Sportsbetting

I missed the early games tonight, but I'm gonna go with Brian's site on this one:

Los Angeles +1.80 over CALGARY PINNACLEWe’re not going to pick and choose which games we play when it comes to wagering against teams coming home from a trip. We’re either going to play them all or play none of them but we choose the former. Calgary returns home from a tough four-game stretch that saw them play in Detroit, Dallas, Nashville and Colorado and that, my friends, is a tough quartet. The Kings, despite a rough start this season, are definitely going to carry some value with them for most of the year. They’re capable of pulling a bunch of upsets because they’re absolutely loaded with young talent and the proof is in the pudding. They’ve already beaten the Ducks and in their last game they defeated the last remaining undefeated team in the league, the Minnesota Wild. The Flames are a very tough team to beat, especially at home but both the situation and price is enough incentive for us to step in. Overlay. Play: Los Angeles +1.80
$15 on it, and I actually got it at +190.
  • Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made 8 bets tonight. The Bruins winning is my only win so far. I need the Detroit game to be over 5 goals, and Cleveland to win the ball game. Pretty sure after I lose the rest of my money on sportsinteraction that I'll never deposit again. ( Although, I've said that before)

I made 8 bets tonight. The Bruins winning is my only win so far. I need the Detroit game to be over 5 goals, and Cleveland to win the ball game. Pretty sure after I lose the rest of my money on sportsinteraction that I'll never deposit again. ( Although, I've said that before)
i know you are a great poker player...dont let sports be your big leak....
i know you are a great poker player...dont let sports be your big leak....
No I won't. I'll quit betting for sure once this deposit's gone. It'd be nice if it lasted longer, but when I go 2-6, then 1-8 in back to back nights...it's a little harsh!

Big turnaround night for me. Thanks to everyone for the Thrashers heads up. I also took Boston because of advice in this thread, and I went with the over on LA vs Calgary (5.5) because I couldn't imagine the under occurring.

Big turnaround night for me. Thanks to everyone for the Thrashers heads up. I also took Boston because of advice in this thread, and I went with the over on LA vs Calgary (5.5) because I couldn't imagine the under occurring.
Lol at you taking Boston because of me. I know shit about hockey, and suck at betting, but glad I could help! :club:
Lol at you taking Boston because of me. I know shit about hockey, and suck at betting, but glad I could help! :club:
It wasn't all you, I like how they are playing so far. I just added Lucic in the FCHL. From now on you are my Lucic guy, keep an eye on him and make sure he scores as well as fights.
It wasn't all you, I like how they are playing so far. I just added Lucic in the FCHL. From now on you are my Lucic guy, keep an eye on him and make sure he scores as well as fights.
He rocked a guy in a fight tonight. He's really been playing a tough physical game. Very impressive for a 19 year old.
He rocked a guy in a fight tonight. He's really been playing a tough physical game. I am very impressed by his rippled crimson body and hope to bed him next time Bos. is in Toronto
Fyp:P

hit all 3 of mine as well the leafs under was in doubt but I learned in sports betting a long time ago things always even out. Mon-Ott over and the Thrashers always bet the team with the new coach its been a system Ive used for years. Remember guys lay off the -1.5 Iam talking from years of experience in this.

Honestly, I think it's probably +EV to bet against the Pens all season.I love them, but I think the books are probably overrating them a bit. For now, at least.I do expect the Pens to come out hard, and be a lot more disciplined tonight, though.

Nothing on the board I like tonight so it will be my second day off this week. Iam trying to qualify for the EPT Bahamas trip online made it to step 5 back down to step 3 again.I will give you guys some advice for sports gambling not to sound like a know it all far from it Iam still learning after all these years but these are some key things I have learned.1. Most important bankroll management. No one game should ever make you or break you, if you have $1000 in you account your avg bet should be $25-50. Decide on a unit per play and than bet 1 or 2 of these units on each game, very confident with the bet place 2 units semi confident place 1.2. Don't ever bet the entire board choose your top 2 or 3 bets betting all games is a rookie mistake and hinders your chances of making a profit.3. Dont bet the -1.5 in hockey and in baseball most games end in 1 goal games (baseball this year 32%) so 1/3 of the time your winning bet becomes a lose. There is a reason why there is such a large payout difference between the moneyline and the puckline.4. Don't try ending a streak ride with it for as long as its a streak obviously there is a reason for the streak. There is no such thing as he or a team is due in sports nobody is ever due. Col was due to lose 14 games ago they're still winning.5. Winning streak losing streak, or vise versa. This has made me a tonne of cash in hockey and in baseball when a team wins moer than 6 or loses more the six once the streak is over go the opposite route bounces start going their way or bounces start going against them. I will keep an eye on this come Dec its too early right now.6. Parlays Iam not a big fan of parlays as its a day killer. Say I have 3 picks and go 2-1 but I also parlayed all three I turned a winning day into a losing day. Multiply that over 300 days in which I gamble and thats alot of cake. Sure the days you hit you're boss but overall not worth it imo.7. Finally its okay not to bet, just because its on tv don't put money on a game you really have no feel on. In order to succeed at this you have to take a professional approach and one of the hardest thing to do is laying off and not being a degenerate.So there you have it folks feel free to edit or add things on here that you have learned. Its not hard to make money its just hard to have discipline.

Anybody like Carolina to beat Pittsburgh at +115? Carolina is 4-1-1 this year, and 3-1-0 on the road, while Pitts is 2-3-0 and 1-2-0 at home.Also LA over Vancouver at +200 seems too good to pass up. Is it?
Vancouver has had 4 days off to simmer and be pissed off about how they blew Monday's game against San Jose. They have been working on their defensive zone coverage, hopefully it works. I would probably stay away from that bet.Also, LA's goal tending and team defense is just bad.

Just to show you that being a good guy pays off much better than being a dick, serge..... because you gave the guys a break on the games played clause of that bet, I will extend the same on our Dustin Penner bet. What goes around, comes around....

I went one for two last night. I hit the under on the leafs game, and missed the habs w over the sens. Still turned a profit for the evening tho. Good call on the Thrashers game, but I still wasn't sold on it myself. Perhaps I should have been! There's nothing out there right now that's screaming for my money for tonight, but we'll see later on..

my parlay for the dayCol. Under 5.5Carolina Ov. 6.5 (i think that the score sheets are really going light up tonight!)Kings/van Ov 5.5 like someone said, fired up after dwelling on a bad loss for 4 nights, and the kings Goaltending is always suspect...i look for lots of stat padding here)I'm off to start a new job! later all

Just to show you that being a good guy pays off much better than being a dick, serge..... because you gave the guys a break on the games played clause of that bet, I will extend the same on our Dustin Penner bet. What goes around, comes around....
Thanks I appreciate that..By the way pezeveng makes some very good points...But I am a degenerate and have to bet a ton of games...the thing with me is i will bet like $2-$5 on a game...Even though i can afford to lose a lot more...Its fun..I dont treat sports betting like I do poker where i am there to make money...I know I should though...I really like the Buffalo/Columbus over 6 at +105 tonight..Also like Carolina over Pitts as the wrong team is favoured there...

Tonight is looking a lot better for me. I had Columbus, Chicago, Carolina, and over on the Car-Pitts game. Since I had Columbus and Chicago pretty much locked up (hopefully Chicago doesn't blow it now, they were up 3-0) and I had the over locked up, so I decided to gamble on LA beating Vancouver. 5 for 5 night, one time!