New Challenge ( Tourney Style )

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raise only gets called by a better low or the made nut straight IMO. EP limp at this point of very shallow stacks seems to me like a weak A2 often. His range is wider than this, but I think A2 makes up a hefty chunk of his range. Definitely can't release on this flop IMO, even though he does follow through with a full PSB on the flop. I like the call over raise here as well because I don't see him firing a second barrel without 56, and it's possible A2 may check behind on the turn to try and coax a river bet with position, especially if he's covered with a 5 too in hand.....meaning often times your call will get you two cards to get your nuts draws filled.It's good to know if your opponent is capable of pulling off a big pot bet on the river on total air, granted in this hand it doesnt matter because that river 5 shuts you down for sure.
tks dude.Now,what if the river is a high card and he bets pot? Do we still fold the river?
I feel like an argument can be made for value betting the turn against some villains, but I like this line as a default
meh....i mean, it is early, we don't want to get too involved with a draw...i just think against a complete idiot is who we can vbet, but even then

from 80kferal_cow_icon.gifA pack of feral cows chewed their cuds for .0043 seconds to convert this handPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($50+$5) t10/t20 - 9 playersUTG+1: t2,910 MP: t3,230 MP2: t2,900 HJ: t1,780 CO: t3,190 Button: t4,100 SB: t3,162 (Hero)BB: t2,743 UTG: t2,985 Preflop: (t30) Hero is SB with :club::ts (9 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 calls t20, 2 folds, HJ raises to t60, CO calls t60, Button calls t60, Hero?

from 80kferal_cow_icon.gifA pack of feral cows chewed their cuds for .0043 seconds to convert this handPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($50+$5) t10/t20 - 9 playersUTG+1: t2,910 MP: t3,230 MP2: t2,900 HJ: t1,780 CO: t3,190 Button: t4,100 SB: t3,162 (Hero)BB: t2,743 UTG: t2,985 Preflop: (t30) Hero is SB with :club::ts (9 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 calls t20, 2 folds, HJ raises to t60, CO calls t60, Button calls t60, Hero?
I would reraise to 200-220EDIT: he's probably gonna 4-bet a lot of pocket pairs (99+) in which case you are playing for his stack
I would reraise to 200-220
I don't think that would be enough. There's 230 in the pot already. You'd have to raise like 300ish for it to be somewhat effective.I'd probably choose to play this like a pussy and flat call, even though we have AK and we are oop. But if we do raise to 300 and HJ shoves, do we fold?
I don't think that would be enough. There's 230 in the pot already. You'd have to raise like 300ish for it to be somewhat effective.I'd probably choose to play this like a pussy and flat call, even though we have AK and we are oop. But if we do raise to 300 and HJ shoves, do we fold?
if we reraise 2 much he's probably shoving more often.I hate calling with AK oop with that many people behind.
pretty much only bad players are raising to 60 here, and its 'usually' super strong. that said i prob make it 325ish and hope he just flats/folds.

I mean he should be making it 80. I don't think making it 60 is a sign of a bad player, maybe more a mediocre one (or trueace13 who just misses limpers every time).In this case it's probably just the same as his opening range, which is probably fairly tight.

why do you think that?
i mean with a limp behind, when are we EVER making it 60?just from my experience, a bad player wants action with big hands and thus wont raise it as big as he should. just an observation.

how bad did i play this, be nice if its a standard hand then i'm sorry. from 9.90 360 max tonightPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 9.9 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB (t1450)UTG (t2805)UTG+1 (t655)MP1 (t1470)MP2 (t1690)MP3 (t2085)Hero (CO) (t2140)Button (t2060)SB (t1440)Hero's M: 47.56Preflop: Hero is CO with J :ts, J :club:3 folds, MP2 bets t90, 1 fold, Hero calls t90, Button raises to t420, 4 foldsTotal pot: t315Results:Button didn't showOutcome: Button won t315

tks dude.Now,what if the river is a high card and he bets pot? Do we still fold the river?
We re-evaluate then. It will come down to your reads on this villain. This the exact type of hand that villain analysis is important. 3rd nut low and a middle pair. We are calling for the low, but it's very possible that villain could have A2 with a blank board, still earning the chop. The problem is is that you scoop here like never and you get stacked ~30-40% of the time (total guesstimate). All things equal i probably tank and fold. 10BBs is still workable in this PLO/8 tournies since they have no antes. I wouldn't say a call on this hypothetical river is awful, just that ~60% of the time you get your start hand stack back, and ~40% of the time you are crippled, which is why I'd lay down.