I Got Centre Ice

I hate it. You can't see enough of the ice and it feels like I'm watching the Blair Witch Project at times.
I didn't like it either. There were far too many camera cuts to really see the play develop.I love the end camera for powerplays, but I don't like it when they follow the play all the way to the other zone with that camera.
  • Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like it either. There were far too many camera cuts to really see the play develop.I love the end camera for powerplays, but I don't like it when they follow the play all the way to the other zone with that camera.
I agree, used in moderation it could be a cool feature, and if the user had control over the camera view I'd absolutely love it. As is, not so much.

Does anybody out there get TSN2?I can't find the Penguins game on Center Ice tonight, and I'm assuming it's because TSN2 is carrying it... and obviously that's bullshit since Rogers doesn't carry TSN2...Sometimes I wish the Penguins would just ****ing suck so the national networks I can't get would stop picking them up and I could actually ****ing watch their games.

Does anybody out there get TSN2?I can't find the Penguins game on Center Ice tonight, and I'm assuming it's because TSN2 is carrying it... and obviously that's bullshit since Rogers doesn't carry TSN2...Sometimes I wish the Penguins would just ****ing suck so the national networks I can't get would stop picking them up and I could actually ****ing watch their games.
You made me look because I know I used to get it. Found this:I received the following from Rogers in response to my query:In your recent email, you inquired as to why you are uanble to receive the TSN2 channel.We regret to inform you that TSN has decided to remove their Alternate Feed (Rogers channel 401) and it is no longer available on the Rogers Cable Network. We can understand that not being notified can be an inconvenience and we do apologize. TSN offered this channel to Rogers on a trial basis. To provide feedback, we suggest you visit www.tsn.ca or contact TSN directly at 1-416-332-5000.Concerning TSN2, we do not have any information at this time on whether this channel will be broadcasted on the Rogers network. We do appreciateyour interest and suggest that you continue visiting www.rogers.com for updates.We hope we were able to assist you. If our e-mail did not completely answer your questions or you would like further assistance please feel free to contact us again at www.rogers.com.http://forums.rogershelp.com/pun/viewtopic...&action=new

Rogers is such a joke.Either way, I don't see how this can't be on Centre Ice just because Rogers won't carry the channel. They don't carry Fox Sports Pittsburgh and we still get those games, on occasion.Nasty phone call on the way.

I got the standard run around. I mean, there's nothing the guy on the phone can do, but whatever. He says they only show games on stations Rogers carries, which obv doesn't make sense or why would we get Avs games on Altitute, etc. He says they are "in talks" to bring in TSN2. For some reason they don't show the TSN2 games on Centre Ice even though the whole point of Centre Ice is to show games that you can't get via your normal ****ing cable providers, since they don't carry TSN2, which is just circular ****ing logic which makes no sense. I told them it's also on Versus and he tells me they don't carry VS, I said I know, I watched the Washington/Vancouver game on Versus last night though, blah blah blah.Nothing we can do, obv. Hopefully they add TSN2 soon.

This really is ridicolous about TSN 2 not being available on one of the largest cable providers in Canada...I got so pissed off when i got an email from TSN to promote this channel , when i cant even get it..Bullshit if you ask me....I would love to see the Flyers bury the Penguins today....The stupidity of not having it on Centre ice is just total lunacy.

This really is ridicolous about TSN 2 not being available on one of the largest cable providers in Canada...I got so pissed off when i got an email from TSN to promote this channel , when i cant even get it..Bullshit if you ask me....I would love to see the Flyers bury the Penguins today....The stupidity of not having it on Centre ice is just total lunacy.
Yeah man. It's the most retarded ****ing thing I've ever heard.It's obvious Rogers isn't adding TSN2 because it competes with RSN.I think we should either phone Rogers on a daily basis whining for TSN2, or contact the CRTC and see if Rogers not adding the channel is in some sort of anti-trust, monopoly type breach. I don't think that is that far fetched.

the part i dont get is, why i cant have it on Centre ice, if I dont have it on my local channels..It really is mind boggling.

Yeah dude, it's ****ing ridiculous. We pay for CI to get games we can't get from the rest of the channels available from my provider. The game tonight is not on a single channel available on Rogers Ottawa. Now, TSN2 carries like 40 games this year, we don't get any of them? It's ****ing horse shit. Naturally, the Penguins get 6 of those games, including some I'd obviously like to watch, like vs Philly, vs Detroit. It's ****ing bullshit.

i guarantee you i will have this stupidity overturned....i am not going to miss 40 games that i should be getting.

wow that sucks guys about TSN2. We get versus and every Sharks game is aired. Also on Comcast Sports net they show other NHL games even when the Sharks aren't playing. So I get to see all kinds of games. The weird thing is that hockey's popularity out here is almost non existent outside of San Jose but you guys are the home of hockey.

I'm just catching up to all this bs, but I cant believe that I can currently watch: Rice vs Memphis, womens college soccer Canadian Football game from 1990 Live Horse Racing yet I can't watch an NHL hockey game. wow, where do I live again? If you guys find a place to write/call, let me know, Im in. bullshit.

Here is a copy of the email I just sent to TSN. I will be writing a similar one to the NHL.Hi there,I am not sure if I have the right department, however I am very upset with this issue and hoping you can help. I am an avid TSN watcher since the day you came onto the airwaves. I was recently excited to hear that you will be launching TSN 2 as an alternative source to view more games. My excitement turned into dismay when I found out that TSN2 is not available in my area. I live in Toronto and I am a Rogers Cable subscriber. Living in the largest market in Canada and subscribing to one of the largest cable companies out there, you would assume that I would be able to get TSN 2. I am a huge hockey fan and also am a subscriber of NHL Centre Ice. Since TSN 2 covers about 40 games a year, these games are blackout in my area since they are on TSN2. Its ludicrous that a game is blacked out because of TSN 2 when I cant even get TSN 2. As you see there is no logic to this problem.I understand that Rogers is your competitor and they have a competing sports channel, however the consumer is the one getting hurt. I have also forwarded an email to the NHL as well.Thanks