Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sick variance last 300 hands, imo
Those 40 BB downswings can kill you.
so bob, it looks like you've had about 3 loosing days then, no? nice graph :club:
It's been a pretty stress free month with few losing days.

I just played in the $26 $3k gtd LHE tourney on FTP for the first time today and I took it down for a little over $1k.Add that to the $2k score yesterday and its a pretty good end to the year, and hopefully a good sign for next year.

well done, fg!i am currently finishing up one of my -50BB runs, although this one isn't following the normal "flop the nuts, lose" pattern, but rather the "flop an oesfd every hand, cap it 6 ways, cap it 5 ways on the turn, miss and fold river with 7 high." back down to even on the day after that.

I just played in the $26 $3k gtd LHE tourney on FTP for the first time today and I took it down for a little over $1k.Add that to the $2k score yesterday and its a pretty good end to the year, and hopefully a good sign for next year.
Nice run bro
PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is Button with Jheart.gif, Kheart.gif1 fold, MP calls, Hero raises, 1 fold, BB calls, MP callsFlop: (6.5 SB) 10heart.gif, Qheart.gif, Aheart.gif(3 players)..
you gotta bet out. if another heart falls you won't get any action. hope somebody boats up.

i don't mean to toot my own horn, but this is teh fking sexiness. i predicted all of his plays on every street perfectly (except pf obv)Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $3/$63 playersConverterPre-flop: (3 players) Hero is SB with 6 :ts 7 :4h Button folds, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero calls.Flop: 4 :5c 5 :D 8 :3h (6SB, 2 players)Hero bets, BB calls.Turn: J :club: (4BB, 2 players)Hero bets, BB raises, Hero 3-bets, BB calls.River: A :qh (10BB, 2 players)Hero checks, BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero caps, BB calls.Results:Final pot: 18BBHero Shows 6s 7s(he had aj, obv.)

WOWPokerStars Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is Button with 10 :club:, 10 :club:UTG calls, MP raises, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, BB calls, UTG calls, MP caps, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG callsFlop: (16.5 SB) 10 :3h, 3 :qh, 9 :ts(4 players)BB checks, UTG checks, MP bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, UTG calls, MP caps, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG callsTurn: (16.25 BB) 2 :D(4 players)BB checks, UTG checks, MP bets, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG calls, MP 3-bets, Hero caps, BB calls, UTG calls, MP callsRiver: (32.25 BB) K :4h(4 players)BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero bets, 2 folds, MP callsTotal pot: $68.50 (34.25 BB) | Rake: $1Results:Hero had 10 :5c, 10 :D (three of a kind, tens).MP mucked 9 :D, 8 :D (one pair, nines).Outcome: Hero won $67.50I thought about checking behind on the river since I thought there was a v high chance someone had QJ and assumed I'd bet, but I think these 3 would probably lead out with it.I guess they all had hearts /J8/87

I'm having a problem with my game that I'm hoping will somehow be remedied in the new year.Basically, I can't book a small win. Over the past 7 months of play, there has not been one session that has ended with a modest win or a modest loss. It's either win 175BB or lose 240. Granted I play exclusively 6max where I know the swings can be really brutal and I accept this as part of the game I've chosen to play, but it just doesn't seem like a natural progression of how I should be looking to build a bigger roll and cashing out profit once a month.I think one of the hardest things to overcome for me is the fact that when I am going on a big upswing I am playing well and catching cards. Hitting sets on the flop, hitting draws on the turn, having my A10 AJ AQ, hit and not get out drawn. However when I'm losing all of those things just don't happen. I don't hit sets, my draws no matter how many outs just don't hit, and my TPTK gets sucked out on by someone calling 83o to three bets cold on the flop.It leaves me wondering, am I really good enough to consistently win, or is my entire poker playing dependent on whether or not I'm having a day where I am hitting cards.Obviously a very integral part of the game is having the best hand at showdown, but is profit and loss really just a matter of whether the deck is in love with you on a particular day?I'd like to sort of level out and become more consistent and not allow myself to get caught up in such huge swings, but I honestly don't even know where to start.I've tried setting time limits, but that only frustrates me when I'm having a good day and have to end it or get up from a table of donkeys and the reverse is when I'm losing I end up watching the clock more than playing correctly.I've tried setting stop loss amounts, but again, you can reach -80BB in 6 max a lot easier than in other games and I really don't know what is an "acceptable" amount to stop and say, "yes, this is unnatural and I'm unlikely to recover."Any insight would be fantastic!

Unfortunately I am.For instance last night I made $700 playing 2/4 6 max, that's almost 200BB in about 1800 hands.3 nights earlier, I lost 650 same game in about 1300 hands.
that's totally out there, man. how many hands are you playing? i mean, i'm probably the swongiest guy in this thread, and i've maybe had 5-6 sessions of that magnitude ever.

I usually play minimum 1200 a session, usually reaches about 1500 on most nights. I do run 4 tables almost all the time, so I'm sure that factors into things, but I don't know many people who play seriously who don't run at least 3 tables at once.

I usually play minimum 1200 a session, usually reaches about 1500 on most nights. I do run 4 tables almost all the time, so I'm sure that factors into things, but I don't know many people who play seriously who don't run at least 3 tables at once.
i only 3 table or more about half the time, fwiwi don't really know what to do with that info. what do your stats look like?(i'm nearing serious suicide stage. blech.)