Sportsbetting

Unless I'm misinterpreting... Wild +225 has to be by 1.5+ points right? That's not a straight up bet, is it?
Yeah, apparently it is by 1.5+ points. How annoying.
  • Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, apparently it is by 1.5+ points. How annoying.
Yeah, so my original point was that pezeveng, the dude that seems to know the most about sportsbetting, well, next to troyomac, says that the +1.5 bets is a big -EV thing, cuz most of the games are 1 goal games.
Yeah, so my original point was that pezeveng, the dude that seems to know the most about sportsbetting, well, next to troyomac, says that the +1.5 bets is a big -EV thing, cuz most of the games are 1 goal games.
It's safe to say that I know the least and should be parroting gruven the most. That is why I took the over on goals in chi/tor... which is now at 3 :club:
It's safe to say that I know the least and should be parroting gruven the most. That is why I took the over on goals in chi/tor... which is now at 3 :club:
Well, don't confuse hockey with gambling.... I just know hockey. I dont know much about good lines, bad lines, etc..... I pick games solely on having some insight to what might happen. I might be totally ripping myself off on the betting lines
What the heck? I hardly know anything. I just like to gambool! Everyone listen to pezeveng, he sounds like he knows what he's talking about.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you take a team +1.5, you would win the bet if that team lost by one, or won the game. If you took a team -1.5, then you'd only win if that team won by 2 or more. So it's not like if it's a 1 goal game nobody wins.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you take a team +1.5, you would win the bet if that team lost by one, or won the game. If you took a team -1.5, then you'd only win if that team won by 2 or more. So it's not like if it's a 1 goal game nobody wins.
Ya, that's prolly right.But it's always like +200 for the team to win by 1.5+, and -180 for the team to cover the spread, so it's pretty bad odds for the team to cover.
Ya, that's prolly right.But it's always like +200 for the team to win by 1.5+, and -180 for the team to cover the spread, so it's pretty bad odds for the team to cover.
Well yeah, but for good reason. Essentially giving a team a 1 goal head start is a pretty big advantage, and shouldn't get good odds.Maybe it is a ripoff, but to me it just seems like the odds fit each side of the bet, and if you're going to be on either side you just need to be aware of why the odds are the way they are, just like any other bet.
Chicago over Toronto +175 for $10.Chicago/Toronto OVER 5.5 -140 for $10Pittsburgh over Washington -110 for $10Atlanta over Tampa Bay +160 for $10Edmonton over Calgary +185 for $10Tor/Chi OVER 5.5, Chi over Tor, $5 pays $18.57Ott, Pit, Buf, Ana to win, $5 pays $52.49
Made about $26 today.
Please ship my ten percent to....... Kiddding.. congrats on the win!
I'm liking the Colorado payout for today...... I think they're due to break out, and Minny is due for a let down game..... $10 to win $22.50...
4. Don't try ending a streak ride with it for as long as its a streak obviously there is a reason for the streak. There is no such thing as he or a team is due in sports nobody is ever due. Col was due to lose 14 games ago they're still winning.

I agree, I was looking at that one last night.Minny with back to back games, Colorado has been playing goot, coming off a loss of their own, I think they'll bounce back strong.$20 to win $24.

Yeah, that's gambling theory, riding the streak, and I'm certainly not arguing with it. But I like Colorado based on having watched the way they're playing, as well as the way Minny is playing, and having some info on some players who are less than 100%. I think Minny is probably still the favourite, but I do like Colorado's chances, and with the big payout, it makes sense to me..

Yeah, that's gambling theory, riding the streak, and I'm certainly not arguing with it. But I like Colorado based on having watched the way they're playing, as well as the way Minny is playing, and having some info on some players who are less than 100%. I think Minny is probably still the favourite, but I do like Colorado's chances, and with the big payout, it makes sense to me..
whats the deal with gaborik gruven? why hasnt he been scoring?
whats the deal with gaborik gruven? why hasnt he been scoring?
I don't know for sure, but I've heard that he's fighting a tendinitis type injury, or some kind of muscle strain, and they figure he can play through it. I think it has to be something upper body or arms, because he looks strong on his skates...
The gruven parrots got their money in good tonight despite the result, IMO.
I'm not unhappy with making that bet..... I believed Colorado had a good chance to win that game, and it came down to a tie game with a couple of minutes left in the third. I would RATHER have won it.... LOL.... but when you're close, you at least know you were on the right track.... which beats the hell out of bettibg blindly

ok, my bets for this evenings games:-£20 laid on the under 5.5 on the nucks/flames game @ 1.68 (wins £29). Nucks on the second leg of back to back games, flames offense has been pretty good. Could be a decent bet.-£20 on the Canadiens @ 1.72 moneyline. Boston are far too short a price for this game, even coming of a shutout against NYR so the value certainly lies in backing the habs.thus far i'm 4/8 with a £74.30 profit on the season.

ok, my bets for this evenings games:-£20 laid on the under 5.5 on the nucks/flames game @ 1.68 (wins £29). Nucks on the second leg of back to back games, flames offense has been pretty good. Could be a decent bet.-£20 on the Canadiens @ 1.72 moneyline. Boston are far too short a price for this game, even coming of a shutout against NYR so the value certainly lies in backing the habs.thus far i'm 4/8 with a £74.30 profit on the season.
The Canucks arent playing the Flames tonight....I really like the Boston /Montreal under