Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

fyi I will make this your sig when you lose.I vote that people get control as they go. The winner of the tournament will get 4 people anyway and I dont think anyone will want to think of 15 different sigs and avatars
Bring it on! :club::ts Dunno what I would make yours when if I beat you. I'm free most of the time, feel free to PM me or hit me up on aim
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanna post this whether it matters or not... I felt really good about this. Villain is the same in both hands and running 71/22/1.3 over ~200 hands. He's down about 40 BB's and bemoaning his luck as I am supposedly the luckiest person on earth. He then does this and berates me. I really felt he was calling the river with a weaker ace, and he used half his time bank to c/r me.PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is UTG with A :D, Q :DHero raises, 2 folds, SB calls, 1 foldFlop: (5 SB) 8 :qh, 3 :icon_clap:, 2 :4h(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksTurn: (2.5 BB) K :club:(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksRiver: (2.5 BB) 8 :ts(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero callsTotal pot: $13 (6.5 BB) | Rake: $0.50Results:SB had T3dd(two pair, eights and threes).Hero mucked AhQc (one pair, eights).Outcome: SB won $12.50Then exactly two hands later this happened, and he blew up. I specifically capped the river because of his previous play and it was the first time that I actually realized I was playing a hand based specifically on a read I had. The turn check said that he definitely had a queen, and it made me feel pretty special inside.PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is SB with Q :5c, A :D1 fold, MP calls, 1 fold, Hero raises, 1 fold, MP callsFlop: (5 SB) K :D, Q :D, 2 :icon_clap:(2 players)Hero bets, MP raises, Hero callsTurn: (4.5 BB) 8 :3h(2 players)Hero checks, MP checksRiver: (4.5 BB) K :qh(2 players)Hero bets, MP raises, Hero 3-bets, MP caps, Hero callsTotal pot: $25 (12.5 BB) | Rake: $1Results:Hero had AQss: (two pair, Kings and Queens).MP had QhJd: (two pair, Kings and Queens).Outcome: Hero won $24I may have taken a lil money out of poker with NLHE tourneys and such, but this LHE thing is so damn addicting. I just love the fact that I am becoming so observant about poker now. And it's actually helping me in my NLHE tourney play I think. Thanks guys, I really do owe this feeling to a few of you.

So today I started a challenge that I think is gonna be fairly achievable. I play 1-3 tables currently, although it's usually 1-2. I want to be rolled for 1/2 by the end of the year. I only put in about 1500 hands a week currently, and I don't plan on changing that. I do still donk around in MTT's and other leaks, but I'm trying to keep two seperate rolls.
So I made this in less than 2 months and that is pretty awesome IMO, although I am playing a lot more than 1500 hands a week right now. What should my next goal be? Should I just go for 2/4 and 3/6 and if so is 300 BB's still substantial for those levels. I been doing the 300BB's for the game I'm in, then playing til I go down to 400 of the level below me if I run bad/play bad. Is this still safe?

Okay so just to confirm:70BB buy-in at some stars play money tableWinner gets the rights to the losers sig and avatar for one month (I heard no objections to this time period?)Am I missing something really obvious here?

noneck, pretty much any time between 2 and 10pm est any day is fine by me. shoot me a pm whenever you're free.
will do... upset of the century coming up! can we wait till you are running bad?
will do... upset of the century coming up! can we wait till you are running bad?
even when i'm running bad, i'm not running bad at HU :club:.gl!also, someone tell me i'm not weird and that it's normal to have 100BB swings nearly every day you play 6max and HU. today was -20BB to +85BB to -40BB to +30BB to -10/BB to +30BB and done.
even when i'm running bad, i'm not running bad at HU :club:.gl!also, someone tell me i'm not weird and that it's normal to have 100BB swings nearly every day you play 6max and HU. today was -20BB to +85BB to -40BB to +30BB to -10/BB to +30BB and done.
Oh, it's normal, but I don't get what all those plus signs are for. How does one even go about gaining bets?

Brad I'm good pretty much anytime tomorrow after 5pm PST/8pm EST. Just shoot me a PM or something.

Okay so just to confirm:70BB buy-in at some stars play money tableWinner gets the rights to the losers sig and avatar for one month (I heard no objections to this time period?)Am I missing something really obvious here?
Why did you guys buy 70BB and not 50?