• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

The Leafs hiring the guy that runs the website that all the other advanced atalytics guys use as a resource, then forcing him to take the site down from the public is a stroke of pure genius. Evil genius, but genius nonetheless.

The Leafs hiring the guy that runs the website that all the other advanced atalytics guys use as a resource, then forcing him to take the site down from the public is a stroke of pure genius. Evil genius, but genius nonetheless.

If this is the way things are done under Shanahan, then I will say "F*CK YOU" and also, well played.

I guess the question is, who will be the next guy who gives up all his free time to put up all this info.

Somebody is going to do it. There's still probably 50 jobs available in the NHL and teams seem to be snapping up all the smart guys who have a presence on social media.

Somebody is going to do it. There's still probably 50 jobs available in the NHL and teams seem to be snapping up all the smart guys who have a presence on social media.

Isnt that 50 really just dependent on how much money they are willing to spend? That number could easily become 20 PER TEAM.

I mean, the player salaries are close to 100million. Whats another $50k to some guy who does analytics, or $250k to 5 of them?

Here's the perfect way for the Leafs to use all that extra money that those loyal fans give them every year.....cant reinvest in player salaries? Ok, spend like mad to have guys tracking all kinds of stats for all the games, and have analytics that other teams do not even have.

• Like 1

Shanny is the man. I'd bet on it if I had money.

I had my doubts, because of his background as a player, but it seems to me he has one of my favourite traits of a man in charge.

He's smart enough to know the things he doesn't know.

Its a damn shame we will be losing Bowen on TV this year..Sure he is a homer, but a lot of us homer Leaf fans love him..He will still be on radio.

We have Paul Romanuk doing SN regional, the hated and dreaded Jim Hughson doing the national games. and Miller/Cuthbert on TSN regional.

I really like Paul Romanuk and glad to see him back in Canada..I also enjoy Gord Miller's calls.. Its well documented I hate Jim Hughson.

Die hard fans prefer homers, at least I do and I am sure a lot of Leafs Nation feels the same..

Its not just about being a homer, but there is history there as you grow up listening to him...It is the main reason it hurts that we lost Bob Cole as the regular voice of the Leafs on HNIC the last couple of years..He was Saturday night for me growing up...

I wonder what it would take...Would they take Bozak, Franson, and say a first?

Or they ask for JVR?

Thornton is getting older but he would look great playing on the top line with Kessel..

Saw Winnik arriving this morning at the Mastercard for his first workout/skate with the team...

He is going to be one of the reasons the Leafs go deep...Bottom end talent..

Orr Mclaren, turns into guys like Winnik , Booth, Komarov, etc...The list is fruitful, the list is endless..

The Cup is coming...BOOK THE DATES NOW..

Bobo, I value your opinion. In your honest opinion, if the leafs are 40 to 1 to win the cup, what are the odds of the mustangs to win the AHL?

around 15-1 seems about right for this year maybe a little lower. His defense should be one of the better ones in the pool.