2007 Turks & Caicos Poker Classic (wpt)

I was just looking at the payout structure for this WPT event on cardplayer: http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/payout/138141$436,675 2$225,000 3$125,000 4$70,000 5$50,000And looks like it only pays to the top 5, and top heavy payout at that. I actually did the math, and looks like the payout is close enough to the total prize pool, so I don't think any spots are missing.This is 3.6% of the field. Even if you make a WPT final table you still are not guaranteed to cash. Did they make some kinda guarantee for first place or something, and turn out was way under expected or what?

I was just looking at the payout structure for this WPT event on cardplayer: http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/payout/138141$436,675 2$225,000 3$125,000 4$70,000 5$50,000And looks like it only pays to the top 5, and top heavy payout at that. I actually did the math, and looks like the payout is close enough to the total prize pool, so I don't think any spots are missing.This is 3.6% of the field. Even if you make a WPT final table you still are not guaranteed to cash. Did they make some kinda guarantee for first place or something, and turn out was way under expected or what?
Lol they gtd 1m for first. nice cop out wpt. Seriously awesome decision by me not to use my satellite mobneys and actually go this wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

There was actually a million dollar 1st place guarantee but that would have made 1st just under a mill and made it winner take all. They let the players vote on day 1 in the middle of it between 1, 6 and 9 players to be paid and it ended up with 9 getting the most so that's what they will be paying out I believe.

There was actually a million dollar 1st place guarantee but that would have made 1st just under a mill and made it winner take all. They let the players vote on day 1 in the middle of it between 1, 6 and 9 players to be paid and it ended up with 9 getting the most so that's what they will be paying out I believe.
lol, that is really funny.Is there a place where this was discussed and a bunch of people pissed off?
WPT = dying?
Not dying but over saturating. Stick to traditional poker markets like Vegas, AC, LA and other bigger centres. Its too watered down right now and the market is correcting itself. Cant believe they would cancel Festa del lago(butchering the name) at the Bellagio in Oct but add this one. So Harrahs gets to pick up the slack with the Caesars classic.

the aruba toury used to big a big hit for the wpt ~ then UB pulled out from the wpt .the T&C toury was a shot of trying to win back those players ........needless to say there wont be a wpt event there next year ....

Tournament Director Jack McClelland felt that the best solution was to have the players vote on the prize structure — did they want to keep the million dollars for first place or spread the wealth a bit? McClelland offered separate prize structures based on paying the top nine or 10 places, the top six, or keeping it as a winner-take-all event.In the first round of voting, just 16 out of 99 votes were cast to keep the winner-take-all format. The majority voted for either paying nine or six places, so a runoff was held between those two options. In the second round of voting, 72 percent of the players chose to pay the top nine places. Here is the agreed-upon official prize structure: First — $436,675Second — $225,000Third — $125,000Fourth — $70,000Fifth — $50,000Sixth — $30,000Seventh — $25,000Eighth — $20,000Ninth — $15,000There was no vocal dissent against breaking up the first-place guarantee. Speaking with a few of the 16 players who originally voted for winner-take-all, their attitude seemed more experimental (“Wouldn't it be cool?”) or confident (“I plan to win, so why not put all of the money in first place?”) than anything else. Once the revised payout structure was announced, we didn't hear complaints from any of the players.

Why not bring another WPT event to Canada? It could be held in Niagara, Vancouver, even Alberta for that matter and I am sure there would be great turnout for the event.....

Why not bring another WPT event to Canada? It could be held in Niagara, Vancouver, even Alberta for that matter and I am sure there would be great turnout for the event.....
The Wpt is coming to Niagara. End of Oct I think.
Canadians are funny.
The Wpt is coming to Niagara. End of Oct I think.
I know they are having an event in Niagara but I was saying if they want to expand why not bring a second tournament to the west coast or something. I believe last years Niagara WPT event had a great turnout with some good attendance by pro's so why not keep the ball rolling in Canada!?!

WPT isn't dying, it's just expensive as hell to get to Turks and Caicos, it's really expensive to stay there, and it's the first tournament in a new place, so that's generally going to give it some hiccups. I'd rather play EPT London than WPT T&C if I had the choice.

Actually, a Vancouver WPT is a great idea.
Seconded. I am hoping that the new APPT will add Vancouver to its schedule. Makes alot of sence to have a little North American exposure in the one city that fits into there demographics. Also with gambling age at 19 up here it would be able to attract alot of online players who cant play in the US yet.