No way he ends up in the Lou
I beg to differ. My cousin heard from a friend of the brother of the principal owners gardener that they were gonna offer Arod and that Arod wanted to play in St.louis so he could beloved, its as good as done.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cross posted from MFY thread.

Soooo, apparently A-Rod is resigning with the Yankees for a ten year deal worth ~$270m + huge incentives. I guess it got overshadowed by the Bonds indictment and also I think Gay-Rod hasn't officially signed it yet, but it sounds like a done deal, yes?
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/arti...change_stripes/

Why do people keep insisting that he's staying in New York at a discount?2007 salary $25.2 million2008 salary $27.5 millionjust because he didn't get the $350 he was looking for doesn't mean the Yankees got a discountthe last I checked he's going to make an extra $2.3 million per year for the next 10 years

Why do people keep insisting that he's staying in New York at a discount?2007 salary $25.2 million2008 salary $27.5 millionjust because he didn't get the $350 he was looking for doesn't mean the Yankees got a discountthe last I checked he's going to make an extra $2.3 million per year for the next 10 years
Indeed....and it certainly won't feel like a discount to the Yankees. Adding his 27.5M to the payroll also adds 11M in luxury tax.

I think they completely overpaid. 200 million over 10 years should've gotten it done. Unless some rogue GM stepped in, I don't think the market bears 20 million a year salaries anymore. Then again, its just a guess, I'm not a MLB GM, anymore

I think they completely overpaid. 200 million over 10 years should've gotten it done. Unless some rogue GM stepped in, I don't think the market bears 20 million a year salaries anymore. Then again, its just a guess, I'm not a MLB GM, anymore
I'm pretty sure at least 6-7 teams would pay 200 mill for 10 for arod
I think it was Bob Costas I heard talking about this, and how it will tarnish his image when he does get those bonuses. I really don't have a problem with it, but Costas (or maybe Chris Myers, I dunno) point was it makes it look like he is breaking the records for the money.
I think it was Bob Costas I heard talking about this, and how it will tarnish his image when he does get those bonuses. I really don't have a problem with it, but Costas (or maybe Chris Myers, I dunno) point was it makes it look like he is breaking the records for the money.
he was going to break them anyway
  • 2 months later...

Costas is always on his soapbox about preserving the integrity of the game and the history. I don't like him for that. He was against the wild card as well. He's a midget, but I like him at times. He just pontificates too much for my tastes.

Costas is always on his soapbox about preserving the integrity of the game and the history. I don't like him for that. He was against the wild card as well. He's a midget, but I like him at times. He just pontificates too much for my tastes.
I actually like what he has to say, and I thought his book "Fair Ball" was well written. I honestly believe he would make a great commissioner.
I actually like what he has to say, and I thought his book "Fair Ball" was well written. I honestly believe he would make a great commissioner.
Like I said, I like a lot of what he says, but I think he's too stubborn and opinionated to be commish. He romanticizes baseball a little too much to be commish. He's fine where he's at. also, all this HGH witch hunt stuff is laughable. If it wasn't for the hallowed records of baseball, nobody would care about the juice, just like in football. It's hypocrisy at it's finest. I detest it. Juice, whatever.

Not to diminish that Pedro has done, I just want to comment on some of the cirsumstances that led to his spectacular 2000 season.In 1998 the Tampa Bay Devil Rays were expanded in the American League, in the very division the Boston Red Sox were in, Pedro Martinez' team. INN HIT RUN ER BB SOMartinez W (2-2) 5.0 8 3 3 1 4 May 5thMartinez 4.0 6 3 3 0 6 Aug 14Martinez W (15-4) 9.0 1 0 0 0 13 Aug 2918INN 15 Hit 1BB = .875 WHIP 6 R = 3.0 ERA 23K = 11.5K/per 9INNI'm not saying one way or another how I feel about his season from these stats, although against the expansion team they were slighly worse then his average against the rest of the league average.