Official Kyle Wellwood Thread

Nothing like scaring the shit our of a guy by sending him down and not even wanting him to play on the Manitoba Mouse. Heard him talking on local radio about realizing that he would have to have one or two good seasons in the minors to get another shot at the show if he blew this opportunity. Apparently he was not looking forward to riding the Iron Lung in the A.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sound of your voice is still ringing in my ears "have you heard of Kyle wellwood"

Posted Images

Big night coming for Kyle.
with the injuries to Kobasew,Kariya and Sakic.Wellwood is the OT player for the Mustangs..Its coming 3 goals and an assist
with the injuries to Kobasew,Kariya and Sakic.Wellwood is the OT player for the Mustangs..Its coming 3 goals and an assist
Apparently he's been moved to the 2nd PP unit. He thought the puck was a glazed doughnut and hogged it too much. The Sedin's were not happy and had him removed.
3 goals and an assist in just 5 games..I think he also wanted to impress his old buddy Mats last night who was watching the game.If they can get the old Wellwood back , he would be deadly with the Sedins.insert fat joke here....Candidates for fat joke include gruven, dale, Brian, and Zach
If I ever meet him I will kick him in the chins.
love this guy lol thank you Demitra for getting injured
you should also thank the 29 other dummies(Don Cherry quote) for passing on this guy..TWICE
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kyle Wellwood is currently on a 134 game streak without taking a penalty..The last time he took a penalty was April 11, 2006 http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/pobox...e.cgi?H20051172Its hard to find but it is believed that the NHL record is held by Val Fonteyne:185 games: 3/3/1965 - 12/1/1968157 games: 2/8/1970 - 4/2/1972Where he has the top 2 streaks.....Its important to note that this was way before the new obstruction penalties were implemented, also diving and lets not forget the silly puck over the glass penalty.Consider this the offical jinx, and penalty for Wellwood coming next game.

Its also interesting to note that the Leafs had 53 shots that game and Mats Sundin had 4 goals and Joe Nieuwendyk had a hat trick..Nieuwendyk is now in the Leafs front office...The goalie that night was Roberto Luongo, who is now the goalie and the captain of Kyle Wellwood...We are closing on 3 years now since that last penalty..The infraction:High Sticking.

Considering his style of play, that is actually a really good stat. The only penalties he would be taking are those maddening Henrik Sedin style hooking penalties, so it shows he is usually in good position. I guess it also shows no coach ever uses him in the defensive zone, but on this team that is ok.

Also another remarkable stat is that he is a PLUS 5...Considering he has 6 PP goals being a plus 5 player and not taking any penalties is very impressive...

12 goals for the Well man.....Still no penalties...I might start a pool on when Wellwood gets his next penalty...

Are you going to write an e-mail to Kyle also?Dear Kyle,I'm been a huge fan of yours ever since you became a Leaf. Now that you're not in the organization anymore, I still support you but I'm sorry to say that you're aren't the best player ever anymore. That title now belongs to Grabovski. The reason for the e-mail is that I wanted to know which is better; the whopper or the big mac?

TOO MANY MAN ON THE ICE....Served by Wellwood..WTF..does the penalty actually get charged to him..if so..WOW , what a run he had

Too Many Men is a bench minor, not a players penalty.
Yes i realized after i poste..phew..I guess they wanted Kyle to see what the inside of the box looked like... :club: