Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Don't pretend Wilson wasn't fully on board with the decision. They phrased it how they did because they know everyone loves Burke and thinks Wilson is a little weener, so they couldn't position it as Wilson's decision. I guarantee Wilson was consulted, and at the very least, concurred with Burke's decision. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole damn thing was up to Wilson.
I maybe in the minority, especially here, but I think Wilson is a great coach..Much like Burke he is a very loyal guy. I have a huge problem believing that Wilson initiated firing Tim Hunter whom he has worked for 14 years with in Toronto, San Jose and Washington.
  • Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Eh, like I said, I love this time of year too, but I also live to watch hockey games. I don't miss a Penguins regular season game if I can help it. I hate the people who say the season is too long (hear that Arp!!!). Anyways, I'm going to ribfest. LATER!

5 game homestand to open the year..Oct 6 vs Montreal followed byOttawaCalgaryColoradoWinnipeg.Good chance to start well again

Im dissapointed the Leafs didnt land Carter or Richards.
If you believe the sources and they were credible, Flyers called Burke and wanted Kadri and Kulemin..Burke said we will think about it, Flyers never called back.
If you believe the sources and they were credible, Flyers called Burke and wanted Kadri and Kulemin..Burke said we will think about it, Flyers never called back.
I think they should have taken that in a second if it was for Richards.Id think about it a little harder for Carter, but Id probably say yes there too.
I think they should have taken that in a second if it was for Richards.Id think about it a little harder for Carter, but Id probably say yes there too.
I dont know ..I think Kulemin is very talented and his numbers were similar to Richards last year..Sure Richards brings more to the table now but Kulemin has even more upside and is a bit younger and cheaper than Mike Richards.30 goal scorers dont grow on trees, he also plays a much more physical game than most people realize.

Why do you do this to me Eklund...I need to self ban myself from this..Can you imagine if this were true:On the Leafs...I am told to look out early tomorrow morning....the Leafs may pull the trigger on one of the biggest deals the team has ever seen. "Bigger than Phaneuf. Way bigger." I was told. The names to look for Parise, Stamkos, and believe it or not... Eric StaalStamkos I cant see , as Tampa surely would HAVE to match any offer..But Parise is a good posibility and Eric Staal would be so juicy.

I dont know ..I think Kulemin is very talented and his numbers were similar to Richards last year..Sure Richards brings more to the table now but Kulemin has even more upside and is a bit younger and cheaper than Mike Richards.30 goal scorers dont grow on trees, he also plays a much more physical game than most people realize.
Richards had a down year, while Kulemin had a career year. Richards had 30 goals and 80 points 2 seasons ago, and Kadri is a wild card. Kulemin could regress, but Richards is established. I'd have taken that deal in a second as well, and I actually really like Kulemin's game.Even then, I think they got a better deal getting Schenn from LA, and Simmonds, who is a really good 3rd liner.
Richards had a down year, while Kulemin had a career year. Richards had 30 goals and 80 points 2 seasons ago, and Kadri is a wild card. Kulemin could regress, but Richards is established. I'd have taken that deal in a second as well, and I actually really like Kulemin's game.Even then, I think they got a better deal getting Schenn from LA, and Simmonds, who is a really good 3rd liner.
Looks like they got a pick too. If I'm Philly, I take LA's deal. If I'm Toronto, I pull the trigger. I'm guessing Philly felt the same way, since they didn't even wait to hear back on the Leafs deal before agreeing with LA.I would love if the Leafs got Eric Staal or even Parise, I just hope to god its not a Kessel-type deal, and that we can get a few years out of them. The reason Richards would have been great is that he's under contract until he's 50. Parise is an RFA. Staal is signed until 15/16 of course but 8.25 is a hefty cap hit. Won't even discuss Stamkos, that seems impossible.Kulemin's production is Stajan-like, maybe Versteeg-like - if we can get someone to value him as a 30-goal scorer, and Kadri still as equal to a top-10 pick, then we should go for it.
Looks like they got a pick too. If I'm Philly, I take LA's deal. If I'm Toronto, I pull the trigger. I'm guessing Philly felt the same way, since they didn't even wait to hear back on the Leafs deal before agreeing with LA.I would love if the Leafs got Eric Staal or even Parise, I just hope to god its not a Kessel-type deal, and that we can get a few years out of them. The reason Richards would have been great is that he's under contract until he's 50. Parise is an RFA. Staal is signed until 15/16 of course but 8.25 is a hefty cap hit. Won't even discuss Stamkos, that seems impossible.Kulemin's production is Stajan-like, maybe Versteeg-like - if we can get someone to value him as a 30-goal scorer, and Kadri still as equal to a top-10 pick, then we should go for it.
I m not sure anyone who watches more than a handful of Leaf games can make this comment.Comparing Kulemin to Stajan is like comparing a 2010 Mercedes SLK to a 1998 Honda Civic..Not just a a 1998 Honda Civic but one that has a faulty transmission and a clutch that doesnt work from time to time.Kulemin is a solid NHL talent that plays a physical game. Matt Stajan is a stiff.sorry just my two cents.

Im gonna disagree with Kulemin being a 2010 Mercedes SLK of the NHL. I dont care how many games Ive watched, I know what I see. :)But ya, not exactly Stajan either. As for Staal, you guys can just knock that shit off right now, and stop reading Eklund like its gospel. Whats the rumoured Stastny deal? Kadri+?

Im gonna disagree with Kulemin being a 2010 Mercedes SLK of the NHL. I dont care how many guys Ive watched, I know what I see. :)But ya, not exactly Stajan either. As for Staal, you guys can just knock that shit off right now, and stop reading Eklund like its gospel. Whats the rumoured Stastny deal? Kadri+?
Arp is correct on this.
Im gonna disagree with Kulemin being a 2010 Mercedes SLK of the NHL. I dont care how many guys Ive watched, I know what I see. :)But ya, not exactly Stajan either. As for Staal, you guys can just knock that shit off right now, and stop reading Eklund like its gospel. Whats the rumoured Stastny deal? Kadri+?
Lol I didnt say he was the Mercedes of the NHL, i made the comparison between Kulemin and Stajan...:)There are rumours on the HF board fueled by Eklund's craziness...Kadri plus might get it done..Also lot of stupidity with regards to a Kadri plus Schenn plus plus trade that would land Malkin,Stamkos or StaalYa i know it wont happen..BTW FWIW Eklund mentioned the Richards trade a good 6 hours before anyone had an inkling about it.
BTW FWIW Eklund mentioned the Richards trade a good 6 hours before anyone had an inkling about it.
One time, I called this guy with like bottom pair, and I won. Doesnt make me a good poker player worthy of my own site and thousands of followers.I give credit though, I did hear he was early on Richards after the fact. I think his strong suit is the Philly/NJ area (guess thats where he is?), so maybe thats where his connections lie. Thing is, as you know, he just throws so much shit on the wall, somethings gotta stick sooner or later. I still read his stuff, I just gotta keep reminding myself it aint real.I think you read it for same things I do, fun entertainment like the Enquirer version of the NHL. Thing is, as a Leafs fan, Ill bet you get a little more excited at the Leafs stuff than anything else. Only natural.
One time, I called this guy with like bottom pair, and I won. Doesnt make me a good poker player worthy of my own site and thousands of followers.I give credit though, I did hear he was early on Richards after the fact. I think his strong suit is the Philly/NJ area (guess thats where he is?), so maybe thats where his connections lie. Thing is, as you know, he just throws so much shit on the wall, somethings gotta stick sooner or later. I still read his stuff, I just gotta keep reminding myself it aint real.I think you read it for same things I do, fun entertainment like the Enquirer version of the NHL. Thing is, as a Leafs fan, Ill bet you get a little more excited at the Leafs stuff than anything else. Only natural.
You are so right.Its so hard not to get excited when you hear shit like:Leafs about to make biggest trade in history..
You are so right.Its so hard not to get excited when you hear shit like:Leafs about to make biggest trade in history..
I do the same thing with Carolina, or if it effects player I have in my pool. I quickly start checking more "legit" sources.
I m not sure anyone who watches more than a handful of Leaf games can make this comment.Comparing Kulemin to Stajan is like comparing a 2010 Mercedes SLK to a 1998 Honda Civic..Not just a a 1998 Honda Civic but one that has a faulty transmission and a clutch that doesnt work from time to time.Kulemin is a solid NHL talent that plays a physical game. Matt Stajan is a stiff.sorry just my two cents.
Kulemin is the better player of course, but Stajan looked pretty good on that top line and put up some points. I think most teams should consider themselves pleased if Kulemin is a decent 20-goal scorer on their second line.
Kulemin is the better player of course, but Stajan looked pretty good on that top line and put up some points. I think most teams should consider themselves pleased if Kulemin is a decent 20-goal scorer on their second line.
You maybe right..I am really high on Kulemin..I actually he think he is the most talented forward on the team..Better than Kessel, better than Grabovski..I really hope Burke doesnt trade him, but if it will land a top 10 centre than ok.I wouldnt of loved the Kulemin and Kadri for Mike Richards trade..

I think Kulemin is going to be a hell of a player, maybe even better than Richards some day. I still take 11 years of Mike Richards for him and Kadri though.

I don't even know if Parise can be traded now. The Devils filed for arbitration for him so he will either sign a 1-year contract and become an unrestricted free agent next year or try to come to terms on a longer deal.

Interesting..Leafs add Rick Dudley to management team.
He scored just as many goals as Tim Hunter and Keith Acton combined last season.