Boston Celtics

Anyone think they will win less than 49 games? If the 3 stars stay healthy, I cant imagine them not winning 49. thoughts?

Before the pre-season I would have taken under because the Nets and Raptors are good teams that theoretically could reach 49 each as well. The east has improved somewhat too. After pre-season and seeing those three together... I'd still take under just because those 3 are old and the team is see-through. I don't think its unfair to gamble on an injury to one of those 3 at some point. The growth of the young teams in the east like the Bulls, Raps and Gilzards* will be the difference.*I just made that up now. Spread it.

The first year the Heat got Shaq, they set the line way too low (like 52). I bet on that as quick as possible. Thinly veiled brag (+1000 thank you). I honestly like the Celts to go over. Garnett is a throwback. He plays every night like it is the playoffs. Very rare.....it has been suggested that it might even be a bad thing as he tires during the playoffs. I think Pierce is energized playing with talent. If the Big 3 stay healthy, I like them to win 53 games.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly don't give a fuck about what anybody thinks about what degree of Celtics fan I am. Why the fuck would it matter to you anyway? No, I'm not going to spend $200 to watch a shitty team. If thats a fair weather fan then I'm fair weather Celtics fan...no apologies here. If you don't like it then go fuck yourself. Seriously...suck my cock.Oh and this is what I wrote after the KG trade...

When I was a kid the Celtics were my favorite team in sports. I became aware of them in the late 80s right after they peaked in 86 with the original big 3. I was 7 years old in 86. I remember many nights listening to Johnny Most call the games on the radio. Larry Bird was on the decline but he still had flashes of his former brilliance. I remember McHale and Parish and Ainge and DJ. Those were the glory days. For me the Celtics died when Reggie Lewis died. The last 14 years (with the exception of the best Walker/Pierce year) have been horrible. They've gone from being one of the best franchises in sports to being a place where the best players do not want to go.This trade gives me hope....something I haven't really gotten from this team for a long time. Now for the first time in a very long time I am looking forward to the start of the NBA season. Thank you Danny Ainge and Kevin McHale...again.
I honestly don't give a fuck about what anybody thinks about what degree of Celtics fan I am. Why the fuck would it matter to you anyway? No, I'm not going to spend $200 to watch a shitty team. If thats a fair weather fan then I'm fair weather Celtics fan...no apologies here. If you don't like it then go fuck yourself. Seriously...suck my cock.
Why so defensive? You think your fanhood is being questioned?Well guess what pally, it is.

Anybody remember that movie with Dan Akroyd and Damon Wayans where Larry Bird is like "I hate you fair weather fans"You're making Larry Bird angry. Don't make Larry Bird angry.Last years team wasn't shitty. Al Jefferson was incredible and fun to watch and an all around nice guy much in the vain of Kevin Garnett. Not in style but in work ethic.They just lost a bunch and tanked for Oden. If they had scrapped hard like Portland did maybe they'd have been in Portland's spot of the lottery. The whole thing was pretty ironic and great at the time, really.Also, don't blame Kevin McHale (well blame him but I have a point coming here) blame the Sonics for not demanding Al Jefferson for Ray Allen. That trade was so bad for both teams it just made no sense at all. Without Garnett that's a perimeter team with Perkins as your star inside guy. McHale is still stupid for making the trade but he got a great big man out of it and those are hard to come by.

They say that KG is playing like a beast unleashed but I wonder if he can keep that attitude up all season.
Ever watch KG play before? He played that way for years on shit teams in Minn, game after game, year after year. No doubt he'll be able to keep this up all year, unless he breaks something,