less than a month to the wsop

With only 1 month left until the WSOP here in Las Vegas, I was curious how many of the forum regulars have plans to come out and play in any of the events. After winning a single table, $150 tourney against some friends, I'll be playing in the $1500 NL event on June 3rd. Anybody else have plans to participate?

I will be playing in the main event. Also, I am probably going to buy into all of the PL Omaha events. I was really pissed when I found out there would be no horse or triple draw tourneys, so I will probably enter the Stud/8 tourney and maybe try razz

Did you win your seat at Harrah's or some private tourney with friends. Any home games in the area that you know of besides Bridge Club?Xmas

I'm pre-reg for event 2 $1500 nlh. Staying in town that weekend. So I will play the Sat plh if I don't make the final table of event 2. I have no other plans. Kind of depends how I do on that weekend. I'll prob enter the main event. If I can get around a little schedule prob. (if I win event 2 or 3 it's a no-brainer)

I won my seat for the main event. I have been working on winning another seat so that I can buy into most of the other NL Hold em events as well, but my QQ went down to 10 10 last night :cry: .

Did you win your seat at Harrah's or some private tourney with friends.  Any home games in the area that you know of besides Bridge Club?Xmas
I won my seat through Harrah's (I think I was the first to win a seat from their this year, but I may have been the second or third). I have one home game with law school students, one with a couple of doctors my aunt is in business with, and one in the back room of Karl's All Night
With only 1 month left until the WSOP here in Las Vegas, I was curious how many of the forum regulars have plans to come out and play in any of the events. After winning a single table, $150 tourney against some friends,  I'll be playing in the $1500 NL event on June 3rd. Anybody else have plans to participate?
I'm going to try to make it out for a week or so to see the preliminary events. If everything goes according to plan, I will win my way in to a $1500 event. Should be fun and I hope it works itself out.Maybe Daniel will be nice enough to host an FCP reception or something. :club:

Just curious, is cash the only way to buy into the WSOP tourneys? Wouldn't seem to be the safest thing to carry around all that money but then I can't see "will you take a check?" or "just put it on my visa"

Just curious, is  cash the only way to buy into the WSOP tourneys?  Wouldn't seem to be the safest thing to carry around all that money but then I can't see "will you take a check?"  or "just put it on my visa"
If you are looking to pull off an Ocean's 11, this would be the week to do it :-)

I've just got to see whether or Not its worth the money for me to fly out there, I'm guessing the entire trip would cost me under $500 seeing that I wouldn't need to pay for a room at a hotel its just the 300 for the plane ticket... I am not 21, so playing in the events won't be an option but I believe I'll be able to get a press pass which is really my main reason for going, that and I'd end up heading out to LA to play at the commerce for a while.If I don't go this year I'll certainly be going next year, but I really want to go... just the fact that I'm a college kid makes it a bit harder to swing.

With only 1 month left until the WSOP here in Las Vegas, I was curious how many of the forum regulars have plans to come out and play in any of the events. I'll be there but not playing in any events that I know of, but some freinds have approached me about staking mre for one of the O8 events, so I'm thinking about that.

I'll be out there playing in the Razz event. Someone mentioned it before; but one of the organized forum folk (i.e. not me) needs to organize something.......

If anyone knows of a good deal on a hotel, please let us know.

I've just got to see whether or Not its worth the money for me to fly out there, I'm guessing the entire trip would cost me under $500 seeing that I wouldn't need to pay for a room at a hotel its just the 300 for the plane ticket...
Hey Jayson,I'm serious about this FCP reception thing. Do you think Daniel would be interested? He could have his assistant set something up at a local restaurant or hotel. I'm sure the Wynn would comp him a banquet room if he wanted and we could all chip in for the food.Thanks,

u cant play at the commerce.OR the WSOP, or anywhere in Vegas.Seriously, though, I've played at Commerce probably 500 times and have yet to see anyone get carded unless they look like Akishore.

I was under the impression the Commerce was 18+, But maybe it's because they serve alcohol? Anyways I've heard it wouldn't be a problem for me to get in either way, so I'm not that worried about it if I do choose to go.

I'll be out there playing in the Razz event. Someone mentioned it before; but one of the organized forum folk (i.e. not me) needs to organize something.......
Sweeeeet me too :club:......do you play on Full Tilt Poker?
played ok not great and managaded to take down a huge pot when i realized preflop that i had lots of live cards left
That is absolutely horrible....i had planned on playing in the triple draw as well but i guess not anymore :D
I've just got to see whether or Not its worth the money for me to fly out there, I'm guessing the entire trip would cost me under $500 seeing that I wouldn't need to pay for a room at a hotel its just the 300 for the plane ticket...
Hey Jayson,I'm serious about this FCP reception thing. Do you think Daniel would be interested? He could have his assistant set something up at a local restaurant or hotel. I'm sure the Wynn would comp him a banquet room if he wanted and we could all chip in for the food.Thanks,
I'll chip in on food....err beer anyway :club:
Sweeeeet me too :club:......do you play on Full Tilt Poker?
Thats how I won my seat. I usually don't play there alot though. Not a big fan of that place; though they are the only site that spreads Razz; which makes me extremely happy
With only 1 month left until the WSOP here in Las Vegas, I was curious how many of the forum regulars have plans to come out and play in any of the events. I'll be there but not playing in any events that I know of, but some freinds have approached me about staking mre for one of the O8 events, so I'm thinking about that.
Smash, if you're being staked why not?From what I can tell O8 is your best game, seems like a good oppurtunity :club:

Amazingly, I had someone offer to stake me in one of the smaller tournies. I found it flattering, but I'm not ready yet (given that I've never played a live tournament, and only played once in a live ring game....lol.) I asked him for a raincheck.Maybe I'll catch ya all next year, though.

I'll be there on July 6th, and playing in the main event.Won my seat on Royal Vegas (aka Prima).We need a way to recognize other people from here in the forum. Like all wear a headband or shave our heads or something.Who's game?