From CNNhttp://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/29/children....d.ap/index.htmlHOFFMAN ESTATES, Illinois (AP) -- The mother of a 9-year-old boy and 3-year-old girl who were fatally stabbed more than 100 times each inside their suburban Chicago home was charged Friday with two counts of first-degree murder, authorities said.Gun control wouldn't stop that one
nope. no matter what you do, you will never take all the nuts out of the world. but you can at least try to limit what they have to work with....
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question.What do Canadians care if guns are legal in the US?
I'm afraid an american will break into my house... man, I gotta get a gun, I'm in danger, red alert on CNN, a 747 is about to hit my house, I need to protect myself...But I don't blame the Americans, I blame their government, the illusion of fear is powerful.
thats how bush won the election. " uh oh, the terror alert is at yellow, better re-elect me cause i have no problem pushing the button"
Incorrect sir! The war on terror was 1 reason why Bush was re-elected. Maybe the big one...hard to say. However, there are 200 other reasons why people voted for him over Kerry, certainly not just because of the war. The conservatives have more values than just focusing on the war on terror. Come on...you know that.
oh cmon you know that all the polls had iraq, the war on terror, and terrorism as the biggest issues on the minds of americans, and were all the topics that bush continually kept burying down everyone's throats. and i agree about kerry as well, that was just a horrible choice for a democratic nominee. if i were a voting american, that would have been the election of who i wasn't voting for, rather then who i was voting for.
Heh. Forgive me but I don't put much stake in polls of any kind. I can get a poll to say anything I want it to. All about the wording of the question. And your second paragraph is why I think Bush won. Kerry had nothing going he was just hoping to win because "everyone hates Bush". Apparently he was mistaken.
I'm afraid an american will break into my house... man, I gotta get a gun, I'm in danger, red alert on CNN, a 747 is about to hit my house, I need to protect myself...But I don't blame the Americans, I blame their government, the illusion of fear is powerful.
thats how bush won the election. " uh oh, the terror alert is at yellow, better re-elect me cause i have no problem pushing the button"
Incorrect sir! The war on terror was 1 reason why Bush was re-elected. Maybe the big one...hard to say. However, there are 200 other reasons why people voted for him over Kerry, certainly not just because of the war. The conservatives have more values than just focusing on the war on terror. Come on...you know that.
oh cmon you know that all the polls had iraq, the war on terror, and terrorism as the biggest issues on the minds of americans, and were all the topics that bush continually kept burying down everyone's throats. and i agree about kerry as well, that was just a horrible choice for a democratic nominee. if i were a voting american, that would have been the election of who i wasn't voting for, rather then who i was voting for.
Heh. Forgive me but I don't put much stake in polls of any kind. I can get a poll to say anything I want it to. All about the wording of the question. And your second paragraph is why I think Bush won. Kerry had nothing going he was just hoping to win because "everyone hates Bush". Apparently he was mistaken.
yeah the guy had as much charisma as a petifile at a PTA meeting. and, for me personally, his wife creeped the hell outta me. they botched that one, thats for sure.
Stop arguing with this Chester moron. I have met hatful left wing idiots like him before and he won't stop being an ass no matter how wrong he is proven to be. The censored can't even find his shift button.I'm done.
You keep saying proven wrong......You haven't proving anything about anything.......Saying Hateful left wing idiots is probably the most hateful thing anyone has said in this forum (you might find something else if you look really hard, but you get my point...don't find something and then purport to say you have proven me wrong...I know your right wing limbaugh tactics...just kidding, mostly)........Also, I forget who said it, but we did play a role in Saddam being the leader of Iraq. We backed him as a Sunni leader to lessen Shiite/Iranian influence in the region......
Why did the US go to war with Irak and Afganistan? Apparently, to protect their citizens opressed by terrorist dictators.So, why did the US stay home in 1994 during the Rwanda genocide, weren't millions of citizens worth protecting? You think more Afghans and Iraquies were killed under Ben Laden's and Hussein's regim? Not even close! But these people were worth being protected by the holly American Army. Coincidently (sorry for the spelling) there's no oil in Rwanda, hmmmm, bizarre....Give me a break! There's gotta be something more behind it, don't you think?
Iraq (yes Iraq, not Irak) and Afghanistan were under Bush's watch. Rwanda was during the watch of the spineless and liberal Mr. Clinton. Rwanda also did not pose a threat to US (and by extension Canadian) security. Terrorists based in Afghanistan with ties to Iraq and other countries harbouring muslim extremists became more than just a threat on Sept 11. They became a reality. Bush is dealing with them. Too bad Clinton didn't see fit to deal with bin Laden during his 8 years in office...bin Laden was a known threat to his administration. As far as Chester's comments about us not need to live under the US umbrella of military might, etc....there is a little thing called the Mutual Defense Treaty, of which Canada and the US are a part of. An attack on one is deemed to be an attack on the other. If downtown Toronto got bombed tomorrow....the US would step in as though we were their own. I'm embarrassed to say our government cannot hold up their end of the bargain. Actually I'm embarrassed about a whole lot of things regarding the current Canadian government (you notice that little thing about the 2 billion dollar liberal governemt ADSCAM scandal darksung? ...there's your boys at work for you).
Yeah, Chester, COME ON. They've got to stop gay people who love each other from getting married, they need to stop teenagers from knowing how to protect themselves when (yes, when) they have sex... Oh, and they have to stop the POOR kids who get pregnant (after having sex and not knowing any facts about it) from having an abortion, while THEIR daughters take a jet to Amsterdam to get one. They need to maintain a dependence on Middle East oil by creating tax breaks for people who drive Hummers, even if they are destroying the air we breath, oh, and speaking of taxes... You know what? Can I borrow one of your guns, DeNuts so I can SHOOT MYSELF??

Anyone remember this south park????"If you dont like AMERICAN, you can geeeeet out"Classic.Also, I believe not only that private citizens should be allowed to carry guns, but also that they should have the right to carry grenades, double barreled machine guns, and samauri swords.Because, there is of course only way to protect oneself from deadly weapons:deadLIER weapons!

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Anytime something bad happens in the world everyone looks to America. We had to help in the Balkans when it is clearly Europe's backyard. We went to the horn of Africa as well. No oil to be had here. Instead of asking why the US couldn't do anything in Rwanda couldn't we ask why the UN couldn't stop it. The US has more than taken on its fair share of bad people with no payoff and no thanks.
Maybe the US should permanently stay home. Let's switch to a non-interventionist foreign policy. If we had adopted such a tactic in the post WWII era or if you want the post Cold War era, we wouldn't be having one quarter of the problems we're having today.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Anytime something bad happens in the world everyone looks to America. We had to help in the Balkans when it is clearly Europe's backyard. We went to the horn of Africa as well. No oil to be had here. Instead of asking why the US couldn't do anything in Rwanda couldn't we ask why the UN couldn't stop it. The US has more than taken on its fair share of bad people with no payoff and no thanks.
Maybe the US should permanently stay home. Let's switch to a non-interventionist foreign policy. If we had adopted such a tactic in the post WWII era or if you want the post Cold War era, we wouldn't be having one quarter of the problems we're having today.
So aiding Japan and Germany to rebuild, and tearing down the Berlin wall....that caused terrorists attacking your country in 2001? I must be missing a key point of your logic here. Enlighten me.
Well, look, if you've been personally tramatized by an incident of this type, then I certainly have no right to tell you you don't need a gun.
Do you have the right to tell anyone that they don't need a gun?Well, yes. Free speech and all that. But should other people have the power to decide for the rest of us that law abididng citizens shouldn't have the right to own a gun?I think people should have the right to decide for themselves the best way to defend themselves. If a six foot six, 350 pound truck driver thinks he needs a good to protect himself, his loved ones, and his property, then that's his business...just as it should also be the business of a 98 pound woman who just find out the restraining order she obtained against her abusive ex wasn't enough to keep him from beating the crap out of her. It's just not our place to tell another law-abiding citizen what the "acceptable" ways to defend themselves are. If they misuse their guns, then they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and lose their right to own one. Unitl then, it should be their call. Not mine, not yours, and not the government's.
So aiding Japan and Germany to rebuild, and tearing down the Berlin wall....that caused terrorists attacking your country in 2001? I must be missing a key point of your logic here. Enlighten me.
Well let's see...1) Who trained Bin Laden? The CIA. Why? Because it would help stymie the Soviets in a backward dirt patch known as Afghanistan?2) Why does the current regime in Iran hate us? Because we backed a brutal despot knon as the Shah.3) We spent the decade of the 80s supporting Sadam Hussein. Why? Because he was at war with Iran. Those chemical weapons attacks, that they tried to use to raise our fears and anger? Coordinated by the CIA. Those weapons plants? Well there was this guy who helped set the deal up - his name? Donald Rumsfeld.4) Why do we feel the need to keep military bases in Saudi Arabia?Do you want me to keep going. If you give me enough time, I can find countless examples of how this chronic interventionism by the United States government has been a long-term loser.
Well let's see...1) Who trained Bin Laden? The CIA. Why? Because it would help stymie the Soviets in a backward dirt patch known as Afghanistan?2) Why does the current regime in Iran hate us? Because we backed a brutal despot knon as the Shah.3) We spent the decade of the 80s supporting Sadam Hussein. Why? Because he was at war with Iran. Those chemical weapons attacks, that they tried to use to raise our fears and anger? Coordinated by the CIA. Those weapons plants? Well there was this guy who helped set the deal up - his name? Donald Rumsfeld.4) Why do we feel the need to keep military bases in Saudi Arabia?Do you want me to keep going. If you give me enough time, I can find countless examples of how this chronic interventionism by the United States government has been a long-term loser.
Oops, I forgot you are a conspiracy researcher.Ok well, I don't think you addressed your original point on post WWII intervention (rebuilding of Japan and Germany into 2 of the strongest economies in the world), or post cold war intervention (the Berlin wall coming down was a good thing)....but....as to the rest....1) The US did arm the resistance.... long before bin Laden arrived, with SAMs...trained them in Pakistan...which was in the throes of the Cold War, ... it was in the US and world's best interests to slow Soviet expansionism (which was their publicly announced objective...world domination). 2) The Shah was the lesser of 2 evils vs. the Ayatoylla....Iran was far more stable and modernized under the Shah...after the Ayatollah gained power, Iran became an isolated third world country with a failing infrastructure, and the world leader in state sponsored terrorism.3) Yes the US backed Iraq against Iran, with the Soviets backing Iraq to an even larger degree....to contain the extremist fundementalist movement in Iran. Iraqi weaponry is primarily Soviet. The weapons plants were built by the Soviets in the 70's and early 80's. CIA coordinating chemical attacks?...need a little hard evidence there for that claim. 4) Military bases in Saudi...to protect Israel (you against that too?) and keep a military presence in a very unstable part of the world.Postscript...The US intervened in the Balkans, to aid the muslims...in a clearly European or UN problem, because neither of them had the balls to stop the genocide being perpetrated there....The US leads the world in food aid and financial aid to the Palestinians...yet they dance in the streets at the news of American deaths....etc, etc.