Set Against Two Stations

Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $48UTG+1: $46.60CO: $151.65Hero: $68.65SB: $52.40BB: $50Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 5 :D 5 :club: UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $1.5, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds.Flop: 7 :D T :D 5 :D ($6.5, 4 players)SB checks, UTG+1 bets $1, CO raises to $2.5, Hero calls, SB raises to $4, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.Turn: Q :) ($22.5, 4 players)SB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO bets $5, Hero raises to $19.5, SB calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls.River: 3 :) ($81, 3 players)SB is all-in $27.4, CO calls, Hero calls.70/2/.4 type calling stations.

I don't mind the first flop call, but I think after SB raises, and they all call to me, I'm probably making a small, pot building raise, like maybe to $7 or $8. I know min raises are teh ghey, but this is such a safe board for our 55.Otherwise, I think it's fine.

Please tell us what SB had. I'm trying to figure out what hand check/3-bets the flop, check/calls the turn and pushes the river. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bigger set out of SB. Maybe QT out of CO. Still don't think I play it any different though.

I don't mind the first flop call, but I think after SB raises, and they all call to me, I'm probably making a small, pot building raise, like maybe to $7 or $8. I know min raises are teh ghey, but this is such a safe board for our 55.
I think you have to raise on the flop after it comes around the second time too. This board isn't that super safe against 3 other opponents. There are straight draws galore, plus it makes sense that some of these guys are holding PPs that hurt you, I think basically any 3, 6, 8, 9, J is a bad card. I'm not gonna go crazy and try to put in a huge raise, but we need to get some value and maybe not take this up against 3 villains. With no raise they are getting odds to call with single pairs and guttys. I make it $14-15.
Please tell us what SB had. I'm trying to figure out what hand check/3-bets the flop, check/calls the turn and pushes the river. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bigger set out of SB. Maybe QT out of CO. Still don't think I play it any different though.
I put SB on a set of 77's and CO on QT. Just a feeling... :club:
I put SB on a set of 77's and CO on QT. Just a feeling... :club:
I agree with this, though a flop call to the SB's raise would be really loose.Also, you need to raise the flop out of the SB. He's not going away, so build the pot.

I'm going to say that the CO had either 107 or 75 SOOOOOOOTED and donk'd up the whole hand.The SB probably either showed up with a set of tens or a set of sevens, which sucks, but what can you do.I think after all that action starts going on the flop that I'm going to make a pretty good raise and stop slowplaying, even though it is a safe board. There are a couple of OESD's out there so I'd be wanting the push some people out. I agree with Tskillz about making it about 14 after the SB's raise.On the turn I'd be making a pot sized raise - twenty-five or so - at this point, we're not folding so get lots of money in the pot.The river is standard.This is kind of a pukey situation where you either made a lot of money against donks or lost a big pot to a cooler :club:

Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $48UTG+1: $46.60CO: $151.65Hero: $68.65SB: $52.40BB: $50Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 5 :D 5 :club: UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $1.5, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds.Flop: 7 :D T :D 5 :D ($6.5, 4 players)SB checks, UTG+1 bets $1, CO raises to $2.5, Hero calls, SB raises to $4, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.Turn: Q :) ($22.5, 4 players)SB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO bets $5, Hero raises to $19.5, SB calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls.River: 3 :) ($81, 3 players)SB is all-in $27.4, CO calls, Hero calls.70/2/.4 type calling stations.
you said they're both calling stations, right?from my experience stations don't check 3 bet, then check call a bet & raise on the turn, then donk insta shove rivers w/ holdings you beat....methinks 10 10 / 7 7 from teh SB... unless he's the dumbest fuccer on EARTH w/ 6 4... CALLING stations don't RAISE...or check / 3 bet either for that matter... or donk shove rivers... unless they have the nuts or close too em, right?i've met stations who don't reraise KK preflop because they "dont want to loose"literally teh only holding this woman will raise / reraise w/ preflop is AA, AA & NOTHING ELSE... if she reraises you her range is literally that: red, black, or multicultural ACES... & she wont fold them no matter what, so it's actually pretty good for implied odds... hell i think there's even the possibility the showdown went a little something like: SB turns 10 10 - three of a kind tensCO turns 7 7 - three of a kind sevensBTN turns 5 5 - three of a kind fivesinterested to hear results... but if they're as big of calling stations (passive players) as you say, & with all the aggression they're showing (uncharacteristic of a passive calling station) i think you may have lost this hand...
you said they're both calling stations, right?from my experience stations don't check 3 bet, then check call a bet & raise on the turn, then donk insta shove rivers w/ holdings you beat....methinks 10 10 / 7 7 from teh SB... unless he's the dumbest fuccer on EARTH w/ 6 4... CALLING stations don't RAISE...or check / 3 bet either for that matter... or donk shove rivers... unless they have the nuts or close too em, right?i've met stations who don't reraise KK preflop because they "dont want to loose"literally teh only holding this woman will raise / reraise w/ preflop is AA, AA & NOTHING ELSE... if she reraises you her range is literally that: red, black, or multicultural ACES... & she wont fold them no matter what, so it's actually pretty good for implied odds... hell i think there's even the possibility the showdown went a little something like: SB turns 10 10 - three of a kind tensCO turns 7 7 - three of a kind sevensBTN turns 5 5 - three of a kind fivesinterested to hear results... but if they're as big of calling stations (passive players) as you say, & with all the aggression they're showing (uncharacteristic of a passive calling station) i think you may have lost this hand...
That's true, I didn't see the "Against two stations" part so this is very a awkward hand. I don't know - I just don't think I'm folding this still - the board is really safe. I just suck though.
Am I insane for thinking a river fold is +ev? I'm pretty baffled the at the way it was played, but i feel like your almost never turning over the best hand here.
this is really what I want to know... what does the super passive calling station have that I can beat that pushes this river?

i think you should have taken the lead on the flop. if the sb hit a set and a milking it, you might force them to play back at you if you play the hand fast. that way i think you would have a better clue if this calling station had hit a set, and given yourself a chance to get away from it. i dont think CO has much of a hand, maybe two pair, like q10, or 10 7, or maybe even A10. i think i would have pushed the river at that point, CO would have called and it could be consolation if sb has you beat. i'm pretty confident CO doesn't have you beat. then again, maybe sb only has something like kings or aces? who knows. people do funny things sometimes.

this is really what I want to know... what does the super passive calling station have that I can beat that pushes this river?
68, 89?I know it doesn't go with his playing style but w/e I'm not folding a set here like ever.
T7, 75 might play it this way thinking they're trickysometimes you see AA/KK show up here especially against opponents that almost never raise pf
It's OK, but with so many in, I rebump the flop raise, maybe even make the dreaded min-raise. If four people throw in 8 bucks each, we can get it in on the turn before the board gets really bad. As played, call. I think you can call this a cooler if you lose the way it went down.
I'm going with my gut here and will say we're not up against a set of 10's. I would put money on it...probably. It's close.
i realize it's unlikely, but he IS a station... 10s could be set value / "little card flop value" only to this guy & nothing else... besides, i think it's more likely he smooth calls TT preflop than AA / KK / QQ? not that you've suggested that as potential holdings, as i personally DON'T believe either of them can have AA or KK... but others have... idk, i'm just trying to figure out WHAT THE **** THEY CAN POSSIBLY HAVE!!!!after all this discussion, I CALL! i just want to know wtf they both had... wow... shyt i dont even know... i call? i guess...? i call & expect to be beat...? as dumb as that may sound... you're getting like 3/4:1 just to see what they both had (though i know you can do that in the hand history / simply because CO has called, but hell there's so much money out there i probably call anyways... but i spew from time to time)i dont know how they completely ignore all the strength that's been shown & fearlessly put money in anyways.... the only logical conclusion to that is "they have monsters"results plz? i'm not even sure where i stand on this anymore... i still think you're beat...
idk, i'm just trying to figure out WHAT THE **** THEY CAN POSSIBLY HAVE!!!!
We call this every time this happens. Every time. There's three hands that beat us: 46QQ TT77We have a 1:50 chance of being beaten on this hand AT THE RIVER. Shove and make this pot huge. They're calling stations, for christ's sake.
There aren't many but QT is one of them and maybe some other kind of two pair is in their range. Maybe they accidentally put in the wrong amount too or hit the wrong button. Either way, there is no reason to ever consider folding here on this board - it's about as safe as you can get.
There aren't many but QT is one of them and maybe some other kind of two pair is in their range. Maybe they accidentally put in the wrong amount too or hit the wrong button. Either way, there is no reason to ever consider folding here on this board - it's about as safe as you can get.
alright so I might as well give results since everyone knows I wouldn't post this unless is i lost, so the SB had 77 and the other guy had QT and psu don't think for a second I will believe you didn't see the results in the 2 minutes they were posted.To be honest as soon as the small blind raised the first time I though he had a set, just because he was soooo incredibly passive. Then he checked and the turn got the board a little more draw heavy and I wanted to make sure I could get my whole stack in on the river. Then when the CO called I had a feeling I was beat and almost hit the fold button but then I thought about the horrible life tilt I would go on if I folded the river getting like 5 to 1 or whatever. I am just not good enough to get away from bottom set...
alright so I might as well give results since everyone knows I wouldn't post this unless is i lost, so the SB had 77 and the other guy had QT and psu don't think for a second I will believe you didn't see the results in the 2 minutes they were posted.
Honestly I didn't see it. But I've played against so horrid players and some really passive players and that's about the only hands that made sense to me.Also there's no chance I'd ever be able to get away from this hand. Though I do have a rule about not calling when passive players start raising. Give SB credit for inventing a whole new line though. I've never seen the c/3bet, c/c, push line used before. :club:
Honestly I didn't see it. But I've played against so horrid players and some really passive players and that's about the only hands that made sense to me.Also there's no chance I'd ever be able to get away from this hand. Though I do have a rule about not calling when passive players start raising. Give SB credit for inventing a whole new line though. I've never seen the c/3bet, c/c, push line used before. :club:
It's not really new. He was going to CRAI, but when Nate reraised he figured the board was very safe and he could get both of them to stack him on the river. I would never fold the river but it certainly looks like we're beat. There are just too many other hands for us to beat that don't involve sets to fold this - especially against donkey stations who probably overvalue TP (see CO).
I think one probably has, like, QT and the other has a set of sevens. I'd fold here.
QFT. I'm so good.

Nate,The one problem that I see with the hand is that you didn't shove the river. Even if you don't have the SB beat, you're not folding anyway, and the CO will never fold after getting so many chips in, and he also never has you beat the way the hand played out, so soften the loss to the SB or maximize the total profit on the hand by shoving the river and creating a little side pot that you're all but guaranteed to win.That's all.