• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Happy with the Reimer signing.More pressing news is the Richards situation. If you asked me 3 months ago if we had a shot I would say no way. But with Dallas out of the picture now and rumblings that Toronto can be a player its very exciting.Tampa would be the front runner, however I dont think they can make it work within the budget/cap.Read some quotes from Richards(sorry no link) saying that as a Canadian it would be great to play in Toronto. He prefaced it by saying when the time comes and decisions and options are available.Not sure trading for his rights before July 1 is a good idea or not.I am still very cautiously optimistic as I still dont think it will happen.

Happy with the Reimer signing.More pressing news is the Richards situation. If you asked me 3 months ago if we had a shot I would say no way. But with Dallas out of the picture now and rumblings that Toronto can be a player its very exciting.Tampa would be the front runner, however I dont think they can make it work within the budget/cap.Read some quotes from Richards(sorry no link) saying that as a Canadian it would be great to play in Toronto. He prefaced it by saying when the time comes and decisions and options are available.Not sure trading for his rights before July 1 is a good idea or not.I am still very cautiously optimistic as I still dont think it will happen.
Apparently he has refused to waive his NTC to allow Dallas to trade exclusive negotiation rights to another team. I understand a player's rights regarding no trade clauses but i don't get why he would refuse now as it has no affect on him.
Apparently he has refused to waive his NTC to allow Dallas to trade exclusive negotiation rights to another team. I understand a player's rights regarding no trade clauses but i don't get why he would refuse now as it has no affect on him.
If his rights get traded to another team, his agent would require permission to speak with any teams other than the one that holds his rights. I'm sure Dallas has already granted him permission to speak with other teams..
got my Reimer signed stick now. It is awesome. I'll post some pics once I get them off my phone.
I told my son what you have. He is very jealous.

Suggestion my Dale which i though was hilarious:First put he misses I say "Tyler Seguin would of sank that"

Suggestion my Dale which i though was hilarious:First put he misses I say "Tyler Seguin would of sank that"
or you could ask him if he still gets his name on the cup...
I liked your friend on facebook who replied to you with "Just think you could have been golfing with Tyler Seguin"I had to text Serge as soon as I found last night, I thought it was awesome. Lets face it, we all know there isnt a prize he would rather have this morning than that.As I told him, he already has dinner with Daniel every year anyway. Im guessing Serge still hasnt slept since. And thanks Chris for thinking of FCP for these events, sorry I couldnt make it out, but very happy to see justice was served. :club:
I guess the assistant coaches just weren't getting the job done. Tim Hunter and Keith Acton fired.
They combined for 0 goals last year, didn't register a plus rating, and had basically no impact on the forecheck. Too bad, but they obviously weren't contributing.
I guess the assistant coaches just weren't getting the job done. Tim Hunter and Keith Acton fired.
Scott Gordon and Greg Cronin both guys that Wilson has worked with. Gordon was a head coach in Long Island.Great additions IMO.Hunter and Acton have been around a long time. Sad to see them go.

Im REALLY excited for the next couple of weeks..The draft and then free agency...Burke has already started out with a very bold move with the firing of Hunter and Acton. Very unconventional move not having Ron Wilson on board with decision.This is why we all love him.

While I also enjoy this time of year, I find it sad that this is the most excited you get all season. Heh. You've said a handful of times it's your "favorite" time.
When you are building a champion this is an exciting time of year.
While I also enjoy this time of year, I find it sad that this is the most excited you get all season. Heh. You've said a handful of times it's your "favorite" time.
As a fan, I quite enjoy this time of year as well. Maybe I like the draft+free agency (GM stuff) more than most, but frankly, some of the actual games in January/February bore the crap out of me. Too many meaningless games, schedule way too long.This time of year is a fun time to play armchair QB, and think what would I have done in their shoes.
As a fan, I quite enjoy this time of year as well. Maybe I like the draft+free agency (GM stuff) more than most, but frankly, some of the actual games in January/February bore the crap out of me. Too many meaningless games, schedule way too long.This time of year is a fun time to play armchair QB, and think what would I have done in their shoes.
This is my mindset as well, love the draft and free agency (and trade deadline) times of year but that's mostly because I'd rather be a GM or Team President than a hockey player.
qft
qft
and, lets face it, having a Burke makes this time of year even more fun. the guy is just always a minute away from a move, I love that. And hes willing to be open and honest, and your always titallated by what he's suggesting. (sweeet word!)
Im REALLY excited for the next couple of weeks..The draft and then free agency...Burke has already started out with a very bold move with the firing of Hunter and Acton. Very unconventional move not having Ron Wilson on board with decision.This is why we all love him.
Don't pretend Wilson wasn't fully on board with the decision. They phrased it how they did because they know everyone loves Burke and thinks Wilson is a little weener, so they couldn't position it as Wilson's decision. I guarantee Wilson was consulted, and at the very least, concurred with Burke's decision. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole damn thing was up to Wilson.