd say that counts pretty handily.
7. My suspicions are confirmed. Magic Johnson never had AIDs you moron, he was diagnosed with the HIV infection that did no progress to the AIDs virus, he is termed a 'non-progressor'. There are many people who live with HIV but are perfectly normal as it is kept under control by their immune systems. The reason Magic's HIV did not progress is because he takes regular medication. The fact he does not have AIDs is not because he meditated, the fact you believe shows you are both a massive tool and drastically mis informed.
Rich people generally don't die from AIDS very quickly. I wonder why that is? :ts
Somebody should stop that guy.
:club: Classic!