Barry Greenstein "cribs"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow barrys sucha fcking pimp, i didint like him before now hes sick
I didnt like him for a while either, than I realized he was super smart when I read his book, but I still thought he'd be a douche in real life. Then I met him and he's really awesome, the opposite of how it seems on tv, he's super talkative and really open about almost everything. Like you can be at the table and ask him his opinion on certain aspects of poker or life or whatever and he'll go on and on about it, you can learn a lot from him. Def one of my favorite people in poker.

house 9Chiuhi(sp?) glass at entrance 9+Aquarium 9toys 8furniture 5large copies of famous art in your 'gallery' 3having video games placed at odd corners on repoduction tables, boxes piled 2-3 high against walls 2One thing for sure though...Barry Greenstein is NOT gay, not even remotely.

house 9Chiuhi(sp?) glass at entrance 9+Aquarium 9toys 8furniture 5large copies of famous art in your 'gallery' 3having video games placed at odd corners on repoduction tables, boxes piled 2-3 high against walls 2One thing for sure though...Barry Greenstein is NOT gay, not even remotely.
Dale Chihuly - http://www.chihuly.com/I'm gonna assume he had someone make a copy style piece? But if it's a real Chihuly then that's gotta be $300K - $500K of glass on that ceiling. Chihuly is sick I love his stuff.
Dale Chihuly - http://www.chihuly.com/I'm gonna assume he had someone make a copy style piece? But if it's a real Chihuly then that's gotta be $300K - $500K of glass on that ceiling. Chihuly is sick I love his stuff.
Been to a few galleries with his stuff and yea, he is cool. Plus he's got a really cool eye patch. I've always thought the cleaning of his art though must be like $5,000+ every 6 months or so.But that's about the only art I could see that I thought fit in that nice of a house
Been to a few galleries with his stuff and yea, he is cool. Plus he's got a really cool eye patch. I've always thought the cleaning of his art though must be like $5,000+ every 6 months or so.But that's about the only art I could see that I thought fit in that nice of a house
When I used to do theatre work I designed a winch system for a theatre to lower their Chihuly chandelier to the floor so they could clean it.While we were working on it I got to go to his studio. The eye patch is cool and he is whacked out but kinda fun. He doesn't do any actual glass blowing anymore he just tells his assistants what to do and paints pictures of what they should look like.
When I used to do theatre work I designed a winch system for a theatre to lower their Chihuly chandelier to the floor so they could clean it.While we were working on it I got to go to his studio. The eye patch is cool and he is whacked out but kinda fun. He doesn't do any actual glass blowing anymore he just tells his assistants what to do and paints pictures of what they should look like.
As much as I hate to break from posting Romeo and Juliet lines, I read an article and saw his pictures in I believe, the Smithsonian(though it might've been National Geographic) Magazine..and he is absolutely flippin' amazing..
As much as I hate to break from posting Romeo and Juliet lines, I read an article and saw his pictures in I believe, the Smithsonian(though it might've been National Geographic) Magazine..and he is absolutely flippin' amazing..
Watch some of the videos on his website. Especially the stuff he did in Venice i think where he floated hundreds of his sculptures in the canals and hung them on the banks so amazing.Sorry to hijack here but this guy IMHO is one of the few modern day masters of an art form.
Watch some of the videos on his website. Especially the stuff he did in Venice i think where he floated hundreds of his sculptures in the canals and hung them on the banks so amazing.Sorry to hijack here but this guy IMHO is one of the few modern day masters of an art form.
He's currently based out of Seattle(or Washington in general), no?

Personally I prefer his art he did in Israel over his chandeliers. They are cool, but not really my taste for a home. But in a large building they are trick.

He's currently based out of Seattle(or Washington in general), no?
He has studios in Seattle and Tacoma. I went to the one in Ballard (seattle suburb)
Personally I prefer his art he did in Israel over his chandeliers. They are cool, but not really my taste for a home. But in a large building they are trick.
Check out the Venice installation. And I agree about the chandeliers in homes. There are a couple pics of them in private homes where they sit in a room and go from floor to ceiling...a bit overbearing.
He has studios in Seattle and Tacoma. I went to the one in Ballard (seattle suburb)Check out the Venice installation. And I agree about the chandeliers in homes. There are a couple pics of them in private homes where they sit in a room and go from floor to ceiling...a bit overbearing.
There's a lot of critics who call him a fraud because they believe he runs "art" factories now..because he's theoretically unable/unwilling to produce his own work with his eye issue. Personally, I dig it. boat04_XB.jpg
There's a lot of critics who call him a fraud because they believe he runs "art" factories now..because he's theoretically unable/unwilling to produce his own work with his eye issue. Personally, I dig it.
Those people need to watch him paint the mockups of the pieces. It's really cool the way he does it with squirt bottles. And he's created almost every technique to produce this stuff. They have their opinion...I say genius.You want a modern fraud lauded as a genius.... Frank Gehry total fraud.
lol the shark part was funny
obv a SHOT a humberto...I remember reading Seboks blog and he was pissed about that. 83 thats brutal to go out in 10th against that.
There's a lot of critics who call him a fraud because they believe he runs "art" factories now..because he's theoretically unable/unwilling to produce his own work with his eye issue. Personally, I dig it. boat04_XB.jpg
I probably know about 5 artists and Chihuly is one of them, but only because Nikki_N and company took me to the Chihuly exhibit in Indy. Awesome stuff