Andy Mcleod, Online Superstar, Underage

Andy: Dad, I need a copy of your drivers license to send to all the poker sites.Andy's dad: What!?!?!?!? You've been playing poker online. Don't you know that's illegal you little brat?Andy: Shut the fuck up! Here's $100K. Now gimme the fucking license.Andy's dad: Here you go son.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy: Dad, I need a copy of your drivers license to send to all the poker sites.Andy's dad: What!?!?!?!? You've been playing poker online. Don't you know that's illegal you little brat?Andy: Shut the fuck up! Here's $100K. Now gimme the fucking license.Andy's dad: Here you go son.
LOL

I dont see this as a HUGE deal. Anyone who compares this to what Sorel did is a moron. Yes, both are against the rules but it does not give someone an unfair advantage over the rest of the competition. I think Baxter said about how he felt hes grown as a person and a player since he started playing at age 15. As for myself, I started playing when I was 14 and definitely agree. I've learned how this game can change anyone. The nicest people you'll ever meet can become whiney 12 year old girls or douchebags. Unfortunately there are a ton of negatives to playing underage. I dont want to get into all the specifics but I know personally people who take their paycheck and put it into online poker and go busto time and time again. When any of my friends ask if they should play online poker, I tell them not to. If I had to do it all over again, I'm not so sure I would play poker. While there are definitely a lot of positives, there are certainly a lot of negatives. It takes a certain type of person to be able to handle everything you'll go when playing underage and most people aren't cut out for it. You don't hear about all the underage players that lose money but I guess that goes for any age.

LOLabilty. I could see my dad going along with that.
Andy's dad: Here you go son. Can I get you a beer or light your J for you?I hate that poker gets singled out, but if it's tennis, gymnastics, golf, etc... it's fine for kids to drop everything and pursue a career.
Andy's dad: Here you go son. Can I get you a beer or light your J for you?I hate that poker gets singled out, but if it's tennis, gymnastics, golf, etc... it's fine for kids to drop everything and pursue a career.
It shouldn't be for tennis, gymnastics, golf, or anything else either. I was fortunate enough to train with a number of very good junior tennis players, and for most of us it consumed our lives. Only one of us is making a living in the game, and she's doing it as a coach in a country club somewhere. Most of us stopped playing competitively after 18, effectively making all those hours on the court and all those dollars our parents threw at the game a complete waste.For every Venus/Serena Williams or Andre Agassi there are 1000 stories where the kid would have been happier doing something else and never plays again. I fear that this younger generation of online poker players are going to see the same thing - hours spent in front a computer trying to figure out the best way to play AQ in early position with dreams of becoming television superstars when they should be studying, trying to get laid, or just generally doing stupid kid stuff cruising around with their friends. For every Annette/Andy McLeod there are 1000 kids who are long-term losers at the game, or at best marginal winners who could be out doing something else with their youth.
terrible analogies

I gained even more respect for the guy when i saw his UltimateBet name was Mike HUSSEY.Gogo Andy!

terrible analogies
op you are whining, the guy deserves respect, if he's good enough to win, he should win. Just see it as a challenge to beat him
I'm not whining, never was. Shut your mouth. If you can't keep up with the conversation's in this thread, then step the F back.
I gained even more respect for the guy when i saw his UltimateBet name was Mike HUSSEY.Gogo Andy!
He's obv a big sports fan. Mike Hussey is a famous and extremely successful Australian cricketer while Andy Mcleod plays AFL football for the Adelaide Crows and is also an extremely well known player. Especially down in Adelaide where he is from.

I am in deep crap if anyone finds out my secret. Don't tell anyone, but when I am in a MTT tourney and I have to leave for a minute, I have my 12 year old son take over for me. He plays a little fast, but it is great for my image. Then I jump back in and finish the tourney.

LOL. That's awesome.Dad: "Son, WTF are you doing studying? The Nightly 15k starts in 5 minutes! And I don't want to see you playing connectors OOP, or you're grounded!"
I am in deep crap if anyone finds out my secret. Don't tell anyone, but when I am in a MTT tourney and I have to leave for a minute, I have my 12 year old son take over for me. He plays a little fast, but it is great for my image. Then I jump back in and finish the tourney.
i was at my parents a couple weeks ago with some low stakes tournaments up and went to the bathroom - had my 17 yr old brother take over. i came back, i was busted out of one i had a strong lead in but was chip leader in 3 others. as i came back, he said "these guys hate you, i shoved in with 72 and rivered three of a kind twice"
i was at my parents a couple weeks ago with some low stakes tournaments up and went to the bathroom - had my 17 yr old brother take over. i came back, i was busted out of one i had a strong lead in but was chip leader in 3 others. as i came back, he said "these guys hate you, i shoved in with 72 and rivered three of a kind twice"
they weren't respectin' my raises yo. this whole sitch is bad news for us young n' fresh ballas, fer realz.
fyi most of his names are from aussie sportsmenAndrew McLeod - footballerMike Hussey - cricketerand some of his other names are sportsmen too

i find it impressive there is kids this good so young and as long as there parents are ok with it i dont see any thing wrong with it really but thats my opinion.id rather my kid play poker rather than go out and sell crack n get cought ..

i find it impressive there is kids this good so young and as long as there parents are ok with it i dont see any thing wrong with it really but thats my opinion.id rather my kid play poker rather than go out and sell crack n get cought ..
So it's ok if he sells crack as long as he doesn't get caught?