Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Winnick is a great sign.

that is a very nice move. how did they get him so cheap?

i cant figure out how he only got 1yr for 1.3mill. I think he is an excellent 3rd/4th line player.

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

that is a very nice move. how did they get him so cheap?

i cant figure out how he only got 1yr for 1.3mill. I think he is an excellent 3rd/4th line player.

Home Town Discount

Toronto Sun@TheTorontoSun 44m
    Joining hometown @MapleLeafs 'every kid’s dream,' @Danwinnik34 says. http://bit.ly/1xq8qyu pic.twitter.com/aCoILMMvKN

Our bottom 6 is going to be a gigantic improvement over last year. If they can somehow fix the Bozak-on-the-first-line conundrum, and fire Carlyle as soon as possible, then there might be hope for this season after all.

Huge improvement.

There is going to be a good battle for bottom six.

I admit defending Orr and Mclaren wasn't very smart. Players who can actually play hockey and score 10-15 goals a year are great improvement.

Have improved bottom 6 and added much needed defensive defencemen.

Bozak isn't a top 1c like Crosby , Towes etc.

But most teams don't have two elite wingers like Kessel and JVR on top line.

He also isn't as bad as people make him out to be.

David Booth

Daniel Winnik

Mike Santorelli

Leo Komarov

Matt Frattin

Petri Kontiola

Peter Holland

Troy Brodie

Carter Ashton

Colton Orr

All fighting for bottom six spots. Add in Clarkson if Nylander shocks and makes team.

Injuries happen and any of these guys can fit in when needed.

That's huge improvement from last year. Bolland and Kulemin were good but much more expensive and Bolland barely played.

David Booth

Daniel Winnik

Mike Santorelli

Leo Komarov

Matt Frattin

Petri Kontiola

Peter Holland

Troy Brodie

Carter Ashton

I deleted the name that's not even worth mentioning. that's the bottom 6 that I would like to see. Possibly swapping out Kontiola for Ashton or Frattin depending on how he looks.

• Like 1

I would have Frattin ahead of Holland, but to be honest, I didnt watch Holland a lot last year and I recall you guys saying he looked good.

I would also have Frattin ahead of Booth. I used to like Booths game, but he has looked awful to me whenever I watched Van the last couple of years. Hope he bounces back in Toronto, he always seemed to be a full effort, skilled player in Florida. I feel bad that it seems the concussions are what got to him.

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris · 22m

Jake Gardiner has signed a $20.25M, five-year extension with the #leafs. Gives him a $4.05M AAV.

Michael Grange ‏@michaelgrange · 16m

Feel safe saying that Gardiner era with Leafs will outlast Carlyle era.

love the deal. I was hoping for like 6yrs x 4.5 or somehting similar. This is perfect. I think this will turn out far superior than doing a 2 yr 7 million bridge contract.

I honestly think he is immediately underpaid at 4m. He has the potential to be significantly underpaid as early as this year depending on how Carlyle/future Leafs coach uses him.

love the deal. I was hoping for like 6yrs x 4.5 or somehting similar. This is perfect. I think this will turn out far superior than doing a 2 yr 7 million bridge contract.

I honestly think he is immediately underpaid at 4m. He has the potential to be significantly underpaid as early as this year depending on how Carlyle/future Leafs coach uses him.

Really not used to saying good things about the decisions the Leaf's front office are making

Love the solid bottom-6 signings. Love Gardiner's long deal. Looks like the Leafs have me back as a fan this year, which is exciting for me!

More valuable to the leafs this year (ignoring dollars) - Winnik or Clarkson?

Depends how hard they force feed Clarkson into top minutes. If Clarkson ends up taking significant minutes away from better players (cough jay mcclement), then winnik is the more valuable player, or rather the less detrimental player.

Depends how hard they force feed Clarkson into top minutes. If Clarkson ends up taking significant minutes away from better players (cough jay mcclement), then winnik is the more valuable player, or rather the less detrimental player.

I am prepared to give Clarkson a mulligan ...Lets see what happens this year...

Good news is that now we have signed all our players that we need to..

Bad news is that we are right at the CAP right now..But I really like the depth that we have...

Good news is that now we have signed all our players that we need to..

Bad news is that we are right at the CAP right now..But I really like the depth that we have...

And they're stuck at the cap unless they move someone. Every one of the players listed above as 3/4 line guys are ALL on one way deals.

And they're stuck at the cap unless they move someone. Every one of the players listed above as 3/4 line guys are ALL on one way deals.

I believe the rule is you can demote a player and get $900000 cap relief. Most cases for these players is either more or most of the cap space.

Waiver rules though might cause them to lose player

I believe the rule is you can demote a player and get $900000 cap relief. Most cases for these players is either more or most of the cap space.

Waiver rules though might cause them to lose player

Yeah, you're right. Players would have to clear waivers in some circumstances.

Michael Grange ‏@michaelgrange · 16m

Feel safe saying that Gardiner era with Leafs will outlast Carlyle era.

Why do these media guys have to throw a negative twist on everything.