I Got Centre Ice

I was planning on holding out a bit before I got one.I was looking at the plans, but I don't have the slightest clue how much data I'd actually need or use.Our networks aren't as good here either, as far as I know. You guys can pretty well get wireless internet anywhere with the iPhone, right? I know we have a LOT of dead spots.
might want to hold out, yeah. AT&T's coverage is pretty sick, but here in kansas you are still going to find dead spots if you aren't on an interstate or in a town.
Canadian Iphones dont have the same capabilities as the US ones. They are restricted use..... unless you get someone to unlock it... I'm sitting on the Blackberry Bold...
I didn't know this. here in the US, you can't use your iphone as a modem with your laptop unless you jailbreak it.. and even then, it's against the terms of service. blackberry will continue to win until the iphone can handle tethering.
  • Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here in the US, you can't use your iphone as a modem with your laptop unless you jailbreak it.. and even then, it's against the terms of service. blackberry will continue to win until the iphone can handle tethering.
I've heard of cases where people have gotten $25,000 bills from Rogers & Bell b/c of doing that!
I've heard of cases where people have gotten $25,000 bills from Rogers & Bell b/c of doing that!
such insanity. and I thought cell phone companies were awful here...

DO the sports pack zach I promise you won't be sorry. I also got the new Iphone, the 30 dollar data plan is more than you would EVER need even if you never use free wireless for the month. The only way you could ever use more than 6 gigs in a month is if you watch non stop youtube movies or something. 30 bucks for pretty much an unlimited data plan is good enough imo, esp considering how much they gouged people up here before the iphone.

I'm seriously considering center ice now that I have boys to watch over.
I told my wife the same thing the other day. Wait until the first week of the season because they usually let it run free for a week and lower the price. I almost got it last year but for sure will get it this year.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For anyone with the CI package and HDTV, how often are games broadcast in HD?I recently (finally) got an HD box, now that I'm in Ottawa, and, well, regular definition makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

For anyone with the CI package and HDTV, how often are games broadcast in HD?I recently (finally) got an HD box, now that I'm in Ottawa, and, well, regular definition makes me want to gouge my eyes out.
There is usually one or two games a night on HD...Once you watch a game in HD, it really sucks to watch in regular.
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know where to find what's going to offered this year? I may get it through my cable but I might just be interested in going the NHL Center Ice Online package.

Anyone know where to find what's going to offered this year? I may get it through my cable but I might just be interested in going the NHL Center Ice Online package.
Did you have it last year?
not sure what you mean by whats offered??They show 99 percent of all the games not available in your local market. Unless you mean the HD games?
Did you have it last year?
Yes I did. My cable company didn't offer NHL Center Ice yet...and I'm actually not sure if it's available in my area yet this year. I used to have crappy Adelphia Cable but they were bought out by Comcast. Adelphia was so bad that Comcast has spent the last 2 years upgrading their equipment around town before they can offer true Comcast service.
Mr. Molinari has some answers for you.
Yep that's what got me interested. But I can't find any better information than that. I've gone to the NHL.com website and clicked on Multimedia --> NHL Center Ice Online. A box pops up and when I go to sign up it says, "Center Ice Online can not be accessed from within your broadcast region."
not sure what you mean by whats offered??They show 99 percent of all the games not available in your local market. Unless you mean the HD games?
Ya I had it last year...HD would be cool but that wouldn't really help since my computer monitor isn't HD. I've read that NHL Center Ice online is 50% off if you also have the package through your cable company but I haven't been able to get prices or any other information besides the link from Zach.
Yes I did. My cable company didn't offer NHL Center Ice yet...and I'm actually not sure if it's available in my area yet this year. I used to have crappy Adelphia Cable but they were bought out by Comcast. Adelphia was so bad that Comcast has spent the last 2 years upgrading their equipment around town before they can offer true Comcast service.Yep that's what got me interested. But I can't find any better information than that. I've gone to the NHL.com website and clicked on Multimedia --> NHL Center Ice Online. A box pops up and when I go to sign up it says, "Center Ice Online can not be accessed from within your broadcast region."Ya I had it last year...HD would be cool but that wouldn't really help since my computer monitor isn't HD. I've read that NHL Center Ice online is 50% off if you also have the package through your cable company but I haven't been able to get prices or any other information besides the link from Zach.
I'm not sure about the specifics with your cable company but I have Bell ExpressVu and my CI is automatically renewed every year unless I opt out.
I'm not sure about the specifics with your cable company but I have Bell ExpressVu and my CI is automatically renewed every year unless I opt out.
Yeah I forgot about that, almost flipped out when I saw my last bill.
I wasn't clear...I only had the online package last year. So it didn't have anything to do with my Cable company.I just got off the phone with my Cable company and they said the Early Bird special for NHL Center Ice was $149. I'm also inquired about a general sport package for $6/ month that would include NHL, NFL, and NBA networks. Fox Sports College (Atlantic, Central, and Pacific), BTN?, CBS College, and Sportsmen Channel (hunting/fishing?).I also asked about adding a 2nd Digital Cable Box for my bedroom so I'd be able to watch everything there and not have to worry about hogging the living room when my roommates couldn't care less about hockey. That would cost me another $18.90/month.All in all I'm looking at a one time payment of $150 and an additional $25/month for all that. Considering my cable bill is only $30/month right now that's pretty good. Both basic cable service and cable internet are included in my rent.
http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/index.html ... looks pretty awesome but once again I can't find any prices. Obviously I'm looking at the gamecenter live part. NHL GameCenter is a free experience providing all visitors with the following features: * Real-Time Stats * Play by Play Game Tracker with in-game highlights * Live chat * Home and away radio broadcasts of nightly gamesCenter Ice Online is now GameCenter Live - a subscription product offering everything GameCenter does, plus: * Up to 40 games a week of live TV quality games online * Multi Game View - Watch 4 games at once * 3 Inside the Glass Camera Angles for select games called "The Game of the Night" * Complete access to the REPLAY Game Archive without blackouts
this looks super cool..be interested in how much they charge.
I send them an email asking for as many details as they could give me. I'll post them here when I get the response.