Zomg Sexiest Flop Ever

This guy isn't a big fan of folding..He's been pretty aggressive..In a previous hand, he min raised pf from EP with blinds at 75/150..I called out of the SB, flop was 9 2 3, 2 hearts..He bet 300, I called..Turn was a 6, I checked, he bet 750, I made it 2100, he made it 3700, I foldedComments appreciated on all streets..I was trying to get him pot stuck by cold calling, and checking the turn since he has been so aggressive..At that point on the turn, are you shoveling it, min raising it, or calling?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP1 (t14900)MP2 (t10565)CO (t45320)Button (t4880)SB (t22455)BB (t6825)Hero (t12865)UTG+1 (t14995)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Qclub.gif, Kclub.gif. Hero raises to t900, 3 folds, CO calls t900, 3 folds.Flop: (t1975) Jclub.gif, Tdiamond.gif, 9club.gif(2 players)Hero bets t1200, CO raises to t2400, Hero calls t1200.Turn: (t6775) 8heart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets t3000, Hero ?

I'm not sure it matters what you do on the turn, he seems pretty happy to double you here, but... I don't like flat calling because we have to act first on the river. Lead the river and we might lose him if the club comes, check the river and he might check behind. I actually like the check minraise here. It makes us look like a donk and gives him outstanding odds to call. (Or more likely reraise us all in) Make him think he's outplaying us.

no this was the sexiest flop ever.PokerStars Game #12437074206: Tournament #63116052, $3.00+$0.25 Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2007/10/04 - 17:30:56 (ET)Table '63116052 1' 6-max Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 2: the bearfish (5525 in chips) Seat 4: I)esperaI)o (3475 in chips) the bearfish: posts small blind 100I)esperaI)o: posts big blind 200*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to the bearfish [9h Qh]the bearfish: raises 400 to 600I)esperaI)o: calls 400*** FLOP *** [Kd Td Jd]I)esperaI)o: checks the bearfish: bets 1000I)esperaI)o: calls 1000*** TURN *** [Kd Td Jd] [6c]I)esperaI)o: bets 200the bearfish: raises 3725 to 3925 and is all-inI)esperaI)o: calls 1675 and is all-in*** RIVER *** [Kd Td Jd 6c] [7c]the bearfish said, "lol"*** SHOW DOWN ***I)esperaI)o: shows [Ad Qd] (a Royal Flush)the bearfish: shows [9h Qh] (a straight, Nine to King)the bearfish said, "wowwwwwwwwwwww"I)esperaI)o collected 6950 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 6950 | Rake 0 Board [Kd Td Jd 6c 7c]Seat 2: the bearfish (button) (small blind) showed [9h Qh] and lost with a straight, Nine to KingSeat 4: I)esperaI)o (big blind) showed [Ad Qd] and won (6950) with a Royal Flushoh wait no it wasnt wtf was that!!!!!!!!!

no this was the sexiest flop ever.PokerStars Game #12437074206: Tournament #63116052, $3.00+$0.25 Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2007/10/04 - 17:30:56 (ET)Table '63116052 1' 6-max Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 2: the bearfish (5525 in chips) Seat 4: I)esperaI)o (3475 in chips) *** FLOP *** [Kd Td Jd]I*** RIVER *** [Kd Td Jd 6c] [7c]the bearfish said, "lol"*** SHOW DOWN ***I)esperaI)o: shows [Ad Qd] (a Royal Flush)the bearfish: shows [9h Qh] (a straight, Nine to King)the bearfish said, "wowwwwwwwwwwww"oh wait no it wasnt wtf was that!!!!!!!!!
lol.. That's a pretty sick cold deck HU. Only had a royal flopped on me once HU, got it all in PF with QQ vs. AQ clubs, and he flopped the royal. It didn't even really sting. Heck it didn't even sink in for me until the next day.

Id try to get it all in on the turn. You may lose your market if a club falls on the river and there is always the chance that hes drawing to the nut flush, and youd rather chase him if you can.

This guy isn't a big fan of folding..He's been pretty aggressive..In a previous hand, he min raised pf from EP with blinds at 75/150..I called out of the SB, flop was 9 2 3, 2 hearts..He bet 300, I called..Turn was a 6, I checked, he bet 750, I made it 2100, he made it 3700, I foldedComments appreciated on all streets..I was trying to get him pot stuck by cold calling, and checking the turn since he has been so aggressive..At that point on the turn, are you shoveling it, min raising it, or calling?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP1 (t14900)MP2 (t10565)CO (t45320)Button (t4880)SB (t22455)BB (t6825)Hero (t12865)UTG+1 (t14995)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Qclub.gif, Kclub.gif. Hero raises to t900, 3 folds, CO calls t900, 3 folds.Flop: (t1975) Jclub.gif, Tdiamond.gif, 9club.gif(2 players)Hero bets t1200, CO raises to t2400, Hero calls t1200.Turn: (t6775) 8heart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets t3000, Hero ?
The right move that I feel would to call and let him hang himself on the river. Check again and let him bet, and then push.

ive only flopped a straight flush before. that was only once on fulltilt, ive been playing there for at least a year. ive never had a royal flush, who has, and how long did you play before you got it??

ive only flopped a straight flush before. that was only once on fulltilt, ive been playing there for at least a year. ive never had a royal flush, who has, and how long did you play before you got it??
I havent had a royal online ever, in 8 years, and I play fairly often. I have had lots of quads, though. Ive only had one royal live, in 7 stud, about a bazillion years ago.
2 years in I earned a turned Q-high sf4 years in I earned a flopped K-high sfI'm now 6 years into playing, I'm very excited that royal is coming soon baby!

I dealt myself a royal flush when i was playing at school in break, everyone went mad and starting jumping up and down.

Royals really don't serve much purpose in NLHE, because hitting the board that hard generally means your opponent didn't. You'll make more money in a bigger pot flopping bottom two than you would flopping a royal.

Royals really don't serve much purpose in NLHE, because hitting the board that hard generally means your opponent didn't. You'll make more money in a bigger pot flopping bottom two than you would flopping a royal.
I'll still take it on the first day of the ME with Gus Hansen at my table :club:
I'll still take it on the first day of the ME with Jamie Gold at my table :club:
FYP.Even Gus knows his limits. I can't envision any actual pro going nuts on a royal board with blinds at 5/10 on day one of a major tourney. Jamie, on the other hand, would fully understand that the only way to win that pot would be to bet at it. :D
FYP.Even Gus knows his limits. I can't envision any actual pro going nuts on a royal board with blinds at 5/10 on day one of a major tourney. Jamie, on the other hand, would fully understand that the only way to win that pot would be to bet at it. :club:
He does have great big brass ones. He actually didnt look like just a huge luckbox on a recent High Stakes Poker.
He does have great big brass ones. He actually didnt look like just a huge luckbox on a recent High Stakes Poker.
Well, Daniel had to wait for his seat, they rolled out the red carpet for Jamie. Draw from that your own conclusions.That said, it would be an absolute b!tch to play against Gold in a cash game. His style does make him unpredictable.
Jamie doesn't get the credit he deserves imo.Maybe this is being results orientated, but Jamie Gold looked a hell of a lot better player than Sammy Farha on HSP.
Jamie doesn't get the credit he deserves imo.Maybe this is being results orientated, but Jamie Gold looked a hell of a lot better player than Sammy Farha on HSP.
I agree. Not that I think he's a great player, anybody on this board could have won the ME with the cards he got, but he held is own against the big boys. He's still slimy as hell though. I like Matusow more than JG.

PokerStars Game #12399659097: Tournament #62927871, $6.00+$0.60 Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2007/10/02 - 17:21:29 (ET)Table '62927871 1' 6-max Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 1: forzaluka (1595 in chips) Seat 2: nahele31 (3565 in chips) Seat 3: arroz_feijao (205 in chips) Seat 5: Abejita25 (2220 in chips) Seat 6: joeymax (1415 in chips) arroz_feijao: posts small blind 25Abejita25: posts big blind 50*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to arroz_feijao [Td 9d]joeymax: folds forzaluka: raises 50 to 100nahele31: folds arroz_feijao: raises 105 to 205 and is all-inAbejita25: calls 155forzaluka: calls 105*** FLOP *** [Qd Jd 8d]and:***** Hand History for Game 6012159605 *****NL Texas Hold'em Trny:33670671 Level:8 Blinds-Antes(600/1,200 -50) - Monday, May 28, 18:26:45 ET 2007Table 5 - Table (1040097) Table #1 (Real Money)Seat 10 is the buttonTotal number of players : 5 Seat 2: arroz_feijao ( 35,210 )Seat 4: thomes999 ( 4,860 )Seat 8: kalpanas ( 27,085 )Seat 6: combe_boy ( 20,405 )Seat 10: buddha7378 ( 12,440 )Trny:33670671 Level:8 Blinds-Antes(600/1,200 -50)arroz_feijao posts ante [50]thomes999 posts ante [50]combe_boy posts ante [50]kalpanas posts ante [50]buddha7378 posts ante [50]** Dealing down cards **Dealt to arroz_feijao [ Ts Ks ]combe_boy foldskalpanas raises [2,400]buddha7378 foldsarroz_feijao raises [3,000]thomes999 foldskalpanas calls [1,200]** Dealing Flop ** [ As, Js, Qs ]arroz_feijao checkskalpanas is all-In [23,435] :club:

** Dealing down cards **Dealt to arroz_feijao [ Ts Ks ]combe_boy foldskalpanas raises [2,400]buddha7378 foldsarroz_feijao raises [3,000]thomes999 foldskalpanas calls [1,200]** Dealing Flop ** [ As, Js, Qs ]arroz_feijao checkskalpanas is all-In [23,435]
Super sexiness
Farha always donk-tilts off a bunch of money. No disrespected intended towars Jamie, but thats not a strong statement. Not only cause it Sammy, but youre saying he is looking WAY better than 1 player.
Change the game to PLO and see how Jamie and Sammy stack up. :)Sammy generally is just there on HSP to gamble. The mind games he plays with Eli are horribly -EV, he gets way too deep into hands he shouldn't play at all, and he doesn't change gears to adjust to table dynamics. In short: he's got nothing to prove and he's there to have fun in front of the camera. Jamie's trying hard to prove to the world that he's a solid player. I would hope Jamie would be more focused than Sammy.
Change the game to PLO and see how Jamie and Sammy stack up. :)Sammy generally is just there on HSP to gamble. The mind games he plays with Eli are horribly -EV, he gets way too deep into hands he shouldn't play at all, and he doesn't change gears to adjust to table dynamics. In short: he's got nothing to prove and he's there to have fun in front of the camera. Jamie's trying hard to prove to the world that he's a solid player. I would hope Jamie would be more focused than Sammy.
Sorry, I don't buy it. That may be the image SF is trying to project, but when youre talking about buy ins this high and hands that go into the hundreds of thousands, he is playing to win, not to show off.
Sorry, I don't buy it. That may be the image SF is trying to project, but when youre talking about buy ins this high and hands that go into the hundreds of thousands, he is playing to win, not to show off.
He's "firing up" the table, but then he doesn't sit back and wait to get big hands to pay off the high costs of his "advertising". You don't blow a bunch of money to show the world you are playing 6-2 suited so you get future action when you play... 6-2 suited. :club: This is all pretty moot, because they are only showing maybe 5% (probably lower) of the total hands being played, so we are truly guessing if we aren't there. I'm fairly certain Jennifer Harmon isn't even remotely the nit we "see" on TV.