• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's better than me at poker.
QFT (edit: sorry, I meant this as better then most)And better then most high limit players since after the fish Steve Haris left he was the only one that was not sitting out and ready to play anyone.Genius28's comment to him after Haris left - No thanks, don't feel like dropping 300k to you today. (or something like that)
QFT (edit: sorry, I meant this as better then most)And better then most high limit players since after the fish Steve Haris left he was the only one that was not sitting out and ready to play anyone.Genius28's comment to him after Haris left - No thanks, don't feel like dropping 300k to you today. (or something like that)
was that on stars? If so, what's his screen name on stars?Edit: As for durrr, there's no doubt he's a skilled player. However I don't like the guy especially. He doesn't seem to be a likeable guy to me.

He's not cocky, he's just really confident. Not a lot of people can really tell the difference. He rubbed some people the wrong way on NBC HU champ when he told Phil they can play whenever they want for as much as he wants. It's not really cockiness he's just saying if you really think I'm that bad, then let's play. I think he was honestly looking for a money making opportunity more than trying to prove anything, which is what makes him one of the best.

I like him really. I think he's a little geeky and lacks social skills, probably because he is young and hasn't really had the chance to develop socially as much as most people as he spends a lot of his time on a computer. Compared with players who love to be on TV like Hellmuth he's going to come across as a little strange sometimes.

I like him really. I think he's a little geeky and lacks social skills, probably because he is young and hasn't really had the chance to develop socially as much as most people as he spends a lot of his time on a computer. Compared with players who love to be on TV like Hellmuth he's going to come across as a little strange sometimes.
Shut up, Doug.

I like him.He got heat for the NBC HU, but most of the people giving him stick didn't know him before this. He was not arrogant or cocky. Hes an extremely successfull and well respected high stakes heads up player. He had to sit there while Helmuth criticised his play to the whole room, making a spectacle, and say nothing? I think not.Would you just sit there quietly while some guy you could beat pretty convincingly heads up, is attacking your heads up play to the whole room and tv cameras.

just found the heads up vid with helmuth
I missed this on NBC. That did not seem cocky at all. He was actually pretty gracious til PH ripped him.I think Dwan would slap him around if they played heads up, especially if it was cash and not SNG style.

I think it would be fun to watch. And yeah, I never saw this before either - missed it on tv. I would have a real hard time keeping my cool while getting berated by Phil - and ISAP. I like the challenge.Has he taken him up on any matches yet?

lol at this comment on the vid:"Durrr is a very poor player texas holdem holdem player, hellmuths limp makes it obvious hes got aces or kings so durrr should have checked because he was out of position too, when helmuth raises him he should fold, people only reraise with QQ KK AA or AK so he should fold pocket tens, stupid play "
lol at this comment on the vid:"Durrr is a very poor player texas holdem holdem player, hellmuths limp makes it obvious hes got aces or kings so durrr should have checked because he was out of position too, when helmuth raises him he should fold, people only reraise with QQ KK AA or AK so he should fold pocket tens, stupid play "
Well Durrrrrrrr!!

I agree with what others said.There is a world of difference between cockiness and confidence.He is an exceptional poker player- one of the very best on planet earth- and it doesn't come as a shock to him.Durrr is confidence. Jamie Gold after his ME win was cockiness. Hellmuth is overcompensating due to his own personal insecurities.

lol...i had no opinion of the guy since I don't know him, but I thought he handled the situation in the video about as well as he could. It's funny, because bad play or not, I know the suckout hurts and sucks, but you want the 10's played that way EVERYTIME when you have AA. That's one thing about Hellmuth, is his rants are 100% results oriented.