Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had the most amazing distribution of high pocket pairs playing two tables for about 50 hands each. It totally changed the way the table was playing against me. I must have looked like a super lag but at showdown, I didn't have very many winners. When I looked at my chip stacks, I had made like 4BB's which is awesome all things considered. I'm happy with the way I'm recognizing certain spots. My current style is totally exploitable but I don't know if anyone at my level will be able to take advantage of it.

editing all of this out until i decide what to do and what constitutes statistical "proof"pls do the same with quoted posts for a while. i'll be talking more about this once i have a weekend to really sit down with the stats. not that i haven't already, but yeah. i just want to get everything together all at once, and then i'll talk more about it with relevant screenshots.sorry if i got anyone all riled up, lol.

it's basically just a function of how much you really care about the manager watching you pee. i mean it's not like i have to let him touch me. we all get rakeback different was, and i don't really see why you think this is so 'unethical.'
I didn't say it was unethical. You're twisting my words. I'm really not trying to play morality police, I'm just saying that your girlfriend would be pissed as hell if she knew this was how it went down. I have no qualms about how a man stacks his paper, I just think that you're risking more of your personal life than you're gaining in benefits. Plus...even you have to admit it's a little gay.
woah, just sat down on checkys table before realising you were there. *leaves*looked like a good table too :|.
haha, i'm just proving to myself that i can still beat poker that's not rigged :club:
Because they only post the names of the people that cash on the LAPC site and not the names of everybody that enters I though I should scan and post these for everybody's peace of mind...receipts.jpg
I musta missed something but this was unnecessary imo.
I agree with Brad. Congrats Danny. I'd be more than happy to support a lot of you guys anytime you're willing to look to sell pieces of yourselves. It would be way more advantageous for me than playing with my own money.Also, I've had pneumonia bad for a week. Played for the first time last night on my new dual monitor setup and even though it's just a 22/19 setup, it's damn, damn sexy. I only played a couple of 4.40's because I didn't know how I'd feel for a few hours or so and I didn't want to invest any real significant money to my bankroll yesterday. So I final tabled and sixtupled my stars roll lol. Gonna probably play a good session tonight. Have a good day yall.
Dude....good run. Don't sweat it....gotta go for the win.....screw cashing.
So what happened? And agree with what Brad says.If you're still in this, good luck. :ts If not, then um, gg. :club:
Ugh...bad feelings. My first table was full of a lot of aggressive but mostly bad players, and during the first 3 levels I ran as bad as possible and was actually almost one of the first people out. I had the best hand going into the river and lost 4 times, and also had KK cracked, and at the first break I only had a single 500 chip with the next level being 150/300. After the break somehow I managed to double up a couple times and got a workable stack, and I worked it quite well. At one point had more than twice the average stack with about 18k when the average with 7.5. My 2nd table was an extremely tough table. At that table I had Kevin Song (has a bracelet in lhe and has won brazillions in tournaments), and Miami John Cernuto both directly to my left. Also at that table were a couple very aggressive older guys that I kinda recognized but I dont know their names, and also a young pro who's name I didn't get. I can honestly say that I was in control of that table, and Miami John won't forget me lol. I was raising more than anyone and winning more than anyone. I had about 4k when I was moved to that table and when it broke was when I had 18k. When that table broke I was happy to leave such a tough table even though I had been doing well. The next table I was back to players who were more on the bad side, but still aggressive...and that is when I started running like dogshit again. After being there for a little bit I still had a stack that was slightly above average but in one orbit I lost it all. I was dealt a lot of good starting hands but none of them worked out.I feel so bad to not cash in either one of these...I really feel like I let everybody down. I can't help but feel like I should have maybe played a little less aggressively and we all would have had a little bit of money.
Nah, don't worry about it. Always play YOUR game no matter what.

Trying to run $45 on FTOP into $216 for the FTOPs 6m LHE event in 3 days playing 2/4. Up to $178 after 200 hands...lol @ how passive everyone is. I'm getting so much respect it's unbelievable....maybe I just chose a couple of good tables as everyone seems to be playing 50/15 and foldng to 50+% of c bets - even in 3 bet pots.

Trying to run $45 on FTOP into $216 for the FTOPs 6m LHE event in 3 days playing 2/4. Up to $178 after 200 hands...lol @ how passive everyone is. I'm getting so much respect it's unbelievable....maybe I just chose a couple of good tables as everyone seems to be playing 50/15 and foldng to 50+% of c bets - even in 3 bet pots.
I've noticed a big change in style when playing 1/2 and 2/4. In 1/2 people are calling stations and way more laggy and at 2/4 they are the nittiest of nits. I think most are probably playing with their whole BR at 2/4 sometimes and don't want to lose anything.
Yeah I know it probably was, but this is the internets and bad things have happened on them before, and like when somebody buys a piece of somebody in an online tourney or a major live tourney the results are easily available.
I just had the most amazing distribution of high pocket pairs playing two tables for about 50 hands each. It totally changed the way the table was playing against me. I must have looked like a super lag but at showdown, I didn't have very many winners. When I looked at my chip stacks, I had made like 4BB's which is awesome all things considered. I'm happy with the way I'm recognizing certain spots. My current style is totally exploitable but I don't know if anyone at my level will be able to take advantage of it.
i remember when i started realzing ways in which i could be exploited. it was one of those really nice poker ephiani moments. if you regonize how you can be exploited you can regonize when somebody is taking advantage of it. what is really great about this is that the adjustment they made to exploit you is usually exploitable.
Speaking of the 6m LHE FTOP event, if anybody here wants to play in that but doesn't have money on FTP I'm still looking to move a little bit of money from FTP to Stars so I could help a couple people out.

I won a super bowl bet and the dude paid me with FTP money. I don't play there and when I get any money on there, I pretty much put it on the table. I was bored at work and decided I'd try to run good. Buying in for 20BB's at SHLHE is kind of dumb and my plan to run good didn't exactly work out. Not having PT and PAHud kind of sucks, but it was one table and wasn't too bad. Losing 1/2 my money on there just means I have to buy in for 10BB's tomorrow.