Flopped A Set, Full House On The River. Facing A Push!

partypoker NH Holdem $0.25/0.50 Blinds - 6 playersI have played about 12 hands at this table & have not been involved in a pot with the villian.Hero $44.05Villian $37.47hero is SB and holds: 5 :D 5 :) Villian is MP and raises to $1.50, folds to hero, hero calls $1.25Flop: 5 :D K :club: 9 :D hero bets $2.65, Villian calls $2.65Turn: 7 :D Hero bets $6, villian callsRiver: K :) Hero bets $15, villian raises all-in $28 approx, hero callsStandard???

partypoker NH Holdem $0.25/0.50 Blinds - 6 playersI have played about 12 hands at this table & have not been involved in a pot with the villian.Hero $44.05Villian $37.47hero is SB and holds: 5 :D 5 :) Villian is MP and raises to $1.50, folds to hero, hero calls $1.25Flop: 5 :D K :club: 9 :D hero bets $2.65, Villian calls $2.65Turn: 7 :D Hero bets $6, villian callsRiver: K :) Hero bets $15, villian raises all-in $28 approx, hero callsStandard???
Very standard call. Hard to believe he's raising to 3xBB in MP with K9 K7. If it's a set of 777s, OK, then. If it's KKKK, OK, then.

Well the only hand that i would be worried about is him having 99 or 77......If he holds that or KK i'm afraid you just have to pay him off.......This is 100% standard call at these limits

I probably would have played the hand the same way, especially at these limits. That K on the river sucks because I think we are surely beat now. I've tried mixing in c/r on the turn in these kinds of hands but, again, at these limits, if he has TPTK he's probably not folding anyway.

I probably would have played the hand the same way, especially at these limits. That K on the river sucks because I think we are surely beat now. I've tried mixing in c/r on the turn in these kinds of hands but, again, at these limits, if he has TPTK he's probably not folding anyway.
Really? I'm sorry you lost. This hand is standard
You do realize he has tptk beat right? If you ever fold 5's on that board then quit poker and play scrabble.
This is clearly an insta fold...if your last name rhymes with "Silly".
Clearly.It's 1000% more likely he made trip kings or slow played a flush than he has you beat here, imo.
You do realize he has tptk beat right? If you ever fold 5's on that board then quit poker and play scrabble.
The flat call on the flop might also be flush draw. I didn't explain that well, I might c/r on the turn to discourage a draw. That's probably a defensive play that doesn't maximize value in the long run but I hate having a set counterfeited on the river. Like I said, most of the time I would play the set like he did.

the outcome:I called the shove dreading the inevitable bad beat I was about to receive and he showed K 7 OFFSUIT...I have to remind myself that this is the kind of guy I want at my tables but it doesn't make it any easier to swallow in the shorterm.!!!!!

Standard???
Extremely, we don't play poker to fold boats. Not to mention you're getting a good price to call. Plus it's hard to put someone on 2 pair on the flop or turn since he hasn't shown much interest in the pot.About the only time I'm considering folding a boat is when the board is something like 66KKx and I have a 6 facing a lot of action.
the outcome:I called the shove dreading the inevitable bad beat I was about to receive and he showed K 7 OFFSUIT...I have to remind myself that this is the kind of guy I want at my tables but it doesn't make it any easier to swallow in the shorterm.!!!!!
Yeah...Don't post bad beats.You're never folding a full house in this spot.I'm kinda lol'ing a bit at your post above though... would you have gotten so mad if it was K 7 SUITED...? Just looks kinda funny that you had to "yell" offsuit, lol.
I'm kinda lol'ing a bit at your post above though... would you have gotten so mad if it was K 7 SUITED...? Just looks kinda funny that you had to "yell" offsuit, lol.
i lol'd at the same pointand as a defense for OP sometimes when I was newer to the game I would post a hand or talk about a hand similarly just to make me realize that I like never ever ever ever fold a boat here. never. ever. so hopefully he learned something.
i lol'd at the same pointand as a defense for OP sometimes when I was newer to the game I would post a hand or talk about a hand similarly just to make me realize that I like never ever ever ever fold a boat here. never. ever. so hopefully he learned something.
Yeah this is AK so so so so often that it's not even funny.

Craigdog, You've been around here long enough not to post crap like this. Look at the hand. Say "did I play this hand as well as I could have?" If the answer is yes, then just move on.There's no strategy to discuss here.