Very sad news. I was shocked when I saw this on Cardplayer earlier. He was a class act and will forever be known as one of the best all-around players to ever sit around a poker table, tournament or cash game. RIP Chip Reese :club:

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a sad day for poker-players everywhere.I hope i'm not sounding insensitive to Reese's passing, but do you think that this could get national coverage on network news stations? Perhaps Chip Reese's name is only recognizable to those in the poker community, but anyone who's ever watched ESPN WSOP knows who he is.
Doubt it would.I don't want to sound insensitive either, but my first Stud bracelet will be given to his family.

What a brutal way to start the day. RIP Chip. He was a true professional. He was pure class. This is a gigantic loss for the poker world, we need more people like Chip Reese in this game. My condolences to his family. They lost him way too early.

This is just an observation and it is totally justifiable because of who Chip was and this news spreading, but I just sit amazed how quickly the post count/views of this thread keep going up. Again, totally understandable and justifiable, I just never have seen anything like it before on a message board. Wish it was for a happier occasion.

My father met Chip in the bathroom at Bellagio, when he was taking a break from the big game. He struck up a conversation with Chip, and he said that he was the nicest guy in that whole room. The fact that he took time out to chat with a complete stranger showed what kind of guy he was. The poker community won't be the same without Mr. Reese.

This is just an observation and it is totally justifiable because of who Chip was and this news spreading, but I just sit amazed how quickly the post count/views of this thread keep going up. Again, totally understandable and justifiable, I just never have seen anything like it before on a message board. Wish it was for a happier occasion.
Once one of us hidden-pros find their skills and FT the WSOP ME.... just imagine. That's something for us to shoot for. If Chip Reese isn't in the Poker Hall of Fame, I don't know who would be.
Once one of us hidden-pros find their skills and FT the WSOP ME.... just imagine. That's something for us to shoot for. If Chip Reese isn't in the Poker Hall of Fame, I don't know who would be.
http://forums.twoplustwo.com/showthread.ph...924&page=15'bout halfway down, there's a short bio

Wow this is really shocking. I can't think of a classier person in the poker world, and he was only 55. Shows you how ****ed up life can be. RIP Chip Reese.

Very, very unfortunate.Still, the ending is the same for all of us- be it 57 years or 77 years, in the grand scheme, it doesn't make much of a difference.He lived his years at the absolute apex of his chosen field- pretty safe to say, his time on this earth, while not as long as we would've liked to see it, was probably better than most peoples.Still, it's a loss. Very, very fitting he won the first 50K event before his passing.RIP.

are you serious? you have more problems than whoever wrote that. it wasnt even that bad. get a grip.
You think it's alright to make a joke about something like this?Jesus. When someone dies, have a little respect.

No, it isn't OK to joke about it, but it's even worse to dignify a bunch of classless turds with a discussion about their childish, offensive actions. Best to ignore them. Don't get me wrong- I'm about the most classless SOB you'd ever meet, but there is a time and a place.

No, it isn't OK to joke about it, but it's even worse to dignify a bunch of classless turds with a discussion about their childish, offensive actions. Best to ignore them. Don't get me wrong- I'm about the most classless SOB you'd ever meet, but there is a time and a place.
Fair enough - it just pissed me off.Enough with the derail though.

I was hoping the title was short for "chip reese rips up another poker game." GG Chip, RIP. I always loved seeing him play on TV, he defiantly had style. Also, loved to hear him talk about poker and life - his thoughts always seemed so in depth and insightful.

Always one of my favorites. RIP, Chip.Doyle and Todd from the Bluff Magazine page:I have lost one of my oldest and dearest friends today. He was one of the most unique individuals I have ever known and Poker has lost one of the greats today.”- Doyle Brunson“I have lost a mentor and friend today. He was like a family member to me.”-Todd BrunsonThe Brunson family requests that they be allowed to grieve the passing of their dear friend. Funeral arrangement and donation information will be released along with an official statement in the next couple of days.