Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

MoHoward: http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

MP is aggressive, but I don't know a ton about him. Preflop: Hero is BB with 4spade.gif, 7spade.gif1 fold, MP raises, 3 folds, Hero callsThat was a slightly loose defense, but I'd folded my last bb, it was closeish for me, and I didn't want to start a precedent. Flop: (4.5 SB) 10spade.gif, 6club.gif, 9spade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP bets, Hero raises, MP 3-bets, Hero caps, MP callsTT+,9d9h,9d9s,9h9s,8c8h,8d8h,8h8s,77-66,AcKc,AsKs,AcQc,AsQs,AsJs,ATs,Ac9c,Ah9h,As9s,Ac8c,Ah8h,As8s,Ac7c,As7s,Ac6c,Ah6h,As6s,As5s,As4s,A3s,As2s,KcQc,KsQs,KsJs,KTs,Kc9c,Ks9s,Ks8s,QTs+,Qs9s,J8s+,T9s,AsKc,AQo,ATo,Ac9d,Ac9h,Ac9s,Ad9h,Ad9s,Ah9s,KTo,QdJc,QhJc,QhJd,QhJs,QsJc,QsJd,QsJh,QTo,JTo (55.113%) vs.7s4s (44.887%)Tell me why jam/lead is not good. (Sorry that looks messy; you really don't need to even look at his range; I took out combos basically for weighting, and figured I'd show my work, even thought this is a pretty standard spot.)
I really like this hand for analysis. I'm interested in hearing other comments.
I've never been too sure about spots like this. Make an argument for why I should bet this flop, or do something other than fold the turn here.Full Tilt Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is CO with K :3h, Q :club:UTG calls, 3 folds, Hero raises, 1 fold, SB calls, 1 fold, UTG callsFlop: (7 SB) J :club:, 6 :ts, A :4h(3 players)SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks??Turn: (3.5 BB) 2 :5c(3 players)SB bets, 1 fold, Hero foldsTotal pot: $3.50 (3.5 BB) | Rake: $0.15
bet that flop 10000% of the time. It's about the best flop you could hope for without improving.
I have some good news..........I got promoted today. I am now the Regional Vice President for the Eastern United States. I will have 3 guys doing what I used to do working under me. I will have approximately 150 Wingstops now, with each of my guys having around 50 each. Only bad news is that I will be moving to Dallas come this summer. Not that it is really bad overall but we have some roots here now and it really affects D (wife) and Sky(11 year old daughter) more than me as they are the ones that are always here. (hence why I asked NakedCowboy where he lives)No idea on a raise yet but was told I'd be taken care of, so we will see. Should be good as it is a promotion, not just a raise.Overall, very happy about it as it is what I have worked for all of my career.I now have Oklahoma (OKC) and Arizona (PHX) and ILL (Chicago) as part of my areas, as well as Dallas/El Paso, ARK, St Louis, KansasFor those that don't know...I already cover 15 states already on the east coast.
This is awesome! Dallas sucks balls but a vertical move can't be a bad thing. I ate at WingStop in Vegas with Allie last month and returned twice by myself. good shit
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some good news..........I got promoted today. I am now the Regional Vice President for the Eastern United States. I will have 3 guys doing what I used to do working under me. I will have approximately 150 Wingstops now, with each of my guys having around 50 each. Only bad news is that I will be moving to Dallas come this summer. Not that it is really bad overall but we have some roots here now and it really affects D (wife) and Sky(11 year old daughter) more than me as they are the ones that are always here. (hence why I asked NakedCowboy where he lives)No idea on a raise yet but was told I'd be taken care of, so we will see. Should be good as it is a promotion, not just a raise.Overall, very happy about it as it is what I have worked for all of my career.I now have Oklahoma (OKC) and Arizona (PHX) and ILL (Chicago) as part of my areas, as well as Dallas/El Paso, ARK, St Louis, KansasFor those that don't know...I already cover 15 states already on the east coast.
Congrats! There's a Wingstop about 15 minutes from me in Moreno Valley, CA. Can I manage it?Also we need to finish our HU match sometime. lol
Simple, with the size of the pot, I think: I c/r turn. If he calls, I lead any river. If he 3-bets the turn c/r, I call, and c/r if I make my straight, and probably lead most of the flush cards, and c/f if I miss.
i didn't read this before i made my post, but i like this. its good to go crazy in places where its not a big mistake to look like a maniac.
Dink, you running OK? You've been OOC w/r/t board presence for a few days, amid what seemed like a nasty downswing. You're not hitting the bottle too hard or anything, right?
Just taking a bit of a break. I'm sort of staying off my computer for a few days and just relaxing. I'm fine, though; not busto or depressed or drinking heavily so no worries. :club: On the KQ hand- cbet the flop 100%, peel if you get raised and play form there.On the 47s hand, I'll get into more later, but if you're semibluffing, you're firing all 3 barrels. You should also be balancing by playing your top pairs, sets, two pairs all fast on the flop. That's also usually the best way to get action on these drawy boards anyway.I'll have to look at the rest, but I want to be clear that I love Bob's post even if I was disagreeing on the preflop part. I think the hand was an excellent one for discussion and I like Bob's thought processes on it.Edit- Congrats Brad!
I'll have to look at the rest, but I want to be clear that I love Bob's post even if I was disagreeing on the preflop part. I think the hand was an excellent one for discussion and I like Bob's thought processes on it.
I really like Bob's game, I think. I consider myself really aggressive, but I think we probably have pretty similar stats.
Preflop: Hero is Button with 4club.gif, 4heart.gif4 folds, MP3 raises, 1 fold, Hero calls, 1 fold, BB callsFlop: (6.4 SB) 3club.gif, 3heart.gif, 3diamond.gif(3 players)BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets, BB calls, MP3 callsTurn: (4.7 BB) 10diamond.gif(3 players)BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets, 1 fold, MP3 callsRiver: (6.7 BB) 6spade.gif(2 players)MP3 bets, Hero calls
I think this is probably a fold preflop. The rest is fine. Folding the river here is not really something I could do given pot size and possibility that he was a complete idiot anyway, but as preflop raiser, what makes sense here? A6 doesn't really even seem like that plausible an open at FR, and it's the only real hand that even remotely makes sense. Call. Hell, a value-raise/fold is much better than folding, in my opinion.

i really don't like this game much lately. it's something new every day--today's flavor is the one hand of HU all in and bolt, to which i'm stuck 35BB. hovering around even in spite of that. sigh.44 is a fold pf, imo.

Yep. Fold the 44 preflop. It's closer to a 3 bet than a call imo. It just doesn't play well postflop without the initiative and we don't have implied odds to make up for all the times we fail to realize the full equity of the hand.And I like Bob's game as well Dutch, but it has nothing to do with his style/stats. He thinks about the best way to play every hand and make every decision. He doesn't go on autopilot or make plays just because it's the "standard" way of doing things. It should be an example everyone strives to follow. Focus on every single decision and maximize your value on every hand you play.

And I like Bob's game as well Dutch, but it has nothing to do with his style/stats. He thinks about the best way to play every hand and make every decision. He doesn't go on autopilot or make plays just because it's the "standard" way of doing things. It should be an example everyone strives to follow. Focus on every single decision and maximize your value on every hand you play.
Oh, sure, I agree. Just sayin'.
Yep. Fold the 44 preflop. It's closer to a 3 bet than a call imo. It just doesn't play well postflop without the initiative and we don't have implied odds to make up for all the times we fail to realize the full equity of the hand.
yes, this, too.question concerning spots that seem to be costing me money lately: i have 77 utg at 6max and raise. a lagtard utg+1 3bets, and two super loose passive idiots call in the blinds. both of the blind idiots will peel pretty much any flop for any number of bets but play semi-normally thereafter. the hero calls and we see a flop 4 ways.now, four sorts of flop textures:1. A45.2. 348.3. 225.4. Q103.remember that we have position on the passivetards but the lag is to our left. let's discuss some general approaches to each of those flop textures considering our relative position. i won't give my thoughts till after others say a few things, because i feel like i'm making some mistakes on some but not on others.
Oh, sure, I agree. Just sayin'.
Yeah that started out being a response to you, but it kind of just morphed into me rambling in general. I sort of just like Bob.
Yep. Fold the 44 preflop. It's closer to a 3 bet than a call imo. It just doesn't play well postflop without the initiative and we don't have implied odds to make up for all the times we fail to realize the full equity of the hand.And I like Bob's game as well Dutch, but it has nothing to do with his style/stats. He thinks about the best way to play every hand and make every decision. He doesn't go on autopilot or make plays just because it's the "standard" way of doing things. It should be an example everyone strives to follow. Focus on every single decision and maximize your value on every hand you play.
I like this point a lot. I think auto-piloting is a common fault of the online multi-tabler. I know that I've fallen into the auto-pilot trap myself on many many occaisions. Though, I honestly can't remember a single live poker LHE hand where I've done it. I think that slowing down the game is very beneficial.

as to the autopiloting thing:i've been worried about that myself lately, and implemented a fix that i recommend to my students but don't do enough myself: forcing myself to take one full breath before making EVERY decision that's not a preflop fold.

any value in river betting here? this is another checkup i'd like to make. everyone else in the hand is about a 50/10/35%er. if not, what rivers other than a 7, 8, or 10 am i betting here?Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $3/$65 playersConverterPre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with 7 :3h 7 :club: UTG folds, Hero raises, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.Flop: 8 :ts 4 :4h 3 :qh (8SB, 4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.Turn: T :5c (6BB, 4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.River: 9 :D (9BB, 3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.Results:Final pot: 9BBSB Shows 3s AsHero Shows 7c 7d

ruined another good day by dropping 40BB to a 30/60 player who dropped down to nutbar. he berserked any piece all four streets and obviously won 9/10 showdowns vs. me, 8 of them on the river. here are some of the good ones:Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $3/$64 playersConverterPre-flop: (4 players) Hero is SB with A :club: A :3h UTG folds, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, Button caps, Hero calls.Flop: 4 :qh 6 :club: Q :D (9SB, 2 players)Hero checks, Button checks.Turn: 9 :D (4.5BB, 2 players)Hero bets, Button calls.River: 9 :ts (6.5BB, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets, Hero raises, Button calls.Results:Final pot: 10.5BBHero Shows Ad AsButton Shows Kc 9cAbsolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $3/$65 playersConverterPre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with K :4h K :(UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, 2 folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.Flop: J :5c 6 :D 8 :D (13.67SB, 3 players)UTG checks, Hero bets, Button raises, UTG calls, Hero calls.Turn: 2 :jh (9.83BB, 3 players)UTG checks, Hero bets, Button calls, UTG calls.River: 6 :club: (12.83BB, 3 players)UTG checks, Hero bets, Button calls all-in $2.65, UTG raises, Hero calls.Results:Final pot: 17.28BBUTG Shows 10h 6hHero mucks Kd Kcback to even again., still fucking hating the world.

While we're all whining, I've made 4 final tables in the last 3 days in mtts that would have made a nice difference in my situation, and have gone out 9th in 3 of them and 7th in the other. And I played in a live tourney today and bubbled the FT. That shit tilts me more than anything and could indeed be causing me to play less than optimally in LHE, even though I dont really feel like I am. I should stop for a day or two. Gotta make that next cashout though....

quads>top boat for 45BB while trapping two total donkeys in between and i'll call it a night. as a fairly significant winner, finally.that also makes me and the poker gods even for the KK<99 K99 flop hand yesterday.