Battle Of The Planets

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else doin these?I have been in Uranus. (Just wanted to say that!)I have been playing the $60 Turbos. Through 15 SNGs I have 252 points. I have a shot at the top 15 for sure, just need to finish strong in these last 5 SNGs.Four of them, I have bubbled (literally 4th place), if not for those, I'd be top 15 already.Wish me luck later today.

Ugh...my best score is a 369 and thats not even in the top 100 on these. Yet I have 1170 points total after 80 SnGs. I cash around 11-13 out of every 20 I play...so if I win all the times I cash at least...I might have a fighting chance to get top 100 in low orbit and top 3 or 2 in high orbit. Hell, all I know is if I get 1st in the low orbit for my final block...I'll definately win the high orbit as well.

I ran so sick over my first 20 $60 turbos, got 6 1sts in my first 11 and bubbled twice, once qq<kk for monster lead. Still finished with 501 points and should be good enough for first this week if you go by last weeks standings. With 1 to go I had 462 pts and the top 2 in Uranus had 468 each so I played a 6 man $76 turbo and luckboxed the bubble then won. I played 3 more and went 1/3 winning one. I don't think there's any way I could make myself play 77 more even tho I'd pretty much be a lock for the top 10 in the high orbit. Sngs are so monotonous, and quite tilt inducing when you get sucked out on and bubble. I definitely tilted many players with my suckouts and winning my 60/40s AND 40/60s. I don't play sngs too often but I will say that this battle of the planets has prolly made the sng regs happy cuz there are sooo many bad players who somehow manage to occasionally win while running 60/27 instead of 11/9. Only play AA and KK till its 100/200 ppl! Then shove shove shove any 2. Yeh, I'm good in structures where you have to be ubernitty and then just shove it in lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Qualified for the 50k shootout with an 8th place finish in the venus bracket.I'm going to win the high block one of these days damnit.
glgl donk.
no, but the monthly freeroll looks pretty decent, only 220 entrants. prizepool of 50k.
yeah. I was only HU, as many others at the first round. However I felt I was a bit out of my game today and almost saved my ticket to the next month. Though, I didnt and faced a solid opponent. Didnt make any big errors really but he outplayed me and I was out without any $.

Curse these leaderboards. I've been cramming in $3.40 STT turbos to take my shot at the leaderboard and it's resulted in two things:1) my results have taken a hitand2) I'm now officially sick of the mind-numbing, pushbot $3.40 STT turbosThanks, Battle of the Planets, thank you very much.

Curse these leaderboards. I've been cramming in $3.40 STT turbos to take my shot at the leaderboard and it's resulted in two things:1) my results have taken a hitand2) I'm now officially sick of the mind-numbing, pushbot $3.40 STT turbosThanks, Battle of the Planets, thank you very much.
During the first week I had the same problem. I started 4 tabling the $1.75s to make a run at the high pass as well as the low, then ended up not making either and not doing nearly as well. The second week I single tabled the 18 player turbo $1.75s and came 25th on the low pass, but didn't play enough to qualify for the high pass. Still, since I got like $20 for my 25th place finish I was pleased.I think for the battle of planets it's better to play turbos because people play looser. Loose-passives are easier to play against than Tight-passives because they are so much easier to extract value from. I also think it's better to play MTTs just because there are more points up for grabs. I am also going to try single tabling/two tabling the $1.75s until I put together a nice score over 20 tournies and then 4 tabling them until I hit 100 after that.
During the first week I had the same problem. I started 4 tabling the $1.75s to make a run at the high pass as well as the low, then ended up not making either and not doing nearly as well. The second week I single tabled the 18 player turbo $1.75s and came 25th on the low pass, but didn't play enough to qualify for the high pass. Still, since I got like $20 for my 25th place finish I was pleased.
I don't have a whole lot of time to play, so I basically have to multi-table just to get my 20 in during the week. But I'm finding that chasing the leaderboard is doing the same thing for my interest in $3 turbos that the 45-turbo challenge did for my interest in that format: completely killing it.

That's it, I'm officially taking a break from turbo SnGs. Played a handful of $3.25 6-maxes tonight and couldn't do anything right. Card dead, push and run into a better hand, out. Card dead, push and run into a better hand, out. The pattern is starting to drive me up a friggin' wall. I'm just going to play PLO8 for a while.

• 8 months later...
anyone still compete in these?
I tried to get a BOP related prop bet going a week ago but didnt get any takers. I think it's kinda boring to play sng's nowdays but I pretty much have to play them to boost my bankroll again (damn I lost a bunch playing plo). If you have a fun idea to make it interesting I'd like to hear about it.

LOL... I moved up to the 6's and summarily got all my aces and kings cracked, lost to runner runner flush 6 times, got rivered by dominated hands 3 times, and accidentally kicked my dog. I haven't checked yet to see if the 7th held up through last night, but with the way I ran yesterday I bet I finished 11th.

If you are at a good position in a high orbit one ... does it make sense to switch to non-turbo's for the last few games to lower variance and maybe have a slightly higher win% or not?I haven't played a non-turbo in ages but at low enough stakes (Mars) I think the few regular/decent players only play turbo's so non-turbo's should be fairly easy?does that make sense?currently 1116 points after 70 games@$3.4 18 man (and a nice $150 profit) ... if the last 30 games are at the same average I would finish at ~1590 which is close to the top 10 spot and the fabled ticket to the freeroll :club:

• 2 months later...
FIRST IN THE MARS FOR THE WEEEEK HOLD ONE FUCKING TIME PLSSSS. So pissed though, I had 1640 with 12 left and ran like absoute shit, aka variance kicked in after a 500 and 480 low orbit
prob gonna disown you if you dont win