Las Vegas Trip Report 2 Of 2

Great writeup, good read, sounds like a blast.Just one thing (and i know this wasnt a strat post, but still), I don't think you "played it safe" by smooth-calling a half pot bet that was already called twice with bottom set on a possible straight, possible four-flush flop.
Actually, he's playing waaaaay out of his BR and closing the action on the hand. Do you prefer he raise to 350 on the flop, original better folds, mp smooth caller goes all in? MP now has to make a decision with a set of fours for his BR hoping the board pairs. I'm not saying this would have happened, but it was certainly possible. This is the problem with playing out of your BR. I'm like you and would like to build a pot and find out where I'm at in the hand. I get stacked there and rebuy at least 90% of the time if another player flopped the nut str8 or hits a flush and the board doesn't pair.There are always extenuating circumstances when playing poker.
Actually, he's playing waaaaay out of his BR and closing the action on the hand. Do you prefer he raise to 350 on the flop, original better folds, mp smooth caller goes all in? MP now has to make a decision with a set of fours for his BR hoping the board pairs. I'm not saying this would have happened, but it was certainly possible. This is the problem with playing out of your BR. I'm like you and would like to build a pot and find out where I'm at in the hand. I get stacked there and rebuy at least 90% of the time if another player flopped the nut str8 or hits a flush and the board doesn't pair.There are always extenuating circumstances when playing poker.
Actually I was just being nitpicky with the wording he chose, not the way he played the hand. Passive does not equal safe.I comepletely agree with you, I personally stick in a big raise here and I'm happy to go broke against a flopped straight or FD, but I can't say what I would do if I were playing way higher than I am used to. That is certainly a factor. But I wasn't trying to be like "YOU PLAYED IT WRONGZ!1" Just pointing out that the way he played it is far from what I would consider "safe".
Actually I was just being nitpicky with the wording he chose, not the way he played the hand. Passive does not equal safe.I comepletely agree with you, I personally stick in a big raise here and I'm happy to go broke against a flopped straight or FD, but I can't say what I would do if I were playing way higher than I am used to. That is certainly a factor. But I wasn't trying to be like "YOU PLAYED IT WRONGZ!1" Just pointing out that the way he played it is far from what I would consider "safe".
I don't know about you guys but I am never "Happy" when I go broke to a flopped straight or flush draw.I'll deal with it, I'll come to terms with the percentages, I may even begrudginlgly congratulate the other player, but "Happy" never.
I don't know about you guys but I am never "Happy" when I go broke to a flopped straight or flush draw.I'll deal with it, I'll come to terms with the percentages, I may even begrudginlgly congratulate the other player, but "Happy" never.
I see what you did there.When I go broke to a flopped straight or FD, I do not regret my decision to play the flop aggressively.