Official Kyle Wellwood Thread

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sound of your voice is still ringing in my ears "have you heard of Kyle wellwood"

Posted Images

Question to Canuckleheads:Any reports on how the pending Sundin addition to the lineup will affect Kyle Wellwood???Will he get more/less icetime??Will he rekindle the PP magic he had with Mats in Toronto??How will the lines look??

Funny thing from dobbler about Kyle Wellwood, might explain the too-many-men."As I'm browsing the papers I read an interesting article in the Vancouver Sun (of which I write for - every Tuesday in the sports section). I guess the players have a problem telling the Sedin twins apart, occasionally resulting in two players jumping onto the ice when one of the twins come off. Kyle Wellwood did this on the weekend, hopping on the ice when Daniel Sedin came off - except Wellwood was to replace Henrik. Kind of funny and interesting..."

Question to Canuckleheads:Any reports on how the pending Sundin addition to the lineup will affect Kyle Wellwood???Will he get more/less icetime??Will he rekindle the PP magic he had with Mats in Toronto??How will the lines look??
Mats is on line with Wellwood and Raymond. does that answer your question
Funny thing from dobbler about Kyle Wellwood, might explain the too-many-men."As I'm browsing the papers I read an interesting article in the Vancouver Sun (of which I write for - every Tuesday in the sports section). I guess the players have a problem telling the Sedin twins apart, occasionally resulting in two players jumping onto the ice when one of the twins come off. Kyle Wellwood did this on the weekend, hopping on the ice when Daniel Sedin came off - except Wellwood was to replace Henrik. Kind of funny and interesting..."
The press conference with Vigneault talking about this was hilarious.
LOL never thought of that but it's a legitimate mistake. can't they just make one of the twins put something on their helmet or shave?
LOL never thought of that but it's a legitimate mistake. can't they just make one of the twins put something on their helmet or shave?
lol..this is why they wear those huge numbers on the jerseys.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Kyle leads the NHL in shooting %, maintaining a 26.4 s% right now.
shame that he hasn't done anything in a while. I'm pretty much obligated to sign him for 5 years anyway...
  • 2 weeks later...

The no penalty streak is over. He must have accidently high sticked a player on the bench as he was coasting around the perimeter.http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=267586"Wellwood's high-sticking penalty in the first period ended a string of 159 games without a penalty for the Vancouver forward. It had been three seasons since Wellwood was last in the penalty box, a minor penalty he took on Apr. 11, 2006 versus Florida... "

The no penalty streak is over. He must have accidently high sticked a player on the bench as he was coasting around the perimeter.http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=267586"Wellwood's high-sticking penalty in the first period ended a string of 159 games without a penalty for the Vancouver forward. It had been three seasons since Wellwood was last in the penalty box, a minor penalty he took on Apr. 11, 2006 versus Florida... "
from that same article his coach throws him under the bus...
"I thought I had an empty net but somehow he was able to reach back and stop it right on the goal line. That's definitely the best save I've ever had to deal with," said Wellwood."I've seen that kind of thing in road hockey but to do it in a game like he did there was pretty impressive."While players on both teams talked in awe about that play after the game, Vancouver coach Alain Vigneault had a different take."Kyle got what he deserves, I mean he is not bearing down and had an open net. He's shooting the puck two miles an hour. You have to bear down, you have to put your full weight into it and you have to shoot it," said Vigneault. "Obviously it looked like the goalie made a big save, but the player didn't have a great attempt."

Wow AV just ripped Welly in his post game interview.A reporter asked him about Kipper's save on Wellwood and AV was like: "Ya Wellwood got what he deserved. He shot the puck at 2 miles an hour and he was stopped. If he was not lazy and shot it hard he would have scored."Obviously I paraphrased because I don't have the actual quote but this was the gist of what he was trying to say. Blake Price was surprised though and he said AV was being a little harsh on Welly.AV also said Demitra and Sundin were not good tonight but Kesler made all the plays happen.EDIT: Here is the actual quote: “Kyle got what he deserves,” Vigneault said. “I mean, he is not bearing down and had an open net. He’s shooting the puck two miles an hour. Obviously it looked like the goalie made a big save, but the player didn’t have a great attempt there.”

Wow AV just ripped Welly in his post game interview.A reporter asked him about Kipper's save on Wellwood and AV was like: "Ya Wellwood got what he deserved. He shot the puck at 2 miles an hour and he was stopped. If he was not lazy and shot it hard he would have scored."Obviously I paraphrased because I don't have the actual quote but this was the gist of what he was trying to say. Blake Price was surprised though and he said AV was being a little harsh on Welly.AV also said Demitra and Sundin were not good tonight but Kesler made all the plays happen.EDIT: Here is the actual quote: “Kyle got what he deserves,” Vigneault said. “I mean, he is not bearing down and had an open net. He’s shooting the puck two miles an hour. Obviously it looked like the goalie made a big save, but the player didn’t have a great attempt there.”
I feel like I may have posted this 40 minutes before this was posted...I'm not sure if there's a record of it or anything though. :club::ts
Where was he serving all those bench minors? :club:
wellwood def did not deserve to get ripped into like that, he got the puck up with a good amt of speed behind it, what more can you ask, kipper just make a ridiculous save
He deserved it because he hasn't scored in forever. Plus he only has on assist in 14 games. Shoot it hard and its in.