Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Nazem Kadri had two assists and Morgan Rielly with one assist in Canada's 6-1 win over Denmark.

Jake Gardiner had a goal and assist for Team USA...

GO LEAFS GO..

What a team we have..

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Leafs don't get a lot of credit for the fine job they have done with the Marlies.

Back to back sweeps in the playoffs on to the semis.

Are they doing it with young guys that can transition to the NHL? Like, think Tampa's AHL team when they dominated with guys like Palat, Johnson, etc or the Grand Rapids Griffins.

Are they doing it with young guys that can transition to the NHL? Like, think Tampa's AHL team when they dominated with guys like Palat, Johnson, etc or the Grand Rapids Griffins.

There's the roster.

Not a lot of really highly thought of prospects but they aren't that old

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0039912014.html

If the Cleveland Cavaliers can win the first overall pick with 1.7%, the Leafs got a good shot..MORE THAN DOUBLE that at 3.6%

I had an amazing thought today..

This team is actually pretty good..Just a few mental issues to be sorted out...Also a few additions, we are going to be back strong in 2015..

Better situation than 20 teams right now..What a great time to be a Leafs fan..

I love this team..

This team is actually pretty good..Just a few mental issues to be sorted out...Also a few additions, we are going to be back strong in 2015..

Nowhere to go but up!

I love this team..

This brings up an interesting question. In the opinion of lucid people, how would you 'rank' the Leafs in terms of future prospects? You can include everything - current roster and contracts, farm, organizational strength, financial strength, etc. Success can also be defined however but in general I'd say it is a team most likely to go on a sustained run of playoff runs in the short to medium term.

The Leafs roster and farm presumably keep them out of the top 10, but does their financial muscle keep them out of the bottom 10? Who's in your top 3-5? Bottom 3-5?

This brings up an interesting question. In the opinion of lucid people, how would you 'rank' the Leafs in terms of future prospects? You can include everything - current roster and contracts, farm, organizational strength, financial strength, etc. Success can also be defined however but in general I'd say it is a team most likely to go on a sustained run of playoff runs in the short to medium term.

The Leafs roster and farm presumably keep them out of the top 10, but does their financial muscle keep them out of the bottom 10? Who's in your top 3-5? Bottom 3-5?

Why does the roster and farm keep them out of top 10? Still one of the youngest teams. And the farm is actually pretty good

Why does the roster and farm keep them out of top 10? Still one of the youngest teams. And the farm is actually pretty good

I started to write that the roster wasn't close, but I didn't really that Gardner, Franson, Reilly, Bernier and Kadri were all RFAs. That's not bad. Still, I think most people would put the current roster and signings well outside the top-10. As for the farm, I don't know anyone who ranks farm quality except HF, who suck, but if they've got the Leafs at #20 and Gauthier as the top prospect, we're probably not in the top half of the league by any measure.

My uneducated, ungoggled opinion is that the Leafs are in the bottom half of the league, but probably only in the 15-20 range since their financial flexibility means that they can always maintain and attract good players, as opposed to a team like Calgary or Florida who probably need everything to go perfectly to sustain any run, since they won't spend near the cap ceiling (especially as it continues to rise).

Well, Corey Pronman had their prospect pool ranked 24th in the league at the start of this season.

all of the prospect rankings have the Leafs in the 20's as an organization that I've seen

I honestly think our roster is pretty decent. Kessel, JVR, Lupul, Gardiner, Rielly, Franson, Kadri, Phaneuf, Bernier is a decent core that should mostly stick together for the next 4-5 years. I'd probably rank our "Best" current roster just outside the top 10. Howeverm the roster that Carlyle uses most nights is probably more in the 15-20 range. With a good coach who made good roster decisions, we are easily a playoff team. With Carlyle's coaching, added to his roster decisions, we are probably honestly in the 21-28 range.

Prospect rankings are so arbitrary..Also who cares that the Islanders or Panthers have good prospect pool..Do they have anwhere near the top 6 the Leafs can throw out there, and for the most part locked up long term.

Prospect rankings are so arbitrary..Also who cares that the Islanders or Panthers have good prospect pool..Do they have anwhere near the top 6 the Leafs can throw out there, and for the most part locked up long term.

Prospects are what help you get over the hurdle off being just an average team that makes the playoffs and loses in the first round, vs a team that goes for a Cup. With the right prospect pool, you can add a player or two come playoff time, or, you can trade them at the deadline for a top rental.

They aren't a guarantee of anything, but having good prospects is vital to being better than just a middle franchise.

Edmonton. Oilers?

It'd sure be nice to have what the Isles and the Panthers have from their years of having the SAME LEVEL OF SUCCESS AS THE MAPLE LEAFS, though. At least they have something to show for their one playoff appearance each.