Fcp-pokerstars Challenge #4

Playing short handed limit it doesn't take much. About 3500 hands of 10/20 6-max gets 4000 VPP's
How many hours does that translate into of play time?
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what he's asking Bob, and I'm assuming here, is where it shows the VPP status, it still says how many we have to earn for this month being the regular rate (Ex. 1422 VPP by Dec. 31st to earn Silver status) etc. I was wondering about that myself. Is it just going to calculate later?
Let me help by trying to explain how I see it.In December: your VIP page will look like anyone else's. So:If you have earned 0-1499 VPPs this month, it will say Bronze Star.If you have earned 1500-3999 VPPs, it will say Silver Star.etc.Come January 1, you will be evaluated at the promo rates and adjusted accordingly.So, for another example, let's say you have 1567 VPP on December 31. Your page will say your status is Silver Star.When it turns January 1, it will instead say your status is Gold Star (and you will then have all the privileges of Gold).

Woo Hoo......Thanks Bob and PStars !I just made Platinum for the first time in November, so I'm covered for December. I was worried that I wouldn't get enough points this month to keep it up (I'll need some time off from poker for holiday activities). Yippee....now I only need 4,000 points this month instead of 10,000 to keep Platinum going.

Pretty sweet bonus once again, bob :club: Thx a lot!Tip for the ones that'll be making Silverstar now:Save up your FPPs for the satelites into the monthly 100k freeroll. They'll cost 130 FPP and award 1 seat for every 1300 FPPs in the prizepool.You can also buy into the 20k weekly freeroll for 100 FPPs

Hey Bob, can you check to see if I'm registered, I registered late for the Challenge #2, just wanted to see if I did it properly thanks.
You're registered so assuming that you entered your Poker Stars account name in correctly you should be good to go.

thanks Bob - job well done. Made Silver for first time last month, and on way again for this month. Looking forward to getting Gold. All we can say is THANKS :club:

thanks Bob - job well done. Made Silver for first time last month, and on way again for this month. Looking forward to getting Gold. All we can say is THANKS :club:
You'll always be gold in our books

Thanks for this opportunity! As a small stakes player I didn't expect to get a silver on PS anytime soon .and here I am past the 100 mark this month-- so maybe in Jan I'll be able to rack enough to keep it!

• 2 weeks later...

So I just got to 1500 points for the month. This is the first time I have ever tried to get any status, its definatly hard to do at the level I play with the amount of time i have to play. So next month I'll be Gold, YayyyY.My Q is do the points needed to get up to the next level happen as base points? Like to get Gold again for the month of January/February I need 4k. So do I need 4k base points or 2k? Since a Gold Star is a 2 for 1 point gain.thanks FCP and bob for this promo, it has helped my get refocused on poker with a goal in mind.

So I just got to 1500 points for the month. This is the first time I have ever tried to get any status, its definatly hard to do at the level I play with the amount of time i have to play. So next month I'll be Gold, YayyyY.My Q is do the points needed to get up to the next level happen as base points? Like to get Gold again for the month of January/February I need 4k. So do I need 4k base points or 2k? Since a Gold Star is a 2 for 1 point gain.thanks FCP and bob for this promo, it has helped my get refocused on poker with a goal in mind.
Yes, to maintain gold status you'll have to earn 4,000 VPP's which are the base FPP's.You'll be a Gold Star for the entire month of January.

Thanks for the Opportunity to move up a level. I just made my 100 points and will try to get to 1000 but at my level it's a little hard. Is there anything we need to do to verify that we made the level and how soon before we see the status change? If I am reposting these questions please forgive me. :club: Thanks for the Help.

hows everyone doin in this challenge? Im @ 1400 FPPs for the month. So close...
I got like 2500.. AND I MISSED THE #$@$#@$$#@$ Signup.I could be a goldstar right now. I curse you all and your attention to detail. :club:
Thanks for the Opportunity to move up a level. I just made my 100 points and will try to get to 1000 but at my level it's a little hard. Is there anything we need to do to verify that we made the level and how soon before we see the status change? If I am reposting these questions please forgive me. :club: Thanks for the Help.
Just look in the cashier under VIP status and it will tell you how many VPP's you have collected in December.The upgraded status you'll probably see within the first couple days of January as it will be a manual process and the person doing it I'm sure won't be working on Jan 1st.
hows everyone doin in this challenge?
This series of challenges has been great for my game. I had around ten random bucks in my PS account but I registered for the challenges and my first order of business was winning one of the $11 tourney seats in the freerolls. I withdrew, took the T$ and my ten bucks, and set out to grind out the 100 points for silver star in December. I have since run my roll up to about $80 (obv. brag post) but it has been fun and having such a small margin of error has been great for my discipline. I plan to keep it up. So, in other words...thanks FCP!

I decided to start playing 1/2 NL online because my bankroll is pretty much big enough now...perfect month start it as I am on pace for 4000 VPPs. Only 900 to go! And bonus...I've made over $1K so far this month. I for sure wouldn't have played as much as I would have without this promo, but it's good so I can see if I can be a winner at 1/2 NL online. And from here on out, I should be able to be a silver star.

Got about 500 for the month so silver is all I will get. The vip levels are real hard to acheave if your a 11-22 mtt,stt player. Back earlier this year when they had the 10 billuionth hand promo I got silver aswell but I was 4 tabling .25/.50 nl back then.

Got about 500 for the month so silver is all I will get. The vip levels are real hard to acheave if your a 11-22 mtt,stt player. Back earlier this year when they had the 10 billuionth hand promo I got silver aswell but I was 4 tabling .25/.50 nl back then.
lol thats what it was looking like for me but racked like 500 last day and a half and just got past 1500 weeeeeeeeeee me.p.s. 20 HU matches alot of them = lft neways back to 20 Hu matches lol