Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting ass raped by retards today.I'm a little disheartened right now, but I know I shouldn't be. I'm trying not to be. In fact I should be very happy. I feel like in the last 3 or 4 days I've been playing the best I have in my entire life.I know I'm not all the way there yet. I need to make myself more familiar with the things that I'm just starting to understand, but when I sharpen my edges just a little more I'm going to be a true force. Its almost as if I feel I can control a tornado with my hands. Right now it's only an F1, but it will get bigger. None of those mother****ers will know what hit them.In the mean time this is typical of what I'm experiencing today. This crafty and thoughtful player is 70/14/.5.Preflop: Hero is BB with :3h, :tsUTG raises, 3 folds, Hero callsFlop: (4.5 SB) :club:, :D, :jh(2 players)Hero checks, UTG checksTurn: (2.25 BB) :D(2 players)Hero bets, UTG callsRiver: (4.25 BB) :D(2 players)Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero callsTotal pot: 8.25 BB Results:Hero mucked :qh, :4h (two pair, tens and fours).UTG had :5c, :D (three of a kind, fours).Outcome: UTG won 8.25 BBJust a 55 BB downswing, no big deal.
i often wonder about these hands....honestly does he ever raise the river with a hand you beat?
So ive worked my live BR up to where I can put some online and try it. Any suggestions what site for LHE? Im thinking cake so I can sign up for rakeback since I dont have an acct with them.
if you want cake rakeback you can pm me if you feel like tossing it my way.
lol, that was fun
for you, lol. you managed to see the 50-or-so hand stretch where i flop gin and lose about 1/2 the hands i am dealt, a section of my sessions that seems to have become a necessary part of my day.outside of that section, i'm up 60BB today. including it, i'm stuck 10. yay poker.
Apparently Cake has a lot of cashout problems. Also, the game are soft but the pool is small so game selection is pretty nonexistent for a lot of games. I think FTP is your best compromise. If you already have a non rakeback account, could could probably just change your IP, start another account, hope they don't say anything, and if they do, swear it's not you.
cashing out wasn't a problem, they provide their own ewallet called quicktender. the only catch is that it costs $30 per cash out. you do get the money in like 2 days though. the trick of course is to limit your cash outs as much as possible. ive never tried to get a check from them and don't think i would. and don't try to cash out using ewallet express. to call the fees exorbitant would be too nice.the lhe holdem games are dreamy. people open limping the button in 3/6 6max.

do you hate those painful swings? feel like everything is going down when you want it all to stay up?Introducing the Poker Bra, for Ti(l)t Control!for BankRoll Earning And Steady Ti(l)t Slashing!20% off sale, promo code: fcp

I took a little shot today, and learned a lot. First thing I learned, people at this level hate me even more visibly than my regular game. The second is that I'm "a calling sation." The third is that I'm a "raise tard."
if i had to speculate i would guess you have a bright future at your new level. unless you were sucking out like a madman people usually only get angry at you when they realize you are playing in a way they don't know how to play against.
if i had to speculate i would guess you have a bright future at your new level. unless you were sucking out like a madman people usually only get angry at you when they realize you are playing in a way they don't know how to play against.
My typical game is really, really pesky. It can lean toward spewy if I'm not careful, but people always get angry at me just for the way I typically play my hands. It's definitely suboptimal at in my regular level (which hopefully is my old level), though.
i often wonder about these hands....honestly does he ever raise the river with a hand you beat?
Yeah it probably should have been a fold, but he played that hand so weird I called almost just for info, which I know is probably not the best idea all the time. But if you combine the info gained that can be used against him in the future with the small % chance that I'm ahead then its probably not too bad.Unfortunately he kept getting fellated by every single flop when I was in a hand with him and he took almost 30 BBs from me.
FG, I played with a 100/0/2 the other night who got on the sickest short term heater ever. He made 100BB's in like, 50 hands.He cold called any two pf including premium hands. He would peel with any pair, underpair, flush redraw, flush draw, gut shot or over cards. It would have rocked the foundation of my limited understanding of SHLHE if he didn't lose it all + buyin in about another 80 hands.
In those situations you just have to hope that the person who ends up with his money isn't actually good enough to keep it for too long themselves.
Yeah it probably should have been a fold, but he played that hand so weird I called almost just for info, which I know is probably not the best idea all the time. But if you combine the info gained that can be used against him in the future with the small % chance that I'm ahead then its probably not too bad.
i would to had to have been there but my default play on that river is to check/call. with his stats though a value bet is very very tempting. who am i kidding i would have played it the same way as you.
i would to had to have been there but my default play on that river is to check/call. with his stats though a value bet is very very tempting. who am i kidding i would have played it the same way as you.
To play that hand any differently, I would have to have the most specific read like ever. Nice hand, sucks, what can you do. I think he's probably doing something weird often enough to where you should call the river, and the last thing I want is for the table to get the idea that I fold rivers I bet.
To play that hand any differently, I would have to have the most specific read like ever. Nice hand, sucks, what can you do. I think he's probably doing something weird often enough to where you should call the river, and the last thing I want is for the table to get the idea that I fold rivers I bet.
number one reason why i often call river raises when i know im beat also the number one reason i would prefer to check call that river. but like i said, against those stats, what can you do?

woot, got colluded out of 100 bucks at the end, too. hopefully AP is good at reimbursing people after detailed emails are sent.btw, "the118" and "kdlg08111" collude together on AP/UB if you happen to see them. they seem to hit 3/6 and 5/10 LHE when there are only 1-2 other players at the table.other than the collusion, i dropped all the way down to -50BB then crawled back to almost even. yay, i guess.

I suck at poker. -180 BBs last night in 2800 hands but the good news is I am a shoe-in for Platinum this month. Unless I have to move down a level. *Sigh*I did play some HU LHE at the end of the night though and that was fun. +25 BB after 20 minutes then quit +1 10 minutes later.That's a solid win baby.

MEGOMADNESS - Posts small blind $0.50POCKETPAIR78 - Posts big blind $1*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to THEMUSER [8d 8c] JWBULL - FoldsPECHPILZ - FoldsTHEMUSER - Raises $2 to $2PKRPLYNPIKEY - Calls $2MEGOMADNESS - FoldsPOCKETPAIR78 - Raises $2 to $3THEMUSER - Calls $1PKRPLYNPIKEY - Calls $1*** FLOP *** [Jh 9h 8s]POCKETPAIR78 - Bets $1THEMUSER - Raises $2 to $2PKRPLYNPIKEY - Calls $2POCKETPAIR78 - Raises $2 to $3THEMUSER - Raises $2 to $4PKRPLYNPIKEY - Calls $2POCKETPAIR78 - Calls $1*** TURN *** [Jh 9h 8s] [Js]POCKETPAIR78 - ChecksTHEMUSER - Bets $2PKRPLYNPIKEY - FoldsPOCKETPAIR78 - Calls $2*** RIVER *** [Jh 9h 8s Js] [3s]POCKETPAIR78 - ChecksTHEMUSER - Bets $2POCKETPAIR78 - Raises $4 to $4THEMUSER - Raises $4 to $6POCKETPAIR78 - Raises $4 to $8THEMUSER - Calls $2*** SHOW DOWN ***Thoughts? I'm thinking I got trapped into way over playing the set and probably shouldn't have put in that third raise on the flop. Anything else?

OK here's one. Villian is 18/18/5.3 thru 71 hands. Should I raise the flop? And once I don't do that should I bet the turn?PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is CO with Q :ts, Q :4hUTG raises, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, 3 folds, UTG caps, Hero callsFlop: (9.5 SB) A :3h, 5 :5c, K :qh(2 players)UTG bets, Hero callsTurn: (5.75 BB) 3 :club:(2 players)UTG checks, Hero...