If I Leave Here Tomorrow

take care.You wore your emotions on your sleeve and I like that**************Count me among those that regularly consider leaving FCP and to a lsser extent, Poker.Many of us, with less reason than you have, are depressed and use this to escape

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

take care.You wore your emotions on your sleeve and I like that**************Count me among those that regularly consider leaving FCP and to a lsser extent, Poker.Many of us, with less reason than you have, are depressed and use this to escape
QFT 1st....secondly, I wish you the best..... as I'm sure a lot of us have, I have dealt with depression/anxiety and its a horrible feeling. Your doing the right thing and sometimes getting on track is the scary part but it will be the only thing to ease your pain.God Bless

Good Luck Man.. Seriously. Good luck. What you're doing is pretty much the hardest thing a person can do in life, that is taking a cold hard look at themselves, viewing themselves honestly, and taking the hard steps to improve their life. It's so much easier just to ignore it and stay safe within your rut. But the easy way is death. You're choosing life. I wish you nothing but the best.

ROFL. I realize that, but I also realize that spending my time on this board will make me want to play. It's habit.For the record, I wasn't Clay Aiken.tyty
PM if you would like my cell phone number,I can talk to you about some of the things I went through 2 years ago when I was in the game to deep. For the record,I find your posts to be some of the funniest shit ever. Interesting, etc. One of the things that you will find is that type of creativity, it sort of goes hand in hand with depression.(Not always, but it's not uncommon) I always liked an article I read about Sean Penn years ago, when he talked about the highs and the lows and how he couldn't handle being medicated, because it took away his ability to feel them and those highs and lows is where he LIVED.. I love that line of thought.
I just burned my tongue.
this was covered in another thread. if you're going to put icy hot on his scrotum, wrap it in tissue or you'll burn your tongue or chin. you got what you deserved.best of luck, hang. to go on is to go through.

Fare the well, HM. I've been through some serious lows, just like I'm sure a lot of us have. There is nothing more important in this world than your own health and sanity.I totally feel your need to steer clear from the forums while you right the ship. It's funny, I've always viewed the forum as something to entertain me while I'm *not* playing poker (i.e. stuck at work, not enough time for a game, etc.). This forum has driven me to railbird final tables far more than actually play on my own. Actually, considering the never ending whining and bad beat stories, this forum is downright saltpeter to poker libido at times. ;)Regardless, I will wish you well as you go sort out your section of the world, and will welcome you back warmly should our paths cross again at some point, be it here, or elsewhere on this rock.Peace.P.S. - P.S. Since The Warrior Avatar is Miguk to me, here's a parting link that's fitting.P.P.S. - You need to take a couple thousand NLHE players with you, to even out the FCP ratio.

Hey Hang,While I'm not sure we ever interacted personally, I've enjoyed having you around. Your strat posts on the stud forum were of great value, and you have a great sense of humour. You will be missed. That said, you have to take care of yourself, so I'm sure you're doing the right thing. Get your shizzle together, and come back and see us when it turns around for you. Best of luck.

Short story: I'm leaving FCP & Poker. Goodbye.Long story for those who care: I'm done. It's been a rough year, a lot of people know that already. But poker is not making it any easier on me. And that's why I have to quit.I'm not quitting because I think poker is sinful. I don't believe that. And I'm not quitting because I'm behind. I'm not, I'm a winning player. I believe to the extreme I've been playing it, however, that is destroying me.I have no social life. I've alienated most of my family to the point where they hate my guts. All my friends are worried about me, and I give them no reason not to worry, because I isolate from them. On top of that, I have been dealing with severe depression over the last few months. Crap, I've been dealing with depression for years, but was afraid to admit it, for the fact that I would actually have to admit that I have problems.I have been hospitalized for depression...twice...in the last two months. Each time I've let myself get to the brink of suicide before admitting I needed help. And I do. And the more I look at it, the more poker is detracting from my ability to get help. I can be on my way and feeling great, but if a losing session comes along, when you're depressed, it's hard not to take it personal.On top of that, as much as it pains me, I am not going to be coming around these parts now. At all. First off: why go to a poker forum if I'm not playing anymore? And most importantly, coming around here makes me think of playing, and that can lead down a vicious cycle. So, I have to leave.I do have some good things facing me down this line. I'm moving back to Southern Illinois, getting my own apartment, and going to be back around my friends, who should be able to keep my time occupied. One of my friends is working on getting some people together to start up a band upon my return, which I've been wanting to for a while now. I'm going back to church, which is pretty important to me, and I'm in the process of returning to school.Was the last two years a mistake? No. I'm grateful I got a chance to play, and grateful to have some good memories from this place and what I've done. But now it's time to move on.And yes, my bros in the Hideout, I still want to keep in touch with you guys. Most of you have me on either facebook or myspace, which I'll be checking from time to time, so keep in touch with me on there. Most of you have my cell number, and that should change soon, but I'll update my info on facebook when that happens.But I want to thank you guys for the memories, and for the homies who held my head above water when I needed it. I love a lot of you, would like to kick a few of you in the crotch if I saw you, but thanks for the memories anyway.Peace. I'll check in on this thread, so send love/hate/etc. below.
hey dude,good luck. I reached the same conclusion about a 16 months ago. I then started to realize that i hated my job, and poker and FCP actually kinda saved my life.Its hard to imagine, but the hours i spent online FCP while working actually made me realize how much i'd rather be doing my own thing.Poker has given me that opportunity for a short while now while i really think things through.I gave up a job in vegas for my old career, and i look back now, now that i'm no longer working there, and I laugh at how silly i was for not taking a chance.Now my whole life revolves around chance. Sometimes the best thing you can say to yourself is fuuuck it. saying fuuck it gives you freedom, freedom creates opportunity, and opportunity defines our futures.(from risky biz)sincerelyRoyal (Mitchell) Touroh and P.S.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewWyW6lT1HE
Sometimes the best thing you can say to yourself is fuuuck it. saying fuuck it gives you freedom, freedom creates opportunity, and opportunity defines our futures.(from risky biz)
not so much, you ignorant canadian.Sometimes you just gotta say what the fuck?
not so much, you ignorant canadian.Sometimes you just gotta say what the fuck?
in our version of the theatrical edition, its fuuck it. ok. you silly american.p.s. I'm reading for the part of James.. Am I the James they are looking for? I dont know.. will I show them true passion? you betcha.....turns out networks are being run by children. ABC family rested their balls on my chin and brushed my teeth with their dick.