I must not be understanding you because:It seems to me that you're implying that a multi-million (billion?) dollar business would be shut down because of the death of Gus. I don't think I agree with that.
Depends on what you mean. The drug trade and demand for drugs is surely still there...someone will come and fill the gap and provide for what people want.But Gus's business is gone -- The brains and financier behind the business is dead. The manufacturing site is dead. The distribution is dead. It never ran like an family Italian mob where somebody picks up the business after. It's busto for sure.
The point of killing Gus so Walt didn't have to share the "Top Crime Boss" title was based on Walt's beliefs and decisions. I'm not saying Mike was the real boss or even Gus' partner, but either is possible.
Just FYI -- Vince Gillian has confirmed that he intentionally killed "Top Crime Boss" so that Walt could ascend further in stature in his "breaking bad" path
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cranston and Paul reading the final few pages of the finale's script for the first time.   http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/18/breaking-bad-final-script/

I think he would relate really well to Archie Bunker

Spoilered for Gov.      

thanks for the update. We were really on pins and needles where you were w/r/t the series. Now I'm just going to make a bunch of filler to make this posts seem a lot longer than it is, so you think it's a legitimate spoiler, but when you finally read it, you will be sorely disappointed.there once was a man from nantucket. Who's dick was so long he could suck it. As he said with a grin while he wiped off his chin, if my ear was a cunt I would fuck it.

Finished the show. (I hate you.)But god damn the last few episodes were amazing.
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally just finished catching up after stretching the four seasons across a couple of months. It's a stellar show that I'm recommending fairly highly.I know it's just a side story, and I guess we'll see what happens next season, but they left the Ted thing kind of hanging there quite a few episodes before the season finale.

Finally just finished catching up after stretching the four seasons across a couple of months. It's a stellar show that I'm recommending fairly highly.I know it's just a side story, and I guess we'll see what happens next season, but they left the Ted thing kind of hanging there quite a few episodes before the season finale.
I think that's going to be the ultimate irony of the show that Walt goes down because of skylar.
  • 2 months later...

holy crap. I have finally finished season 4 and all I can say is holy shit wow. I kept up reading all of your guys posts as I was watching the show. Yes Gus is an amazing character. And that last scene where they showed the plant in Walt's yard made me nearly shit my pants. This show is truly amazing and can't wait for season 5. One thing this forum has given me is the reason to watch two of the best series I have ever watched. Breaking bad and The Wire I will forever be grateful for FCP for those two shows. Also just thought about it Breaking bad had 5 seasons and the Wire had 5 season. Maybe that is the secret.

• 3 weeks later...
Also just thought about it Breaking bad had 5 seasons and the Wire had 5 season. Maybe that is the secret.
This may not be true. Good chance they'r e breaking this upcoming season in two. So likely something in 2013 whether they call it Season 6 or 5B
  • 4 weeks later...

finally watched the fourth season. and i gotta say, it didn't do it for me. i've heard people say that breaking bad is better than the wire, which i find to be IRRESPONSIBLE NONSENSICAL type talk.but i'll still watch season five.

finally watched the fourth season. and i gotta say, it didn't do it for me. i've heard people say that breaking bad is better than the wire, which i find to be IRRESPONSIBLE NONSENSICAL type talk.but i'll still watch season five.
i do not agree that bb>wire.so i too have heard that season 5 is going to be split up with a gap of several months in order to be eligible for 2 award seasons. i am not pleased. i may just torrent the whole season after it wraps up as protest.

splitting up the seasons is just selfish. but i am interested in where they go from here. clearly jessie will discover that plant in walts back yard and whether or not walt actually poisoned the kid jessie will come to believe he did. early predictions see jessie not surviving the series.

Well, it's also an extended season with 18 episodes instead of 13, so it's not like they're doing two super-short half-seasons.AMC tends to suck a bag of dicks with most of the decisions they make though.

the wire is better than breaking bad, but breaking bad is more entertaining than the wire.

i can't agree with that. this fourth season really let me down. the whole drama between gus and walt seemed pointless because i damn sure knew walt wasn't going to be killed.

• 2 weeks later...

finished season 4 a few weeks ago, and I must say, after watching season 4, I can understand the hype.However, it still didn't live up to expectations. I enjoyed the show, but I wouldn't put it up there as 'one of the best ever' (for me personally anyway). The over-the-top-ness of some of the characters and situations annoyed so much it took away from my enjoyment of the show. I'm not in the New Mexico drug trade, but there was some stuff that happened in the show that I'm confident would not happen in real life! Obviously TV shows don't have to be realistic, but some stuff was just so totally cliche and over the top that it annoyed me e.g.

the cousins - why blow up the truck when going into the US? Why all of sudden decide you want an axe to kill Hank when you've been so clinical so far?...When Hank and the cousins are in the hospital - what's up with all of the police dept being in the hospital? Sure Hank is a nice guy but to have a few dozen police officers just 'hanging out' waiting for news is totally unrealistic.

Overall, it's a good show with a good storyline. The only problem I have is the over-top-ness, other than that, it's a good show. And season 4 was pretty spectacular.

Finally got my dad into watching this show, and I've been watching it with him. We're about halfway through season 2. Since Netflix only has the first 3 seasons, and season 5 is starting soon, I'm going to get him the 4th season on Blu Ray for father's day.It's only $25 on Amazon which seems like a really good deal.

• 1 month later...

Holy shit what an episode.Hopefully we get back to that first scene in the first half of the season and not the second half. That would be my only complaint.