Battle Of The Planets

I've played two low orbits.. 250 and 381... playing nothing but 6 man turbos.. I think if I can average 275ish i can finish in the top 10 in the high block.. i just don't know if i can play 60 more tourneys..

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing the $1/18 SnGs for whatever reason to try and pwn the Mercury division. Didn't do too badly my first block, have 4 more to go with 244 points, only 2 of which were wins. I'll def be playing at least 2 more blocks, and possibly take a shot at the high orbit.
I was looking up the leader of the low orbit Mercury, JDrake22, and he has 611 points, which averages out to about 30 points per 20 SnG block. For 9-man SnGs, that's an average finish of slightly better than 2nd/SnG, and for 18-mans that's an average finish of 3rd/SnG. That's a pretty amazing pace over 20 SnGs.

WEEEE once I finish these two $3.40 18 persons, I'll officially be on the leader board for mars. Two 1sts might put me in contention for a high spot! weeeeeeeeep.s. screw the neg-o

Feel free to check out the leaderboard for this week, on the Mars section.Pwnsauce.
nice! 485? what did it take for that?I'm currently in my 2nd block of 20 in the $1.20 9p SNGs. I have 3 1sts and 2 2nds thru 10 tournies (184 pts)
nice! 485? what did it take for that?I'm currently in my 2nd block of 20 in the $1.20 9p SNGs. I have 3 1sts and 2 2nds thru 10 tournies (184 pts)
I had quite a few 1sts... people are so easily exploitable in these micro 2-table sngs... and bad. I might attempt to get on the leaderboard for the high orbit... I would consider putting together a strat guide for these sngs, but as much as I feel I have a good strategy for them, I definitely have some leaks. We'll see.

so I happen to be the leader in the high orbit ranking in the venus division at the moment:). it's so funny cause I havn't been running so good IMO. however wish me luck that I'll stay in 1st place at the end of the week

Anuses don't really have tops, though. Maybe if you had said you plan to dominate Uranus by tomorrow, that would have worked better.
damn, i should probably go see a doctor to figure out wtf is wrong with me

Hmmm...this is very tempting...very tempting indeed.looks like i might end my poker hiatus later tonight...Edit: And for the hell of it I might just 25 table $1 sngs

Well this pisses me off. played 16 of these bad boys, won 25% of them, 2nd either 3 or 4 times, and I think 1 3rd...only 276 points. I'd be lucky to even get in the top 100 for the 20 block.I think next week (no way I'm gonna get to 100 by sunday), I will 20 table these one day a week. By friday I should have around 100 done :club:. We'll see how I keep going. I actually thought I played pretty meh in a few of those tables (a couple of bubbles...should've won 1 or 2 more). But at least I'm on a 1725 pace (which would be 3rd place in the Mercury leaderboards)

Just finished my 100..1593.. 10th place..I hit such a bad run at around 20 left.. If I win just 1 of those hands where I'm 80/20 I'm locked in the top 10.. oh well that's poker..Edit: it says 1572 now and i've dropped to 14th.. wtf... how do i lose 20 points..

There's no way I'm gonna finish the high orbit... and I keep dropping down in the low obit for mars. Oh well, at least I'll still get a little bonus. I might try again next week.

I was hoping to get this week off to a good start at the $3.40 STT turbos but I seem to have developed a bad case of Coinflip Loss. A very annoying illness indeed. There's nothing I can take for that, is there?

Played 5 so far in the Uranus division. Got 2nd in an 18 man $60 turbo nlhe. Then fired up 2 $60 turbo nlhe and 2 $60 turbo plo/8 and got 2 1sts and 2 2nds. Plo/8 sngs so soft. If I can get a little over 400 points for my first twenty after already being more than halfway there, I'll be happy.I can't believe I might actually play 95 more of these. Gonna have to start 4 tabling. Hellooo boredom.

I was hoping to get this week off to a good start at the $3.40 STT turbos but I seem to have developed a bad case of Coinflip Loss. A very annoying illness indeed. There's nothing I can take for that, is there?
Maybe I should go to the poker hospital, my bad case of Coinflip Loss has turned into a full blown case of Bad Run.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)BB (t1700)UTG (t2360)MP (t980)CO (t7820)Button (t1135)Hero (t1005)Preflop: Hero is SB with Aspade.gif, Adiamond.gif. UTG raises to t600, 3 folds, Hero raises to t1005, 1 fold, UTG calls t405.Flop: (t2210) 7spade.gif, 9heart.gif, Tclub.gif(2 players)Turn: (t2210) Theart.gif(2 players)River: (t2210) 8heart.gif(2 players)Final Pot: t2210Results:UTG has Js Qh (straight, queen high). Hero has As Ad (two pair, aces and tens). Outcome: UTG wins t2210.

cool. I recieved $120 for my efforts! And a ticket to the TS. That was easy. And thank you pokerstars for launching this BOP thing. Just when I thought that there wasn't any room for more donks playing SNG's, you proved me wrong.

cool. I recieved $120 for my efforts! And a ticket to the TS. That was easy. And thank you pokerstars for launching this BOP thing. Just when I thought that there wasn't any room for more donks playing SNG's, you proved me wrong.
yeah, that was a great idea by mr. pokerstars. i feel like the sng's have fished up a little since this started.
yeah, that was a great idea by mr. pokerstars. i feel like the sng's have fished up a little since this started.
yeah! I mean, I made almost 1k in a week playing in the venus division ($5-$10) over approx 180 SNG's. I can 10-table and still beat the game (actually, at one time, I started 10 tables $6.60 6-max SNG's and I cashed in 7 of them. Placed 2nd four times and 1st three times). Brag post obv but hell! I'm on fire.