Limit Versus No-limit Cash Games?

With everything considered, which game do you think is the most profitable for the good player.I'm talking when you include hands per hour, bonuses/rakeback and level of play.I'm thinking about concentrating on limit for about a month and come up with my own conclussion but thought i would throw it out there for some debate from good players in both games.I have played NL for far too long and don't even know if i can win at limit for a month but after watching 30/60 for awhile, It does seem pretty soft and good hands get payed off (when you don't get sucked out on)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesnt make much sense. Do you mean, which can you win more at in a year? (example?)obviously a great NL player wins large amounts at NL, and a great LHE player wins large sums at LHE.Durrr is teh_good at NL. and made millions.which I think is much "easier" to do in a NL game than in LHE. starting with the same size BR.By "easier" i meant a path in which you will endure many sleepless nights and minor heart attacks.

It's kinda a hard comparison i guess, but just talking about the normal average player. Say a good player at 3/6 limit with the same amount of time (not hands) played versus the good $3/6 nl player. who do you think makes more over the long haul??

It's kinda a hard comparison i guess, but just talking about the normal average player. Say a good player at 3/6 limit with the same amount of time (not hands) played versus the good $3/6 nl player. who do you think makes more over the long haul??
Is that even a question? If you take someone that's AWESOME at NL.. and then take someone that is equally as skillful at LHE.. the NL guy makes more money.That's LOGIC, my friend.
Is that even a question? If you take someone that's AWESOME at NL.. and then take someone that is equally as skillful at LHE.. the NL guy makes more money.That's LOGIC, my friend.
Could you explain the LOGIC behind it?
I aggree and it's logical to me, but some people swear that limit is the way to go and was hoping to get some input by them.you see more hands and probably get more rakeback in the long run too, too help equal them out.
I aggree at it's logical to me, but some people swear that limit is the way to go and was hoping to get some input by them.you see more hands and probably get more rakeback in the long run too, to help.
If you're a good limit player, then YES. If you're far superior at NL, then NO. sheesh....

you are absolutely nuts if you think there is any possible way a 3/6 LHE player can make more than a 3/6 NL if they are "good"Also where are you getting this crazy idea that you see more hands in LHE than you do in NLHE?

say someone's edge was the same in a 3/6 NL game vs. a 3/6 LHE game, the NL game would be more profitable, but it is a function of game size more than anything else. the 3/6 NLHE is probably about 6 or 7 times bigger than the 3/6 LHE game.start the equation with bankrolls. a $1000 bankroll should be 20 buy-ins for .25/.50 NLHE. a decent players winrate at that level should be about 4ptbb/100 or $4/100. that same $1000 bankroll for LHE would be enough for 1/2LHE. a good player's winrate at 1/2 LHE would be about 2ptbb/100 or $4/100. i know you didn't want hands, but the hands per hour is really similar.assuming you can play the same amount of tables, etc. the games are pretty comparable. however, multi tabling NLHE may be easier so that has some consideration.also, it's my opinion, that the LHE games are softer than the NLHE games online today so as you improve and move up a large winrate will still be sustainable. live, the NLHE games are probably softer.
say someone's edge was the same in a 3/6 NL game vs. a 3/6 LHE game, the NL game would be more profitable, but it is a function of game size more than anything else. the 3/6 NLHE is probably about 6 or 7 times bigger than the 3/6 LHE game.start the equation with bankrolls. a $1000 bankroll should be 20 buy-ins for .25/.50 NLHE. a decent players winrate at that level should be about 4ptbb/100 or $4/100. that same $1000 bankroll for LHE would be enough for 1/2LHE. a good player's winrate at 1/2 LHE would be about 2ptbb/100 or $4/100. i know you didn't want hands, but the hands per hour is really similar.assuming you can play the same amount of tables, etc. the games are pretty comparable. however, multi tabling NLHE may be easier so that has some consideration.also, it's my opinion, that the LHE games are softer than the NLHE games online today so as you improve and move up a large winrate will still be sustainable. live, the NLHE games are probably softer.
pokerstars 3/6 limit has some pretty good players.. compared to previous years. There are many fish.. but not as many as you'd think.
pokerstars 3/6 limit has some pretty good players.. compared to previous years. There are many fish.. but not as many as you'd think.
you think the 3/6 stars LHE game is tougher than the .5/1 NLHE game? that is rich!
With everything considered, which game do you think is the most profitable for the good player.I'm talking when you include hands per hour, bonuses/rakeback and level of play.I'm thinking about concentrating on limit for about a month and come up with my own conclussion but thought i would throw it out there for some debate from good players in both games.I have played NL for far too long and don't even know if i can win at limit for a month but after watching 30/60 for awhile, It does seem pretty soft and good hands get payed off (when you don't get sucked out on)
There's your answer.And go read some books on it, its a different game, railing it means nothing

I agree with Nl being more profitable. I have played nl 90% of the time over the last 5 years.Guess just watching some really fishy 30/60 games made me think If i'm missing something :club: Still think it might be fun to sayPlay 40-80 hours each of limit, nl and plo and just compare some numbers..i know very small sample, but would be nice to see for myself.

Zach, trying to keep it quiet that you can make a nice living from limit?
Eh, either way.It's just that you can't compare 3/6 to 3/6.It's just not the same level.I only skimmed through the rest, but there's just really a lot of misinformed, perhaps naive people out there.It's not their fault, I'm sure. The poker boom brought NLHE to the world. Can't expect most people to think anything less of the "cadillac of poker".

yeaah i think its a fact NL is more profitable, LHE = less swingsHmm everyone talks about NL and LHE, does anyone actually play PLHE at higher games?