Will criminals always have access to guns even if they are illegal?  YESWill law abiding citizens have weaponry to use against criminals?  NOOutlawing guns is -EV for law abiding citizens
i agree to a point...i still dont see why certain assualt rifles are legeal for private citizens to own.. i own a few handguns,i have a daughter so they are stored correctly..i dont feel the need to own an uzi or ak47,i dont get the need for ppl to own them unless they are in the military
I understand what you're saying and almost want to agree with you BUT what does an assault rifle do that a hunting rifle won't? I've purchased 75 round clips for hunting rifles. I mean they aren't selling fully autos anymore. You need a class 3 license for something like that. I still agree with you that I don't know why someone has a need for an assault rifle.
Why do we need cars that go 100 miles and hour?Why do we need alcohol?Why do we need motorcycles?Why do we need pools?Why do we need cigarettes?Why do we need fatty foods?All these things kill more people than guns, why don’t you outlaw them first?
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will criminals always have access to guns even if they are illegal?  YESWill law abiding citizens have weaponry to use against criminals?  NOOutlawing guns is -EV for law abiding citizens
You can say what you want, the problem his, if daddy has a gun and the kid grows up seeing a gun, he will more likely use a gun than a Canadian or Swedish, or whatever other civilized country's kid who's never seen one. The American culture manufactures criminals. If they've never seen a gun, they wont be inticed to get one and start shooting people.
Now that's funny. I am so glad that Canada and Sweden and all the other civilized country's have solved the crime problem. We'll have to start watching your news programs to see how peaceful life is everywhere else.
I seriously invite you to watch a news program from Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver. Did you know that Ottawa averages about 3 murders a year. Yes, 3. Actually, most of the murders we hear about on TV are about US and Irak, which are, I must say, closely related. Life IS more peaceful in Canada and Sweden it's a fact. (I don't know why I brought up Sweden, I guess it's because this country offers more free social services than any other in the world)And I'll bring something up that might not be directly related, but I think it is in some way. The USA is one of the only "developped" countries in the world not offering free health care. This means, everything is related to power and money, even your own health. This is the American culture. A culture that produces more crimes than any other country in the world. It's a fact.
i agree to a point...i still dont see why certain assualt rifles are legeal for private citizens to own.. i own a few handguns,i have a daughter so they are stored correctly..i dont feel the need to own an uzi or ak47,i dont get the need for ppl to own them unless they are in the military
I understand what you're saying and almost want to agree with you BUT what does an assault rifle do that a hunting rifle won't? I've purchased 75 round clips for hunting rifles. I mean they aren't selling fully autos anymore. You need a class 3 license for something like that. I still agree with you that I don't know why someone has a need for an assault rifle.
Why do we need cars that go 100 miles and hour?Why do we need alcohol?Why do we need motorcycles?Why do we need pools?Why do we need cigarettes?Why do we need fatty foods?All these things kill more people than guns, why don’t you outlaw them first?
Why do we need people writing all their posts in bold?

I think the issue of whether or not you support someone's right to own a gun has a lot to do with the environment you grew up in. I have lived in a medium sized midwestern city for about six years and don't personally own a gun and feel safe enough in my neighborhood that I don't need one. But for the first 17 years of my life I lived in the middle of nowhere miles from the nearest little hick town. We didn't even have 911 service. My dad has plenty of hunting guns and when I was young I found my dad's bed side hand gun. I left it alone because he educated me about guns. Thinking back I'm glad he had those guns around. If someone broke into our house, the cops are going to take at least 30min to get there if they're not busy and you were fortunate enough to get to a phone. That's enough time for an armed robber to do pretty much anything he want to an unarmed victim: take all your shit, rape the women, kill the witnesses. And thinking that violent crime doesn't happen in rural American is just ignorant. Meth is a cancer that has spread like wildfire thoughout rural america and those people are so addicted and so messed up on that stuff that they really will do anything they need to get money. I know guns are dangerous but I'll probably get one someday. I just hate the idea of some criminal being able to take away everything that's precious to me just because I was too afraid to defend myself with deadly force.

A gun in the home also increases the likelihood of an unintentional shooting, particularly among children. Unintentional shootings commonly occur when children find an adult's loaded handgun in a drawer or closet, and while playing with it shoot themselves, a sibling or a friend. The unintentional firearm-related death rate for children 0-14 years old is NINE times higher in the U.S. than in the 25 other countries combined.
I could see how the presence of a gun in a home could increase the odds of a shooting. What a dil.do
Just quoting the statistics, man. Unlike most of the posts, including yours which is purely opinion, in this thread this one is pure stats from Brady campaign.orgAnd you're a prick.
Quoting the Brady folks won't get you any brownie points from me. You might as well be quoting MeinKampf.Hey while your at it get some quotes from that liar Michael Moore to prove your point.
Proven by whom? I don't understand the hate for Brady. He was shot defending your right wing guy (Reagan) and now the right just hangs him out to dry because he doesn't like being shot in the head by random people with access to guns........

"This is the American culture. A culture that produces more crimes than any other country in the world. It's a fact."Such a blatantly wrong statement proves that anything you say is subject to doubt. Heck it brands you to be a moron.

Why do we need cars that go 100 miles and hour?Why do we need alcohol?Why do we need motorcycles?Why do we need pools?Why do we need cigarettes?Why do we need fatty foods?
This is easy for the most part.Alcohol, pools, cigarettes, fatty foods - all only kill someone if they CHOOSE to partake. I have yet to be ambushed by a french fry in a dark alley.Cars and motorcycles kill most of the time due to accident.Guns kill, most of the time, because of a concious choice of the owner to use it in a violent manner (keeping accidental shooting deaths aside).Not at all the same thing.Dev

It all boils down to the government overstepping its bounds.IMHO The federal gov't should be in charge of national defense, and protecting our borders...thats friggin it.Leave all other issues such as retirement plans, gun control, abortion, ect. Where they rightly belong, the STATES.

A gun in the home also increases the likelihood of an unintentional shooting, particularly among children. Unintentional shootings commonly occur when children find an adult's loaded handgun in a drawer or closet, and while playing with it shoot themselves, a sibling or a friend. The unintentional firearm-related death rate for children 0-14 years old is NINE times higher in the U.S. than in the 25 other countries combined.
I could see how the presence of a gun in a home could increase the odds of a shooting. What a dil.do
Just quoting the statistics, man. Unlike most of the posts, including yours which is purely opinion, in this thread this one is pure stats from Brady campaign.orgAnd you're a prick.
Quoting the Brady folks won't get you any brownie points from me. You might as well be quoting MeinKampf.Hey while your at it get some quotes from that liar Michael Moore to prove your point.
Proven by whom? I don't understand the hate for Brady. He was shot defending your right wing guy (Reagan) and now the right just hangs him out to dry because he doesn't like being shot in the head by random people with access to guns........
Who said I hate Brady? I am not to fond of his wife. If you want I will provide page after page of documents proving that the studies they conduct are stacked, biased and totally unscientific and the data so corrupted and incorrectly used that anything they say has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Surely you people asking if anyone has ever succesfully defended them self against a criminal with a gun are joking. Aren't you?Crime rates in countries with gun bans have increased across the board. Not really sure what all the fuss is about.

Why do we need cars that go 100 miles and hour?Why do we need alcohol?Why do we need motorcycles?Why do we need pools?Why do we need cigarettes?Why do we need fatty foods?
This is easy for the most part.Alcohol, pools, cigarettes, fatty foods - all only kill someone if they CHOOSE to partake. I have yet to be ambushed by a french fry in a dark alley.Cars and motorcycles kill most of the time due to accident.Guns kill, most of the time, because of a concious choice of the owner to use it in a violent manner (keeping accidental shooting deaths aside).Not at all the same thing.Dev
Many children die in accidental drowning in pools and I am sure they didn't chose too.And accidents caused by drunk drivers kill a lot of innocent people who didn't choose to partake.And how about second hand smoke.

I am sure the Brady statistics ARE slightly skewed and I am also sure any statistics you show me by the NRA will be even more heavily skewed. Do you really think there would be less violence in the U.S. if every single person had a gun on them at all times? Really?

It all boils down to the government overstepping its bounds.IMHO The federal gov't should be in charge of national defense, and protecting our borders...thats friggin it.Leave all other issues such as retirement plans, gun control, abortion, ect. Where they rightly belong, the STATES.
THIS is a good point. Why do the others need to make EXCUSES for NEEDING guns? Well put.
 I seriously invite you to watch a news program from Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver.  Did you know that Ottawa averages about 3 murders a year.  Yes, 3.   Actually, most of the murders we hear about on TV are about US and Irak, which are, I must say, closely related.  Life IS more peaceful in Canada and Sweden it's a fact. (I don't know why I brought up Sweden, I guess it's because this country offers more free social services than any other in the world)And I'll bring something up that might not be directly related, but I think it is in some way.  The USA is one of the only "developped" countries in the world not offering free health care.  This means, everything is related to power and money, even your own health.  This is the American culture.  A culture that produces more crimes than any other country in the world.  It's a fact.
Are you smoking crack?? Do you live in Canada or even know what your talking about? I live in Calgary Canada and we have had 12 homicides here so far this year...not alot by the standards of a large American city...but certainly alot more than 3 per year!! If you are trying to assert that we are some sort of crime free utopia...you need to get your facts straight. And by the way, a good number of the 12 homicides were shootings...and there have been 1,858 reported assaults so far this year in Calgary alone, which include discharge of a firearm. My point is, you seem to have some sort of idealistic vision that Canada is virtually free of serious crime due to the fact that handguns are illegal. Your facts are way off base.
I am sure the Brady statistics ARE slightly skewed and I am also sure any statistics you show me by the NRA will be even more heavily skewed.  Do you really think there would be less violence in the U.S.  if every single person had a gun on them at all times?  Really?
Why is it that you say Brady stats are slightly skewed and NRA are more heavily skewed? Showing your bias aren't you? The NRA takes great pains to use data from outside sources and the US government. They are meticulous about footnotes and references. They know that every stat they put out will be gone over with a fine tooth comb by the anti-gun media, while everything that Brady and HCI says is trumpeted out without any research."Do you really think there would be less violence in the U.S. if every single person had a gun on them at all times? Really?" Of course not. What a ridiculous statement. Common, you can do better than that.
I seriously invite you to watch a news program from Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver. Did you know that Ottawa averages about 3 murders a year. Yes, 3. Actually, most of the murders we hear about on TV are about US and Irak, which are, I must say, closely related. Life IS more peaceful in Canada and Sweden it's a fact. (I don't know why I brought up Sweden, I guess it's because this country offers more free social services than any other in the world)And I'll bring something up that might not be directly related, but I think it is in some way. The USA is one of the only "developped" countries in the world not offering free health care. This means, everything is related to power and money, even your own health. This is the American culture. A culture that produces more crimes than any other country in the world. It's a fact.
Are you smoking crack?? Do you live in Canada or even know what your talking about? I live in Calgary Canada and we have had 12 homicides here so far this year...not alot by the standards of a large American city...but certainly alot more than 3 per year!! If you are trying to assert that we are some sort of crime free utopia...you need to get your facts straight. And by the way, a good number of the 12 homicides were shootings...and there have been 1,858 reported assaults so far this year, which include discharge of a firearm. My point is, you seem to have some sort of idealistic vision that Canada is virtually free of serious crime due to the fact that handguns are illegal. Your facts are way off base.
Also, 90% of home robberies in the US occur when nobody is home compared to 50% in Canada. Why is that? Because a criminal in Canada doesn't have to fear being shot by a legally possessed firearm.
Will criminals always have access to guns even if they are illegal? YESWill law abiding citizens have weaponry to use against criminals? NOOutlawing guns is -EV for law abiding citizens
You're right They're wrong, Let them deal with it.