Las Vegas Trip Report 2 Of 2

So I get back to the Ventian poker room, and it is an awesome room and sit backdown at a $1 – 2 NL table with $300 in front of me. Table is fun with not to many decent players at it. Although I am having a good time my cards seem to be super cold at everyone of the $1 -2 tables that I have sat at, cant even make any plays because all the bad players will call you. Anyway there is this one super hot chick sitting there so I talk with her to pass the time while I grind away. After about an hour and a half, I am up like $100 and it is now about 2am. Arod and about 4 of his boys come walking back in and sit down in the small lounge off to the left of the main desk. Within 5 minutes or so they announce that they will be opening a new $5 - $10 NL game in the back salon, right next to the room where the big game is still going on, although Doyle is gone by now. They start calling names off: Alex R, Dave , Mike and a few others and then say that they have open seats available. I got like $2500 on me (entire bankroll) and decide that this is a once in a lifetime chance to hang with Arod and make some potentially easy money. I announce to my table that I am heading back to play with them and they wish me good luck. There is already 1, $5 - $10 game going and we sit in the table next to them. I sit down to the left of Arods buddy, who is very loud but did not get his name. Everyone breaks out anywhere for $1K to like $4K with me pulling out 20 $100 bills. There are like 4 other guys besides Arods friends and me so we have a full table. No sooner then I get my $2K in chips do the floor walk up and say that the other table is a must move table, the main table and that they need to keep it full, apparently someone just got up. They ask who is Adam and I reluctantly say me. I ask if I could at least play one hand, floor says no but then walks away. I ask the dealer and the other guys at the table say go ahead and deal him in. All the time Arod and his boys are talking about the deals the Yankees are going to be making to get Johan Santana. Also talking about Bill Parcel and the Fins as Arod is a Dolphin fan, one of his boys is a Jets fan and they start jawing at each other a bit. So I get dealt in and pickup QQ, heart and a spade in the cutoff spot. There is like 4 limpers so I bump it up to $50 and everyone calls, flop is KJ4 all spades and it checks around. Turn is a blank and it checks to the guy on my right who says I have nothing but am betting anyways, he lobs $150 into the pot and I make the call. River is the 4th spade and now we are heads up, het bets another $200 and I make the call with the Queen high flush and scoop up like a $500 pot. Dude asks me if I am like a pro or something and I say I just want to hang and play some cards and that I am a Yankee fan, he says good hand and they move me to the table of sharks in the 3 seat which is still pretty close to where Arod is sitting in the table next to us. I do not feel all that comfortable sitting at this table with my entire bankroll, earlier in the day is the first time that I even played at a $2 – 5 game and now here I am at the $5 – 10 game with these guys in the back parlor sitting with like $3k upwards to $8K each. I figure I will play 1 orbit around and then sneak away after my button. All the time I am still talking with Arod and the boys on the table next to me and having a great time, I even pick up a few pots and realize that I can play with these guys and that they are not that great. I even pick up a $400 pot on a nice check bluff after the flop and I am now sitting with like $3000 in front of me after playing about 20 minutes. Now the hand of my life appears, I am on the button and the pot is raised by UTG to $50, there are 2 callers and I look down at 77 and make the call, both blinds make the call and off we go to a flop of 7 8 10 with 2 clubs. Original raiser makes it $100 and get 2 callers, I play it safe and smooth call with bottom set hoping to see a safe card on the turn and then shove, 1 blind folds other calls. Turn is the case 7, giving me quads, same guy leads out for $100 and get 2 callers before I call (I should have bumped it here to $300 but wanted to give them a chance to catch up), blind also calls. River is a blank and it checks around to me and I put in a value bet of $300 (can’t believe I said value bet of $300, ridiculous). I get 2 callers and scoop up a pot of like 2K+, they all say nice hand and I am now pretty happy. A seat now opens on our table and the floor is telling Arod that he has to move to our table, he asks if he could play till his button and they say OK. Meanwhile a dude at our table is complaining that we have an open seat and it needs to be filled. I am thinking that Arod wants to play with his boys and sure enough after his button they get up and cash out. There table busts and they head on out. I get up and cash out myself after winning over $2K in less then an hour, I am now ahead for the trip, damn Spearmint Rhino and Roulette put me in the hole $1K before I ever played a hand of poker. By the way Arod was out for the soft opening of the Palazzo which is the Venetians newest property. I got to say Arod was pretty cool and a lot of fun to hang with at the tables and me being a Yankee fan is was unbelievable to play Poker and hang with him for a few hours, I never bothered to ask for an autograph or picture because I though this was much cooler then that. So before Arod leaves they check out the big game which is going on only a few feet from where we were playing, and then away they went. I cash out and go back to the $1 - $2 table where I was at before and share the story with them and proceed to give back $300. At around 6am I head back to the room and call it a night, oh yeah – big game is still going strong at $3k - $6K.Day 3Head over to Mandalay Bay for the UFC with Chuck Liddel, St. Pierre and to check out the Pats and Giants. Tickets for UFC were way to much so we watch the Gmen and Patriots in the sports book and I proceed to lose $300 taking the Pats to cover the spread. We head back to the Venetian for our last night and I sit back at the 2-5 NL table and make another $1200. 2 big hands did it for me, hit quad 4’s in a limped pot. Flop of AJ4 two hearts, bet the flop hoping someone had the ace or heart draw, got raised and smooth called. Turned the 4th 4 and the fireworks hit, poor guy had pocket JJ’s and hit his boat, scooped a pot for $1200 on the double up. One other big hand got paid with 10 10 against AA when I flopped the set and check raised the guy allin, got paid for his stack of like $500. Got to say I enjoyed the 2-5 table much more then the 1-2, better action and you actually can make some money. Final tally for the trip – up over $2500 playing poker, down $800 to the sports book, roulette and slots, down $700 to the Rhino, overall it was a great break even trip. By the way you can find me on FTP under (hotwon).

1. why in the hell did you make two threads...2. who are you... and why do you think you're cool3. dont ever post again.4. Have you ever heard of this button calld "enter" it allows one to make paragraphs thus resulting in a story that is COMPRE****INGHENSIBLE!5. I hate mean cats.

1. why in the hell did you make two threads...I felt like it2. who are you... and why do you think you're coolNo one - just like the rest of you guys/gals, have not had to worry about if I was cool or not since like the 8th grade. 3. dont ever post again.How bout you skip my posts if I ever post again.4. Have you ever heard of this button calld "enter" it allows one to make paragraphs thus resulting in a story that is COMPRE****INGHENSIBLE!Fixed it5. I hate mean cats.Hope they scrath your eyes out
1. why in the hell did you make two threads...2. who are you... and why do you think you're cool3. dont ever post again.4. Have you ever heard of this button calld "enter" it allows one to make paragraphs thus resulting in a story that is COMPRE****INGHENSIBLE!5. I hate mean cats.
Shut up moron.
Who are you??Great write up. I enjoyed both reads.

Great read...I really enjoyed your report...Its interesting to note that A Rod probably has more money than all of the players in the big game, however he chooses to play "low stakes"..That limit($5-$10) to him is the equivalent of less than 1cent-2 cent to the rest of us..Good job, hope to see you post more...

You're a dickhead.Thanks for the story, I enjoyed reading it.
you arent cool....unless u pee your pantsand vt makes him look like an ass hole in this post
Great read...I really enjoyed your report...Its interesting to note that A Rod probably has more money than all of the players in the big game, however he chooses to play "low stakes"..That limit($5-$10) to him is the equivalent of less than 1cent-2 cent to the rest of us..Good job, hope to see you post more...
PUT TOGETHER!! AINEC!

GREAT writeup! Really well-written and entertaining! Sounds like a blast.A-Rod used to be my favorite baseball player, far and away, AINEC, etc, but then he went to the Yankees and now I can't stand him :club:

• 2 weeks later...
GREAT REPORT THANK YOU!!AROD IS THE MODERN VERSION OF BABE RUTH
Besides the fact that Babe Ruth was a Pitched and Outfielder, White, Lefthanded, Drank and ate Hot Dogs like he would die if he didn't oh and won a couple world series, but besides that they are exactly alike.
[X] Piehole.[X] Shut it.Great stories, OP, and a fine write-up for those of us without ADD. Anyway, I'm going to Vegas this weekend and am sure I won't have half the time (or cards...quads twice???) you did. NP
Please create trip report 3 of 3 telling this troll to go f*ck himself.

Great writeup, good read, sounds like a blast.Just one thing (and i know this wasnt a strat post, but still), I don't think you "played it safe" by smooth-calling a half pot bet that was already called twice with bottom set on a possible straight, possible four-flush flop.