Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I'd say you're proooobably a winner long term in those games Mono. Your W$SD looks very low for your WTSD. Without watching you play for a loooong time, it's impossible to tell if you're just calling down in bad spots, but until you sustain those %'s over a much larger sample size, I'd just assume you're running bad. Also, I think your late street aggression numbers do look a tad high, even given your somewhat TAGgier style. That coupled with your relatively lower flop AGG and your low W$SD would lead me to believe you're 1. Waiting for the turn too often and 2. Perhaps bluffing the river too often.Like Bob says, I'd advise you to get comfortable with some more passive lines. You don't have to blow people off every pot.I don't see much else though.

Folding SB to steal is low 70's for both and mid 50's for both.
We had a discussion a few days ago in this thread about blind play.You probably should consider calling out of the big blind a bit more often. As a general rule small blind play very aggressive and tight and big blind play loose and passive preflop are things you should think about.
Yeah. I'd say you're proooobably a winner long term in those games Mono. Your W$SD looks very low for your WTSD. Without watching you play for a loooong time, it's impossible to tell if you're just calling down in bad spots, but until you sustain those %'s over a much larger sample size, I'd just assume you're running bad. Also, I think your late street aggression numbers do look a tad high, even given your somewhat TAGgier style. That coupled with your relatively lower flop AGG and your low W$SD would lead me to believe your 1. Waiting for the turn too often and 2. Perhaps bluffing the river too often.I don't see much else though.
Based on how few pots you've been winning it seems that you've been betting on the river a ton with the worst hand. Really think carefully about thin value bets on the river at those limits since you often are going to be paying more rake as a result in addition to maybe not having the best hand or in the case where you do have the best hand you're not giving your opponent the opportunity to bluff.
Biggest loses toToohottotrot- don't know him off the top of my headHedgehog65- sameWildragon7- on the LP side but not terrible, i believe. could be wrong, thoughPadre19- strong player, plays professionallyWhaletail116- pretty sure he masturbates to the 2+2 bible, way overly TAG and is incapable of really adapting to anything out of the ordinaryAintcool- don't know himOWDOGG- extremely strong player, one of the 3-4 best at those limits when it's 6h or less, but is far too loose for more than 6
Well I'm sort of glad that you listed off those players.The biggest losses out of that list are the bottom 4, 1 of them a professional and the other you are calling top 3-4 at that limit. Might explain a bit.
I know I haven't played 2/4 in forever on AP but can you see if you have any hands against me (garbagebag). I assume you don't though
Well I'm sort of glad that you listed off those players.The biggest losses out of that list are the bottom 4, 1 of them a professional and the other you are calling top 3-4 at that limit. Might explain a bit.
if you're losing to whaletail by a significant amount, you're almost definitely just running bad, at least vs him. the other possibility is that you need to work a lot on your hand reading skills, but he's so by the book that if you can read anyone, you can read him.owdogg is professional, too, fwiw. padre plays professionally, i think, but he's nowhere near as good as owdogg--he's just a pretty strong player.
Well I'm importing hands into holdem manager and I'll let you know what that spits out at me.I may try switching sites per your suggestion. I just don't see how drastically the game could have changed in the year off I took. I was a winning player back in the US Party days at 5/10- 10/20 and was a winner over 250k hands at 2/4 on stars after that so I really don't know what the problem has been as of late.
when i started playing poker i was a winner pretty quickly. i read some books and found myself beating lhe for an obscene winrate over a very long period of time. i also bonus whored tenaciously and pretty soon i had enough i started taking shots at 2/4. this was about 2 years ago. i lost for 12k hands. during that same peroid i kept playing 1/2 and was still winning for 2.4bb (i think). i was really confused and had no idea how i could be winning so much at one stake and losing so much at the next one up (i was like a 1.5bb loser). i switched games and just started playing lhe again around september. looking back i realize two things 1) i actually was running really bad. nobody would have won over those 12k hands. 2) i was also playing very badly. i didn't need to lose that much. 2 was a result of 1 but (and rather quickly i suspect) by far became the dominating factor.

Well I'm going to keep plugging away for the time being on AP and see what turns up. Thanks Bob for the advice as well, I'll be much more conscious of my river play as I can admit to having a tendency to bluff a lot of rivers and call a lot of rivers.That group of players is bottom to top who I've lost the most to, but whale and padre are pretty close. Nothing significant to either one, but I've lost almost 70 BB to OWDOGG alone.

1) i actually was running really bad. nobody would have won over those 12k hands. 2) i was also playing very badly. i didn't need to lose that much. 2 was a result of 1 but (and rather quickly i suspect) by far became the dominating factor.
This is pretty much the exact same experience I just had at 2/4, over a similar sample. I'm nearly back there now so hopefully it will turn out differently this time.
such things as 30-40k hand breakeven stretches do exist for some sorts of styles (though for those, 6-7BB/100 10k hand heaters exist as well).
Is this really somewhat common? Also, the firecracker burger at A&W is better than both those burgers, IMO of course.
when i started playing poker i was a winner pretty quickly. i read some books and found myself beating lhe for an obscene winrate over a very long period of time. i also bonus whored tenaciously and pretty soon i had enough i started taking shots at 2/4. this was about 2 years ago. i lost for 12k hands. during that same peroid i kept playing 1/2 and was still winning for 2.4bb (i think). i was really confused and had no idea how i could be winning so much at one stake and losing so much at the next one up (i was like a 1.5bb loser). i switched games and just started playing lhe again around september. looking back i realize two things 1) i actually was running really bad. nobody would have won over those 12k hands. 2) i was also playing very badly. i didn't need to lose that much. 2 was a result of 1 but (and rather quickly i suspect) by far became the dominating factor.
oh hi there me the last two weeks, but I'm coming back tonight to eat some people alive.

all you suckers need to stop going to these garbage fast food joints that come out with new gimmick burgers every year, and start going to places like In and Out and Culvers. They don't need gimmicks, their food is good.

all you suckers need to stop going to these garbage fast food joints that come out with new gimmick burgers every year, and start going to places like In and Out and Culvers. They don't need gimmicks, their food is good.
Both of those are very good and I'm glad I actually live near a Culvers.
Is this really somewhat common? Also, the firecracker burger at A&W is better than both those burgers, IMO of course.
I've definitely had a few of those. One in the last year I think. I wouldn't call them common, but they are always possible, and more and more likely the smaller your edge gets.

Just had my first five consecutive losing sessions in my poker career. Stings a bit. (Despite having lost more than the five combined in a single session at least half a dozen times.)

LHE tilts me soooo hard. I was riding high earlier tonight after a big bankroll boost from the last two days of playing SnGs. Then I sit down for a nice LHE session, proceed to getting ****ing owned at .5/1 FR, then go on tilt and lose even more trying to get my money back by lagging it up. I also lose 20 BB on one of my 6-max tables. In the end, I lost more than I'd one at SnG's earlier and now I'm really pissed too. I'm back to being done with .5/1 FR. It's hard enough for me to lose at .25/.50 6-max, but at least it's only a few bucks here and there. I can't take the way I'm running at full-ring right now. **** THIS SHIT.

I know I haven't played 2/4 in forever on AP but can you see if you have any hands against me (garbagebag). I assume you don't though
I guess not then.
Sorry Wsox I thought that was directed at Checky not me.I don't have any hand histories with you however, I only just recently started playing mostly at AP.
Heh, I think it's a good thing that you don't have any with me since I'm a donk :club: