Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

Asked this earlier also...just curious
Me too I was just going to have a pretty tame sig and really hammer his avatar and quote line. However if that isnt included I will have to think harder about the sig
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too I was just going to have a pretty tame sig and really hammer his avatar and quote line. However if that isnt included I will have to think harder about the sig
You can go with all, fine with me :club: Ought to be goooooooooood. I'm excited now.

We said sigs and avs when we started, so you can do both. If you only want to change the sig, that's fine too. When do you want to play Checky? Are all the first round matchups done?

So who's playing today?
I love poker!I sent NB a pm yesterday saying I'm ready anytime he is but I don't think he's been on since. On a side note, I really feel good right now. I feel like I'm playing very well and have the ability to crush anything I play. I really hope this is a sign of my development as a poker player and I'm able to maintain and even increase this level of clarity I'm feeling. It would suck if this is just some kind of positive brain fart. I probably shouldn't be saying this right now because it counters the strategy I plan to use against NB. What strategy is that you ask? Well my answer is this....

I'm gonna sigh up for an account on AP/UB today.I need the following...Someone to trade me maybe 300 on stars for 300 on whichever site I decide on and secondly, someone from this thread hopefully whom I can signup for rakeback through to help out a little bit.AP/UB which is better or does it even matter?

I'm gonna sigh up for an account on AP/UB today.I need the following...Someone to trade me maybe 300 on stars for 300 on whichever site I decide on and secondly, someone from this thread hopefully whom I can signup for rakeback through to help out a little bit.AP/UB which is better or does it even matter?
i can do both, if'n you want. pm me your email address and i can refer you for rb. :)dink, i'm actually super sick and probably will be in bed most of the day. tomorrow ok by you?
i can do both, if'n you want. pm me your email address and i can refer you for rb. :)dink, i'm actually super sick and probably will be in bed most of the day. tomorrow ok by you?
I can play whenever you'd like. Will anyone give me action at +115 on my match vs. Checky? I saw Tucker offered me +150 to win the whole thing, but holy shit I'm not that good. I'd need like +500 to bet on myself to win it all, and even then it would be for action and almost certainly -EV.
i can play whenever today.
Maybe a little later this evening...perhaps 8ish pacific? I'm busy trying to make monies right now. I can't promise something won't come up later though so don't change any plans.Plus I just ate fast food and I'm feeling lethargic. I must stop eating fast food.

I'm down about 100BB on the month, and have booked a pretty huge loss in most of my recent sessions. I didn't tilt during any of this, which I'm pretty proud of, but my last session I noted half-jokingly that I had lost all sense of relative hand-value, and Checky convinced me to take some time off. The only poker I've played the last couple days was the HUHU thing (also, thank you Matt, for giving me some pretty helpful post-match analysis), and I'm feeling good about a return tonight. I'm about to starts stacksin' that paper to the ceiling, and riding high on 24" chrome.

I like to call this walking the dog.PokerStars Game #22217287894: Hold'em Limit ($10/$20) - 2008/11/20 19:10:43 ETTable 'Jugta' 6-max Seat #6 is the buttonSeat 1: tornadopower ($553 in chips) Seat 2: MyCleverName ($826.50 in chips) Seat 3: anthony dy ($234.50 in chips) Seat 4: MyDiscoParty ($721 in chips) Seat 5: frightDTD ($599 in chips) Seat 6: Flowerbunny ($380 in chips) tornadopower: posts small blind $5MyCleverName: posts big blind $10*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to frightDTD [5s 5c]anthony dy: folds MyDiscoParty: folds frightDTD: raises $10 to $20Flowerbunny: folds tornadopower: raises $10 to $30MyCleverName: calls $20frightDTD: calls $10*** FLOP *** [3c 7c Qd]tornadopower: bets $10MyCleverName: calls $10frightDTD: calls $10*** TURN *** [3c 7c Qd] [2s]tornadopower: bets $20MyCleverName: calls $20frightDTD: calls $20*** RIVER *** [3c 7c Qd 2s] [6d]tornadopower: checks MyCleverName: checks frightDTD: bets $20tornadopower: folds MyCleverName: folds Uncalled bet ($20) returned to frightDTDfrightDTD collected $177 from potfrightDTD: doesn't show hand *** SUMMARY ***Total pot $180 | Rake $3 Board [3c 7c Qd 2s 6d]Seat 1: tornadopower (small blind) folded on the RiverSeat 2: MyCleverName (big blind) folded on the RiverSeat 3: anthony dy folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: MyDiscoParty folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: frightDTD collected ($177)Seat 6: Flowerbunny (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

and this is profit town.PokerStars Game #22217125232: Hold'em Limit ($10/$20) - 2008/11/20 19:04:28 ETTable 'Jugta' 6-max Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 1: tornadopower ($394 in chips) Seat 2: MyCleverName ($334.50 in chips) Seat 3: anthony dy ($342.50 in chips) Seat 4: MyDiscoParty ($823 in chips) Seat 5: frightDTD ($370 in chips) Seat 6: Flowerbunny ($381 in chips) anthony dy: posts small blind $5MyDiscoParty: posts big blind $10*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to frightDTD [Kd Kh]frightDTD: raises $10 to $20Flowerbunny: raises $10 to $30tornadopower: folds MyCleverName: folds anthony dy: calls $25MyDiscoParty: folds frightDTD: calls $10*** FLOP *** [6h 7c Qh]anthony dy: checks frightDTD: checks Flowerbunny: bets $10anthony dy: calls $10frightDTD: calls $10*** TURN *** [6h 7c Qh] [9c]anthony dy: checks frightDTD: checks Flowerbunny: bets $20anthony dy: calls $20frightDTD: raises $20 to $40Flowerbunny: calls $20anthony dy: calls $20*** RIVER *** [6h 7c Qh 9c] [Js]anthony dy: checks frightDTD: checks Flowerbunny: bets $20anthony dy: folds frightDTD: calls $20*** SHOW DOWN ***Flowerbunny: shows [Ac Qc] (a pair of Queens)frightDTD: shows [Kd Kh] (a pair of Kings)frightDTD collected $287 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $290 | Rake $3 Board [6h 7c Qh 9c Js]Seat 1: tornadopower folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: MyCleverName (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: anthony dy (small blind) folded on the RiverSeat 4: MyDiscoParty (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: frightDTD showed [Kd Kh] and won ($287) with a pair of KingsSeat 6: Flowerbunny showed [Ac Qc] and lost with a pair of Queens

Is it weak-tight of me that I probably fold that turn?
completely agree. if the pot wasn't 3bet preflop i could probably justify showing this down, but i think calling down here is pretty bad without some strong info suggesting otherwise. i mean, i think that it's possible that either player beats us here, and that we don't win very often with all that action. fright, just that they're "flush chasers" doesn't really mean anything. do you think they're both on clubs here?
completely agree. if the pot wasn't 3bet preflop i could probably justify showing this down, but i think calling down here is pretty bad without some strong info suggesting otherwise. i mean, i think that it's possible that either player beats us here, and that we don't win very often with all that action. fright, just that they're "flush chasers" doesn't really mean anything. do you think they're both on clubs here?
That was my read and they both said they were chasing after the hand.
That was my read and they both said they were chasing after the hand.
don't take this the wrong way, but you're profoundly incorrect if you think two naked flush draws make up the entirety of your villains' ranges on that hand.
It would have been very cool if we had Looshle and Zach in our little HU tourney.
and FCP Bob. I thought last night that it would be damn funny for a mod to have to have some silly shit in his sig trying to be the forum police.also, I hate you for this now Danny. :club: