*** Official Blackhawks Thread ***

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Bollig87: You think @88PKane's stick handling video was good, check out my version. Much better.   http://t.co/BuZZ8wOq8X   Boller?

I like you guys, but please stop calling him Kaner.   Thanks.  

so how am I supposed to talk about Penner without Bob making fun of me?

Blackhawks sign Taves, Kane and Keith long termThis team will be good for a long time
Keith is very good, but that is a huge, long contract. Almost as long as Dipietro. I don't have as much an issue with big contracts for guys like Hossa, because the main risk there is injury, which is covered by insurance. I'm not as confident in such a huge, long deal for someone with only a couple years of great play. I don't see it happening, but there are a lot of defenceman who become inneffective barely into their 30's. Maybe Keith's camp insisted on a very long deal for him to be willing to sell his first years of arbitration, but that just seems too long.
Keith is very good, but that is a huge, long contract. Almost as long as Dipietro. I don't have as much an issue with big contracts for guys like Hossa, because the main risk there is injury, which is covered by insurance. I'm not as confident in such a huge, long deal for someone with only a couple years of great play. I don't see it happening, but there are a lot of defenceman who become inneffective barely into their 30's. Maybe Keith's camp insisted on a very long deal for him to be willing to sell his first years of arbitration, but that just seems too long.
WOW thats a freakin' crazy long contract for a guy like Keith.
Well you also have to imagine that the cap will be higher in 5-6 years.
Im always suprised when people dont get the obvious upside to a long term deal. Yes, Keith might break his leg and never play as well again.Yes, Keith might not be as good as MOST think he is.But then again, if he is this good, imagine how underpaid he probably will be when he is 30yrs old, and still a stud D.And the good thing is, Chicago will have him locked up without having to concern themselves over him leaving.Add the fact that there is inflation, that in spite of Bettman hockey will grow+prosper, and that this also takes Keith out of all his UFA years....then its a great deal for Chicago.ps- The cap will be higher next year, and the year after, and the year after that.
Im always suprised when people dont get the obvious upside to a long term deal. Yes, Keith might break his leg and never play as well again.Yes, Keith might not be as good as MOST think he is.But then again, if he is this good, imagine how underpaid he probably will be when he is 30yrs old, and still a stud D.And the good thing is, Chicago will have him locked up without having to concern themselves over him leaving.Add the fact that there is inflation, that in spite of Bettman hockey will grow+prosper, and that this also takes Keith out of all his UFA years....then its a great deal for Chicago.ps- The cap will be higher next year, and the year after, and the year after that.
Hell, I love long-term deals. Professional athlete salaries are pretty inflationary. There is absolutely zero evidence to support it, but I do feel like hockey salaries are at least close to peaking, unless the sport starts gaining popularity in the States.Keith is 26. An 8 year deal takes him through his prime years, at a reasonable and manageable cap hit. Sure, he might suck, but I doubt we can find many guys as good as Keith who have started to suck between the ages of 27-31.So why 13 years? Unless Keith's camp would only accept a deal like that, and not something 6-8 years long, then I think there is a mistake.Unless Keith is Blake, Bourque or Niedermayer, they will be overpaying him by the end of his contract. That's all I'm saying. I'm normally a big fan of these long-term deals, for several reasons. I can't wait for the Leafs to lock Kessel up to a 15-year deal :club:
I can't wait for the Leafs to lock Kessel up to a 15-year deal :club:
I'm pretty sure Burke has been quoted as saying the REALLY long deals are stupid and tha he would neve sign a player to one. I could be wrong tho
I'm pretty sure Burke has been quoted as saying the REALLY long deals are stupid and tha he would neve sign a player to one. I could be wrong tho
That's probably a good thing, otherwise we could be looking at twin 9-year deals for Jamal Mayers and John Mitchell.
Yeah, same. Really messes up what could have been a really good game between two red hot teams.
That game was not what I expected at all. Playoff feel right from the drop. Niemi looked good again, playing aggressive. Game could have gone either way.
That game was not what I expected at all. Playoff feel right from the drop. Niemi looked good again, playing aggressive. Game could have gone either way.
Yeah, it was a really good game. Niemi was the reason the Pens didn't win, IMO. Although the Hawks had their fair share of chances, I thought the Pens could have scored a half-dozen goals in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Great game to watch though.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Boy they're scary good.
FYP.Don't want to jinx them... it's a long season.They are playing some amazing hockey.
TruthSo much fun to watch this team grow up and DOMINATE so quickly