I knon nothing of this reboot you speak of.
It was handed down to Kring from the execs at NBC they needed to tighten up storylines, clean up the writing and go back to what made them successful in season one. They brought back Bryan Fuller to help do writing (started on episode 20 this season, which airs in 2 weeks) after his stint on Pushing Daisies ended.Expect to see a noticeable change next episode. Only bad part is there are only two more episodes left this season for him to do anything with.
  • Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was handed down to Kring from the execs at NBC they needed to tighten up storylines, clean up the writing and go back to what made them successful in season one. They brought back Bryan Fuller to help do writing (started on episode 20 this season, which airs in 2 weeks) after his stint on Pushing Daisies ended.Expect to see a noticeable change next episode. Only bad part is there are only two more episodes left this season for him to do anything with.
see this is what I am talking about miss you not giving us all these little tidbits.
Just because he did it before doesn't mean he has to do it now.
yeah, I'm just not buying it as part of his character. He hates his dad, wants him dead. His dad is going to die, either way, so why not kill him and take his powers? why let his powers go to waste? Because he wants his dad to die a slow death? Seems unlikely.
yeah, I'm just not buying it as part of his character. He hates his dad, wants him dead. His dad is going to die, either way, so why not kill him and take his powers? why let his powers go to waste? Because he wants his dad to die a slow death? Seems unlikely.
Because he can already take powers, he doesn't need another way to do it. And his dad suffers more if he just lets him die from cancer. Seemed pretty clear for me.
They had the same basic power. I'm not sure he can steal stolen powers though they made it look like his dad thought he could wanting to try and take the healing ability.Either way, the whole point of his confrontation with his dad is what should I do with my life, he hears it from his dad, decides he is right and leaves his dad to waste away. For a guy that understands the depth of the Watchmen I don't see how you missed such a simple character development moment.
They had the same basic power. I'm not sure he can steal stolen powers though they made it look like his dad thought he could wanting to try and take the healing ability.Either way, the whole point of his confrontation with his dad is what should I do with my life, he hears it from his dad, decides he is right and leaves his dad to waste away. For a guy that understands the depth of the Watchmen I don't see how you missed such a simple character development moment.
I'm not saying I missed it, I said I'm not buying it.
Because dad's power was to whistle and wave his fingers at thing to make them freeze.That's too ghey even for sylar
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I really, really enjoyed this last episode. I think Jadaki mentioned that the original writers or directors had taken over at some point, was this it? Because the storyline seemed to carry on much differently.And as I suspected Rebel is

Micah....

I liked this episode a lot. There were a couple WTF moments, but still solid.

When did Micah meat Tracy Strauss? I don't remember them meeting at allAlso, what was with killing off speed girl again? Just so that she and Matt could have a fond farewell?I guess Hiro can now freeze time for a much longer period of time - how convenient..

When did Micah meat Tracy Strauss? I don't remember them meeting at allAlso, what was with killing off speed girl again? Just so that she and Matt could have a fond farewell?I guess Hiro can now freeze time for a much longer period of time - how convenient..

I think it was from just seeing her on TV.I thought they were supposed to get married. Haven't like all the prophecies for the most part come true?

Also, what was with killing off speed girl again? Just so that she and Matt could have a fond farewell?

It was because her character sucked and the girl that played her is a bad actor. And she's cross-eyed. Well, that's my opinion. That episode was pretty good, and the main reason was NO CLAIRE. It didn't even need Sylar to be interesting. That's how powerful the lack of Claire in an episode can be.

I think it was from just seeing her on TV.I thought they were supposed to get married. Haven't like all the prophecies for the most part come true?

That was in an alternate timeline which never happened (e.g. Sylar will not be a happy homemaker). I'm pretty sure that every painting's prediction whether done by Isaac, the guy in the desert or Matt has come true however.
I liked this episode a lot. There were a couple WTF moments, but still solid.
Anyone else finding that there are way more WTF moments than there used to be? I'm having a hell of a time trying to keep the storylines and connections straight in my little brain.As for the Micah/Tracy thing, she knew him by name so there is definitely some sort of previous relationship there. And did they ever explain what happened to his mother?Also, how far does Hiro's time-freezing ability extend? He froze time for the 12 miles he pushed what's-his-name in the wheelbarrow, but it didn't affect anyone else in the show.
That was in an alternate timeline which never happened (e.g. Sylar will not be a happy homemaker). I'm pretty sure that every painting's prediction whether done by Isaac, the guy in the desert or Matt has come true however.
That's why, I thought it was a painting. Guess I'm wrong.
Also, how far does Hiro's time-freezing ability extend? He froze time for the 12 miles he pushed what's-his-name in the wheelbarrow, but it didn't affect anyone else in the show.
That's not necessarily true. The show's time line is not linear in a shot for shot basis.

Micah met Tracy at his mom's funeral.I thought it was a good episode, I wish they would film better special effects though. In the previews the ice scene at the end looked sweet, but in the show they just fade to dark, show a flash, and everything around Tracy is ice(all the agents) except the water close to Micah which is slowly moving ice so he can slip away. I want to see slowmo, 360 camera rotating, ice freezing coolness goddamit!

Micah met Tracy at his mom's funeral.I thought it was a good episode, I wish they would film better special effects though. In the previews the ice scene at the end looked sweet, but in the show they just fade to dark, show a flash, and everything around Tracy is ice(all the agents) except the water close to Micah which is slowly moving ice so he can slip away. I want to see slowmo, 360 camera rotating, ice freezing coolness goddamit!
Anyone else think Tracy's not dead? Didn't they show like a sewer or something and she was like melting/crumbling into it. I mean, I just don't see how you can be killed by your own powers. I mean, Hiro uses his powers to stop time, but he's like the only one that is not stopped in time. The girl with the black eyes who would kill everyone around her didn't die. The only chacter that died by his own powers was that vortex/blackhole guy, but he jumped in willingly, he wasn't sucked in.
Anyone else think Tracy's not dead? Didn't they show like a sewer or something and she was like melting/crumbling into it. I mean, I just don't see how you can be killed by your own powers. I mean, Hiro uses his powers to stop time, but he's like the only one that is not stopped in time. The girl with the black eyes who would kill everyone around her didn't die. The only chacter that died by his own powers was that vortex/blackhole guy, but he jumped in willingly, he wasn't sucked in.
I don't think she's dead because you saw her eyes looking around while she was "crumbled". Same reason why Claire's Mom can't be killed by fire I suppose.
I don't think she's dead because you saw her eyes looking around while she was "crumbled". Same reason why Claire's Mom can't be killed by fire I suppose.
When I watched the close up live I couldn't make out her eyes. I figured they were zooming in to show she wasn't dead but I didn't pick up on anything.Agree this was a good episode. As hot as she is, Claireless is much better.Great call by someone on here about Micah being the hacker, once I heard it it definitely made sense.Micah definitely aged over the past year as he looks a lot older.

Her eye blinked when she was broken and just her face was laying there frozen. Don't really care if she is alive or dead... I do like the character of Tracy better than Nikki or the other spin offs she played that look alike.I thought it was pretty obvious that Rebel would be Micah if it was a character we already knew. Introducing another key character seems to go against the idea if trimming the fat on the show so it makes sense. Though I wonder who Ms Petrelli was getting money from.I had three small problems this episode.1. How and what do Noah and Ms Petrelli know about Micah, and how were they planning on using him.2. When Peter rescues his mom in the elevator, we have been told that he gets the power of the last person he touches... well his mom has a power and it sure as hell isn't flying.3. Hiro's power, while limited is still ridiculously overpowered and we are getting little in the way of explanations of why he is so limited in power usage. It's like the writers don't want to leave his powers out there all full blown but they don't want to kill him off because he is the shows comic relief. Please figure out what to do with him.

Her eye blinked when she was broken and just her face was laying there frozen. Don't really care if she is alive or dead... I do like the character of Tracy better than Nikki or the other spin offs she played that look alike.
Yeah I did notice her eye blinking either way I agree much less irritating than nikki.
2. When Peter rescues his mom in the elevator, we have been told that he gets the power of the last person he touches... well his mom has a power and it sure as hell isn't flying.
It seem like he has to touch someone with the intent of taking their power. So he could touch his mom but still hold on to Nathan's power.I agree awesome episode one of the best ever I think. Yeah Micah totally aged in a matter of a year or so.
1. How and what do Noah and Ms Petrelli know about Micah, and how were they planning on using him.2. When Peter rescues his mom in the elevator, we have been told that he gets the power of the last person he touches... well his mom has a power and it sure as hell isn't flying.3. Hiro's power, while limited is still ridiculously overpowered and we are getting little in the way of explanations of why he is so limited in power usage. It's like the writers don't want to leave his powers out there all full blown but they don't want to kill him off because he is the shows comic relief. Please figure out what to do with him.
For # 2 Peter can touch anyone with a power but that doesn't mean he takes the power. He can control if he uses their power or not. He has touched other heroes before and not taken their power.