Wrong To Do This In A Home Game?

Up front I'm not saying I played this hand wellthis is a sort of friendly 1-2 NL home game - but people are often dropping over a grand - so decide for yourself how friendly it isI was in the small blind utg raises to 15 dollars and about five people call in front of me I called with Q2 of diamonds which probably wasn't brilliant I can fold trip Q's if I'm beat and there is a lot of clueless money at the tableflop was Ace high with two diamondsoriginal raiser checks - guy one of the button bets 40 dollars which i'm pretty sure is a stealI call and another guy callsturn was a blankI decided to semi - bluff for 75 which was probably not enoughthe flat caller callsthe flop better goes all in for 40 more - we both callHere's where it gets ugly The river is the 2 of clubs - I now have a pair of twoswhen the river hit - the guy who went all in and was standing up ready to leave made a disgusted sound and tossed of cards - not in the much but away from himso figuring that my two's beat the all in - I went all in for 110 morethe other guy in the pot foldsbut of course even though the dry side guy said he had nothing - I have to show my pair of twoswhich of course enrages the guy who folded and some others at the table who seem to think it's a tourney or I broke some unwritten law of poker etiquetteany thoughts?

You shouldn't bluff a dry side pot.You weren't bluffing here.
The sidepot player, called 40 and 115 before the river. Not such a dry board, could easily have some sort of pair.I liked it, and have no idea why your friends are trying to say you did something wrong.
The sidepot player, called 40 and 115 before the river. Not such a dry board, could easily have some sort of pair.I liked it, and have no idea why your friends are trying to say you did something wrong.
well the bluffed guy was just madthe others were saying that if say the dry side actually had say a pair of threes that my bluff gave the pot to the player who didn't deserve it
well the bluffed guy was just madthe others were saying that if say the dry side actually had say a pair of threes that my bluff gave the pot to the player who didn't deserve it
The only players who don't deserve a pot are the ones who fold the winning hand.This is what poker is all about as far as I'm concerned.
my bluff gave the pot to the player who didn't deserve it
Noone deserves any pot. If your opponent folded the winning hand that's his problem. He should have called.Your "bluff" gave you a better chance of winning the pot. If you had 6 high then your bet would be horrible. However you had a hand that could beat some of the allin player's range and you could fold out better hands.

You are fine. **** those other clowns and their ****ing stupid rules they made up on the spot. You made a good play, getting the guy to fold which put you HU against the AI guy. Seems fine to me. **** 'em.

since it is a cash game i don't think the check down to elimanate someone applys. cash game is everyman for him self. IMO

And it's overused in tournaments also.
QFT. I "bluff" into dry sidepots somewhat frequently in tournaments if I have a mediocre hand that has a decent shot of beating the all-in player. I want the chips.
Yeah, all day long in cash games and tournaments if it makes sense - unless it's a SNG and I'm on the bubble.
In sngs, this is really the only time you can ever be pissed. There is nothing worse than guys not checking down on the bubble. If this happens, I root for the shorty and comment something like "Nice Isolation Loser" if he loses.Your play, nothing wrong with it.
And it's overused in tournaments also.
its absolutely retarded in tournaments. It pisses me off so much when people think that I is teh retard for betting at a side pot.
You are fine. **** those other clowns and their ****ing stupid rules they made up on the spot. You made a good play, getting the guy to fold which put you HU against the AI guy. Seems fine to me. **** 'em.
Get angry.
the so-called rule of not bluffing a dry side pot does not apply anywhere.
FYP
its absolutely retarded in tournaments. It makes me happy that people are so stupid they can't understand why, and that stupidity is part of the reason I am a winning MTT player
FYP
In sngs, this is really the only time you can ever be pissed. There is nothing worse than guys not checking down on the bubble. If this happens, I root for the shorty and comment something like "Nice Isolation Loser" if he loses.Your play, nothing wrong with it.
Ok, question, if I am the big stack in an SNG is it wrong to bluff into a side pot with the shortstack all in? I've done this a few times. My reason for doing so is to keep the shorstack in the game and to keep collecting chips from the other 2 remaining players. Most of the the time the other players are "scared" to bubble, so I use it to my advantage and push everyone around.
Ok, question, if I am the big stack in an SNG is it wrong to bluff into a side pot with the shortstack all in? I've done this a few times. My reason for doing so is to keep the shorstack in the game and to keep collecting chips from the other 2 remaining players. Most of the the time the other players are "scared" to bubble, so I use it to my advantage and push everyone around.
Agreed that there are situations where it makes sense but there's also situation where it doesn't make sense, for instance, 2 middle stacks with nowhere near the nuts, betting on the flop with middle pair or straight draws.
but of course even though the dry side guy said he had nothing - I have to show my pair of twoswhich of course enrages the guy who folded and some others at the table who seem to think it's a tourney or I broke some unwritten law of poker etiquetteany thoughts?
Bluffing at a dry side pot is only bad in tournaments where you are near some jump in the payout structure (the most obvious being the bubble). At a cash game, --especially in a hand where the allin guy all but gave away that he had nothing, you are simply trying to shut out a (probably) better marginal hand to make it to showdown with a random hand that you have a good chance in beating.
and Gallo yes its often a great idea to keep a sng 4 handed as long as possible
Ok, don't know if you're serious or not. I'm not saying as long as possible. But there have been times that I've had a dominant stack and kept the shorty in to the point where someone eventually had to say "fuck it"
Agreed that there are situations where it makes sense but there's also situation where it doesn't make sense, for instance, 2 middle stacks with nowhere near the nuts, betting on the flop with middle pair or straight draws.
There are a ton of those situations where it makes sense. When you get the other guy to fold he now has zero chance to win the pot, automatically increasing your odds of winning the pot.
Bluffing at a dry side pot is only bad in tournaments where you are near some jump in the payout structure (the most obvious being the bubble). At a cash game, --especially in a hand where the allin guy all but gave away that he had nothing, you are simply trying to shut out a (probably) better marginal hand to make it to showdown with a random hand that you have a good chance in beating.
It isn't bad then, it's the best time to do it.
this has got to be a level right??and Gallo yes its often a great idea to keep a sng 4 handed as long as possible
Sometimes the obvious play is the right one.
Depends on how big the blinds are. If they are releatively small then like Jeff said sometimes it makes sense. When the blinds get bigger though it could be a different story.